Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,519

Tasuki

Ok well just had my first taste of Monster Hunter and I am confused. What is this game about? I thought it was like a FPS but it doesnt seem that way.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Chrono_Cross

Tasuki wrote:

Ok well just had my first taste of Monster Hunter and I am confused. What is this game about? I thought it was like a FPS but it doesnt seem that way.

I'm not sure who's more confused, you or me, lol.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

SCRAPPER392

I was able to beat the easier quest pretty easily. But I accidentally kept using potions, and I still don't know how to do alot of the stuff. I tried using a bomb, and it wasn't doing anything, so I hit it, and exploded like I thought it would. How do you explode the barrel bombs with out hitting it with a melee attack?
I keep running out of time on the harder one.
I don't even know how to use the standard items. WTF?

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

Lol. Think more small scale MMO! You hunt carve for items to create better equipment. The fun is the different variety of monsters to fight as well as the weapon and armor choices. Armor and weapons give different stats as well! It gets pretty deep for sure. Like I just said being thrown right into a mission like this can be confusing because the game slows you into it!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

How big was the MH world in Tri? These maps are kinda small. Looks and sounds good though.

Qwest

Chrono_Cross

SCAR392 wrote:

I was able to beat the easier quest pretty easily. But I accidentally kept using potions, and I still don't know how to do alot of the stuff. I tried using a bomb, and it wasn't doing anything, so I hit it, and exploded like I thought it would. How do you explode the barrel bombs with out hitting it with a melee attack?
I keep running out of time on the harder one.
I don't even know how to use the standard items. WTF?

You can explode barrels in many different ways. Sometimes the monster will hit them, you can use your bowgun to detonate it, or even just throw a sonic boom capsule.

SCAR392 wrote:

How big was the MH world in Tri? These maps are kinda small. Looks and sounds good though.

These are the exact areas from Tri. Same size, just better textures. We also get a new HUB in Ultimate, along with a completely new area to explore!

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

SCRAPPER392

Hmmm... I was just wondering, because I left the bomb in between me and the monster, and it rammed right through it, so I thought I had to detonate it myself. I guess I just need to mess around with the items before I go into a battle and expect to be able to use them.

Qwest

Tasuki

Tech101 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Lol. Think more small scale MMO! You hunt carve for items to create better equipment. The fun is the different variety of monsters to fight as well as the weapon and armor choices. Armor and weapons give different stats as well! It gets pretty deep for sure. Like I just said being thrown right into a mission like this can be confusing because the game slows you into it!

Ok yeah that makes sense. My son is trying the demo now and I am seeing how mulitplayer would be very helpful in this game.

My Backlog

SCRAPPER392

How many areas are there in total? I noticed both missions have different areas. I think this is the exact same demo as Tri had actually.

Qwest

Spoony_Tech

SCAR392 wrote:

If I recall correctly there are 4 different sections in the main game. Not sure if this version adds more or not. Each section has around 6-9 areas to explore. It's not Hugh but it works well.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

SCAR392 wrote:

Hmmm... I was just wondering, because I left the bomb in between me and the monster, and it rammed right through it, so I thought I had to detonate it myself. I guess I just need to mess around with the items before I go into a battle and expect to be able to use them.

It still damaged the monster. An explosion is still an explosion after all, lol.

SCAR392 wrote:

How many areas are there in total? I noticed both missions have different areas. I think this is the exact same demo as Tri had actually.

The forest, jungle, desert, tundra, volcano and the new area. Plus two HUBs.

So six total. Five in the Wii version.

Just for you.

Spoony_Tech

SCAR392 wrote:

This is definitely not the same demo. That demo was basically the beginning of the game and turned a lot of people of to it. A lot of people thought it took way to long to get to anything good in the game and thought it wasn't worth their time.

MERG said:

Joeynator3000

SCAR392 wrote:

Let's see here...um...
Deserted Island, Sandy Plains, Flooded Forest, Tundra, and the Volcano from Tri are here. Then there's the new Mountain Peaks...and if you wanna include elder dragon areas and arenas...then...yeah...6 more. lol
So 6 main hunting grounds, 12 total. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Chrono_Cross

Tech101 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

This is definitely not the same demo. That demo was basically the beginning of the game and turned a lot of people of to it. A lot of people thought it took way to long to get to anything good in the game and thought it wasn't worth their time.

Tech's right. The Wii demo featured two monsters, the Great Jaggi and Querepeco, which are completely different species. Much easier, tbh.

Just for you.

Retro_on_theGo

I tried the hard quest. Dude, idk what happened but I'm liking this more! That was fun for some reason. The underwater hunting isn't that bad. I couldn't beat it, but I enjoyed trying. Fighting that dragon and tracking it down when it killed me was awesome. I can't wait to play the 3DS version and more of this to really make an opinion on it.

Chrono_Cross

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I tried the hard quest. Dude, idk what happened but I'm liking this more! That was fun for some reason. The underwater hunting isn't that bad. I couldn't beat it, but I enjoyed trying. Fighting that dragon and tracking it down when it killed me was awesome. I can't wait to play the 3DS version and more of this to really make an opinion on it.

The time limit won't be an issue in the actual game since instead of the demo's 20 minute time limit, you're always guaranteed a 50 minute stretch.

Just for you.

SCRAPPER392

Well, it seems pretty cool. I'd rather play this than COD. Definate day one buy for me off the eShop. I only played the Wii demo when Tri was coming out. My 3DS XL is getting fixed by good ol' N right now, and I'll get it back in time for this game. Is the demo identical on 3DS? I'm wondering if that LAN adaptor will make it over here. It looks like it turns local play into online, and that could work for more than one game.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Joeynator3000

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

That's even better! I'm really starting to warm up to this series!

Yay! A new fan! xD
Things will seem complicated at first, but once you get into you will be killing these big bad dragons with your eyes closed! (not really, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tasuki

Ok starting to get the hand of it as well. Just a matter of finding which weapon I like lol. Going to try it on the 3DS now. Anyone know if the Cross play is available for the demo.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.