Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,519

Joeynator3000

....So how do you kill a Kelbi then? Seems everything just knocks it out...I want to try out the Kelbi Bow. :c

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

....So how do you kill a Kelbi then? Seems everything just knocks it out...I want to try out the Kelbi Bow. :c

I remember when it was the opposite. Now they just won't die!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Tech101 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

I remember when it was the opposite. Now they just won't die!!

Well I checked Brady's eguide and apparently you can...but everything I tried doesn't work and I rarely get anything but horns.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LittleKing

Aviator wrote:

TOMBOY25 wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

TOMBOY25 wrote:

is it me or is the game INCREDIBLY easy compared to the original.

Can't say I disagree. You can get hit pleanty of time and still not need to take a potion. The first time I faced great jaggi it took me like 3 mins or less to take him down. Now in tri it seemed much longer.

yea im in the 3* quests now and no danger whatsoever whereas in tri id be screaming from the difficulty, i hope it gets harder but iv seen a youtube vid of a guy killing a rathian and rathlos (not sure if spelt those right) BOTH dead in 10 minutes.

As Fuzzy said, you've done this before.

I found many of the early quests in P3 really easy because I had already played Tri. The monsters were new, but attacks were much easier to read/learn, and it helped that I already knew how to use a lot of the weapons.

Give it time. If you've played all of Tri you most likely won't find it too difficult until they introduce new monsters.

This would be more relevant if Portable 3rd (P3) was actually the same difficulty level as Tri. The fact is, with a few exceptions, Portable 3rd IS easier than Tri. I'd played hundreds of hours of Tri, Freedom and Unite before Portable 3rd, but having went back to Tri for a while after playing Portable 3rd, I'd still have to say Tri is a decent bit harder. Neither of them is as hard as Unite, though.

Hunter-D wrote:

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll follow suit.

I just did some googling for the Ice Crystals and couldn't find anything concrete. Although a few gamers suggested I search the brown rocks in the Desert Plains.

If you can't mine them in the Tundra, I'd be very surprised. In Tri, the wiki says you could mine them from areas 6 and 11 of the Sandy Plains, but only at night when it's frozen over.

Edited on by LittleKing

LittleKing

Chrono_Cross

With little time I've got to play, I've been tearing through this game.

Really fun. The only monster that gave me trouble was Gigginox, so I'm going to assume our relationship will go south very fast. Again.

(That update can't come soon enough. )

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Razalom

Pretty sure I found some Ice Crystals in the desert area where those thieving cat mobs are, small circular type cave with lots of mining it it.

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

Aviator

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I agree.

Btw, anyone in the PAL region whose willing to farm ian to get some decent weapons/armour?

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Nayr-WaR

Aviator wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I agree.

Btw, anyone in the PAL region whose willing to farm ian to get some decent weapons/armour?

I would, but i'm having problems setting up my connection! Yay!!

NNID: Nayr96

BenAV

I think I'll probably finish off all the village quests before venturing online at all.
Getting pretty close.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Aviator

BenAV wrote:

I think I'll probably finish off all the village quests before venturing online at all.
Getting pretty close.

I hope you know how many village quests there are (and how hard they get).

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

BenAV

Aviator wrote:

I hope you know how many village quests there are (and how hard they get).

I phrased that extremely poorly.
I mean to the end of the main storyline, after that (or before if really needed) if things get too hard I'll probably end up venturing online.

Edit: The low rank village quests is what I mean.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Fuzzy

I might pop online in a couple of hours. Finished all the 1-3 star quests, and keen to pop online for a look.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Aviator

Free Play 3, Lobby 6?

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

SCRAPPER392

I'm just grinding up resources and supplies right now. Is it even possible to go on a mission you can't complete, like if you don't have strong enough equipment? I feel like if I just maxed out my mega potions, potions, brought herbs, and brought fish it would be impossible to lose. Maybe some other items, but I can't even seem to get any better armor and just basically grinding right now.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

MAB

@SCAR Yeah I have gone back to grindsville on the single tip myself after a bunch of lameo rookies barged into MadOzWorld thinkin' they were all that at then some. They kept charging like a bull at a gate with the button mashing which resulted in fainting and telling me they were sorry... Well I don't do sorry, sorry. you should buy the combo books mate

MAB

SCRAPPER392

I'm using the Great Sword, so there's no button mashing even if I tried. I just sold all the weapons they start you out with and stuck with one. I'm just starting the 4 star quests, and the games pretty cool overall I'd say.

That cursed charm stuff everyone's talking about is BS. I found another charm in the flooded forest.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Aviator

Fuzzy wrote:

Heading on now

What's your NNID? I'll join ya.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Aviator

Your thingo is private so I had to register you. Do me and then we RIDE!

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.