Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,519

Chrono_Cross

Ark_Sin wrote:

What is Monster Hunter, and is it worth purchasing/why?

What types of games do you enjoy?
Is time limited in your daily life?
What system were planning on buying it on? 3DS or U?
Is difficulty and crafting uninteresting?

Basically, like an RPG/MMO you make a character and give it a name. You're the only one that can save the world Moga Village and you venture forth like the Terminator.

Gathering necessary materials is vital but can grow tedious to the impatient. Gathering and carving. You have to harvest the monsters you kill or capture for materials, armor and weapons.

The game is also quite difficult. You'll be spending a lot of time learning from a trial and error process that, in itself, could take a very, very long time. Actually, the entire game can only be enjoyed if you're dedicated.

Otherwise watch Youtube videos to see what the game's like.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Astraea

ShadJV wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

At least with me when you do that the other fish run away and the golden fish come out. As soon as you see them pull the bait under the water then hit the button.

Yeah, no fish come out. The fish all scatter and I'm left with just empty water. No goldenfish, no anything...

You're fishing in the wrong spot. Goldenfish do not appear in area 5 (the camp area). You need to go to area 10 at the Deserted Island, and then go to the far right on the map when you enter from area 9. There should be a a couple of fish swimming by the edge of the shore.

(Btw, Qurupeco usually flies to this area to eat the fish whenever he wants to recover his stamina. He can even do this at the beginning of the quest.)

Astraea

Aviator

I finally picked up my copy.

Now my love/hate relationship with Honey can begin...

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Razalom

Has anyone found an alternative to that JP page for checking what table you have been given? Really dont want to be cursed before I continue too far.

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

BenAV

I haven't been able to find one anywhere.
I'm pretty sure I did everything right though and should be on the table I want, so hopefully everything's all good considering I've already put 17 hours into the game.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Razalom

Yeah guess I just keep playing and hope for the best ......

Aviator

Can someone explain the whole table situation to me.

Should I care?

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Astraea

In the game you can equip yourself with armor, decorations, and talismans that provide a set amount of skill points that add or subtract each other depending on their respective requirements. Once you are equipped with enough points on a certain skill you get something called an Active Skill that determines what boosts or hindrance your character will get during quests.

Complete armor sets are the mainstream way to get Active Skills. Sometimes players like to mix different armor pieces to obtain a specific or an even better set of Active Skills. Decorations can be equipped via Armor Slots, Weapon Slots or Talisman Slots. Since armors are stuck with their skills points and decorations are restricted to the number of slots you have available, the only other option is to equip a talisman.

Talismans in MH3U are generated from a pool of Charm Tables that become locked in once you start a new game. There are 17 Tables and five of them only have about 200 talismans while the rest have about 20,000. Each table has their own unique set of talismans that may not appear in any of the other tables. For this reason it restricts what kind of armor sets and Active Skills people can get with their respective Charm Tables. Thus, the end results are very unique armor combinations and Active Skills sets among players in MH.

Also I've been reading a lot about armors that cannot be completed with certain Charm Tables but I have no idea if it's really true.

Astraea

Aviator

Astraea wrote:

Also I've been reading a lot about armors that cannot be completed with certain Charm Tables but I have no idea if it's really true.

That's all I really care about it then. I pretty much only use armours (that are good) and the skills that come with it.

You don't need skills when you're a pro hunter!

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

LittleKing

Astraea wrote:

In the game you can equip yourself with armor, decorations, and talismans that provide a set amount of skill points that add or subtract each other depending on their respective requirements. Once you are equipped with enough points on a certain skill you get something called an Active Skill that determines what boosts or hindrance your character will get during quests.

Complete armor sets are the mainstream way to get Active Skills. Sometimes players like to mix different armor pieces to obtain a specific or an even better set of Active Skills. Decorations can be equipped via Armor Slots, Weapon Slots or Talisman Slots. Since armors are stuck with their skills points and decorations are restricted to the number of slots you have available, the only other option is to equip a talisman.

Talismans in MH3U are generated from a pool of Charm Tables that become locked in once you start a new game. There are 17 Tables and five of them only have about 200 talismans while the rest have about 20,000. Each table has their own unique set of talismans that may not appear in any of the other tables. For this reason it restricts what kind of armor sets and Active Skills people can get with their respective Charm Tables. Thus, the end results are very unique armor combinations and Active Skills sets among players in MH.

Why wouldn't it be? Many, many good sets need very specific charms. If that charm isn't in the table, how can you complete the combination to get the skills you need?

LittleKing

Razalom

The main issue with the table is that there are 5 cursed sets which means its going to be horrible to play. 10 is the best for blade users and any from 1 - 12 are ok in general. 13-17 are cursed and are really a dumb idea by capcom as they can really hinder your game.

Fuzzy

The wii is soooo slow. Downloading took ages. Download error when I was out. Finished it off. Installing took ages.

These monsters better watch out.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

MAB

Yeah only a lameo hunter cares about these charm tables... Give me a cursed table anyday of the week and I will roll with it baby

MAB

TOMBOY25

is it me or is the game INCREDIBLY easy compared to the original.

TOMBOY25

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8827-8761 | Nintendo Network ID: TOMBOY25

Spoony_Tech

TOMBOY25 wrote:

Can't say I disagree. You can get hit pleanty of time and still not need to take a potion. The first time I faced great jaggi it took me like 3 mins or less to take him down. Now in tri it seemed much longer.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TOMBOY25

Tech101 wrote:

TOMBOY25 wrote:

Can't say I disagree. You can get hit pleanty of time and still not need to take a potion. The first time I faced great jaggi it took me like 3 mins or less to take him down. Now in tri it seemed much longer.

yea im in the 3* quests now and no danger whatsoever whereas in tri id be screaming from the difficulty, i hope it gets harder but iv seen a youtube vid of a guy killing a rathian and rathlos (not sure if spelt those right) BOTH dead in 10 minutes.

TOMBOY25

3DS Friend Code: 0275-8827-8761 | Nintendo Network ID: TOMBOY25

6ch6ris6

i played MH-tri on wii but i have never heared of "charm tables".
dafuq?

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Razalom

Yeah a lot of people have stated that its easier at the start on this game so the learning curve isn't as sharp but it does get a lot harder further on.

Fuzzy

What weapon are people using? I'm thinking of trying the hunting horn this go, but liking the dual blades at the beginning.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.