Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,519

SCRAPPER392

It sucks. I had to send in my 3DS XL to repair the camera. It was acting all weird with green static everywhere, so now I can't get the 3DS demo for a couple weeks, but I should get my console back by the time the game comes out. I'm just about to try the Wii U demo... My first Monster Hunter.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

TysonOfTime

SCAR392 wrote:

It sucks. I had to send in my 3DS XL to repair the camera. It was acting all weird with green static everywhere, so now I can't get the 3DS demo for a couple weeks, but I should get my console back by the time the game comes out. I'm just about to try the Wii U demo... My first Monster Hunter.

Wait, when you say "It" do you mean the Demo?

I hope not, for your sake. D:<

@Tech
Yeah, it's my first MH. I like it.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Chomposaur

this is also my first monster hunter game, i really dont understand it .. i mean i just beat the overgrown koala bear in the ice mountains .. lol i mean is monster hunter basically going around beating the S*** out of the monsters until it dies ? took me 15 mins to kill him is that good ? i used to longsword class or as i like to call it.. the watermelon sword .. lol

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306

Zolgar

JogurtTheYogurt wrote:

i really dont understand it .. i mean i just beat the overgrown koala bear in the ice mountains .. lol i mean is monster hunter basically going around beating the S*** out of the monsters until it dies ?

Do missions, hunter monsters, skin them, collect resources (bones from ground, mine ore, etc), craft gear, etc.

3DS FC: 3754 - 7518 - 4293
STEAM: Thumbtack Jake
Case: CM 932 HAF Advance - Mobo: Gigabyte P67X - GPU: GTX680 - CPU: Intel i5 3570k - RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance - PSU: Corsair TX750v2 - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB - HDD: WD Black 2TB - OS: Win7 x64 Pro

Spoony_Tech

JogurtTheYogurt wrote:

this is also my first monster hunter game, i really dont understand it .. i mean i just beat the overgrown koala bear in the ice mountains .. lol i mean is monster hunter basically going around beating the S*** out of the monsters until it dies ? took me 15 mins to kill him is that good ? i used to longsword class or as i like to call it.. the watermelon sword .. lol

Yeah like was said above. In the actual game you will start out with nothing. You have to kill most monsters multiple times to get all the items you need to get the right equipment! It's more fun the it sounds.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

6ch6ris6

JogurtTheYogurt wrote:

well every monster has different moves and different behaviour. in some missions you have to catch the monsters, which i always find a bit trickier. you have to see when the monster is weak enough to be catched. sometimes you fail by killing it then. you also have to collect al kinds of material in the areas to craft new potions or new weapons and armory.
multiplayer is like 10times more fun than singleplayer.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Ecto-1

Anyone know if you can rearrange the HUD in the demo? I know you can in the final game (IGN mentioned and showed it in a video a few days ago), but I have no clue how to do it. My only problem with the demo is that my TV is cutting off parts of the HUD. I died several times while fighting Plesioth, simply because I didn't realise how low my health was because I couldn't see it. Still, this is a lot of fun!

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

6ch6ris6

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

My first taste of Munster hunter. Tonight

good hunting. i will try to get some monsters now too

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

SCRAPPER392

TysonOfTime wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Wait, when you say "It" do you mean the Demo?

I hope not, for your sake. D:<

@Tech
Yeah, it's my first MH. I like it.

No, the camera was acting weird by having green static. It's been doing it for a month or so, and I finally sent it in.

I just tried the demo. It's looking pretty good, and the surround sound is pretty cool.

This seems like a real time killer. Which is good IMO. How big is the world in the full game?

EDIT: By camera, I mean the 3DS camera app, not the in game camera.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Ecto-1

I kinda like how they tweaked the switch axe; now, to get your hunter to start swinging the axe like a madman, you have to start hitting A after doing the upswing move (which is the fourth swing hitting X, or hitting + while holding the axe/tapping the special button on the touch screen). Before, you could just wail on the X button. To me, it makes the axe a bit more strategic.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

Fuzzy

Will be downloading after work. Looking forward to it.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Retro_on_theGo

Um....
I'll try the second quest to give this another shot but this seems kind of... Overrated?

I'm sure it's just me being a noob but is smashing A over and over and over and over and over until the monster finally dies seriously all you can do? There's no more variety to the weapon's combat? I thought it was sort of cool and I can totally see how this can be fun in multiplayer but this seemed kind of disappointing.
Gonna try the 3DS version later

TysonOfTime

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Um....
I'll try the second quest to give this another shot but this seems kind of... Overrated?

I'm sure it's just me being a noob but is smashing A over and over and over and over and over until the monster finally dies seriously all you can do? There's no more variety to the weapon's combat? I thought it was sort of cool and I can totally see how this can be fun in multiplayer but this seemed kind of disappointing.

You did one easy mission alone where the goal required you just to mash a button.
I have a feeling from all the conversations about the game that it gets much much deeper.

SCRAPPER392

The monsters take along time to die. I had no clue what I was doing, but I managed to beat the first mission. I ran out of time during the second one, using the first big weapon guy. The timing is key i this game for bigger weapons, but smaller weapons just take longer.

Qwest

TysonOfTime

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'll try the hard Persyian or whatever the heck mission in a bit then.

I haven't been able to beat that one yet, so good luck.

Spoony_Tech

TysonOfTime wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'll try the hard Persyian or whatever the heck mission in a bit then.

I haven't been able to beat that one yet, so good luck.

Set up traps. Use your bombs if you can. Do everything you can to weaken the monsters. The first couple of times its good just to study the movements of the monster so you know when to get out of the way. Plus the smaller quicker weapons will take longer to kill them. Bow guns always take longer as well but allow for distance! It does get deep. It's weird getting thrown into the fire like this demo does! Normally these type of missions are like 10+ hours into the game!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Um....

There's a lot to every weapon. You can do the one-two-three combo over and over and judge the entirety of the combat, but when you use the switch axe, you're exposed to many different play styles.

Before I explain, I highly recommend the switch axe, especially for the hard creature since it's moderately fast yet very strong. Anywho, with the SA, you can lunge stab to begin a combo or even just horizontally swipe. You can even use the great sword attachment that is also very effective for quick damage and even comes with an assigned element.

So what I'm saying is that, sure, you mash one button most of the time, but there are many combinations to execute with perfectly timed presses and even different buttons.

Try using the R button when using a long sword and/or the SA.

As for my playthrough, I found it very impressive yet easy. Of course I finished both quests on my first try, but I had fun doing it. The variety in terms of weapons is staggering compared to Tri and the enemy variety, including subspecies, is immensely impressive.

I had to get used to the controls (I was very sloppy, lol), and my health bar was practically invisible, but overall, looking forward to it!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.