Forums

Topic: Miyamoto wants to know what you want Nintendo to make for Wii U

Posts 121 to 140 of 158

erv

Sigh. Let the man play f-zero gx. Then, tell him we want more.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

JamesCoote

I'd also like to see a new IP story-driven FPS. Even if that's not really Nintendo's style. Something like a Portal or Bioshock.

Also, a kickstarter-vote style thing would be terrible. It'd only be voted on by a small subset of fans, and mostly the hardcore ones, so would just end up with something that at best has niche appeal.

Game developer for Crystalline Green Ltd. Working on Totem Topple and Flight of Light for Wii U

Twitter:

DropDash

I'd like to see a serious Steel Diver game on Wii U. Maybe more games in general that use the touch screen as a control panel for controlling vehicle craft of all kinds. Like an awesome combat flight sim (not starfox, but rather a realistic one). Or a space flight sim/fighter. How about a new Wave Race. A new 1080° Snowboarding. How about a first-person super hero game where you could literally choose and hone any super power. How about a cool story driven action RPG with a hyper realistic look. How about a new Kid Icarus game. How about more games done as well as Kid Icarus. How about a hardcore racing sim. How about games that look like actual anime in motion. How about an underwater exploratory science fiction fantasy? How about Nintendo buys Capcom and finally does all those wonderful IPs justice???

DropDash

LzWinky

No Miyamoto! Don't do it! Nintendo fans don't know what they want

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jazzer94

I know we just got Mario Kart 8 (it has become one of my favorite racing games) but man do I want a new F-Zero (similar to GX), GX has to be my favorite racing game of all time it's just excellent still to this day.
Untitled

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Bolt_Strike

Jazzer94 wrote:

I know we just got Mario Kart 8 (it has become one of my favorite racing games) but man do I want a new F-Zero (similar to GX), GX has to be my favorite racing game of all time it's just excellent still to this day.
Untitled

I feel like that's part of the reason why F-Zero is the only dormant IP that we haven't heard anything about yet, because it's too similar to Mario Kart 8. Maybe if they added a new gameplay mechanic that they couldn't just do in Mario Kart, it'd have a better shot of returning, but I think otherwise they consider the series to be somewhat redundant.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

WhiteNoise17

The7thFlare wrote:

I want a Super Mario Sunshine sequel with a remaster of the first one!!!

Dude don't freak out but I think you could be my long lost brother...

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

Jazzer94

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Untitled

I feel like that's part of the reason why F-Zero is the only dormant IP that we haven't heard anything about yet, because it's too similar to Mario Kart 8. Maybe if they added a new gameplay mechanic that they couldn't just do in Mario Kart, it'd have a better shot of returning, but I think otherwise they consider the series to be somewhat redundant.

Apart from them both being racing games they aren't the same, have you played an F-Zero game it doesn't control remotely like Mario Kart.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Elduderino7256

Mother 3. Another Mario RPG. Another Excitebike, A Lego version of GTA with all the good gta stuff in a open world lego game. Lock that mug up as an exclusive.

Elduderino7256

TheKingOfTown

new fzero plz k thx miya-san ;D

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Bolt_Strike

Jazzer94 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Untitled

Apart from them both being racing games they aren't the same, have you played an F-Zero game it doesn't control remotely like Mario Kart.

Not really, no. What exactly is different about it gameplay wise besides controls? Anytime I look at a Youtube video of F-Zero it just looks like a poor man's Mario Kart 8, you don't seem to be doing anything besides drive and hit boost pads. Is there something else going on here in terms of gameplay mechanics, because you can basically do this stuff and more in Mario Kart 8.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Jazzer94

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Not really, no. What exactly is different about it gameplay wise besides controls? Anytime I look at a Youtube video of F-Zero it just looks like a poor man's Mario Kart 8.

Sorry but I think I'm done with conversation now play the game before insulting it.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Bolt_Strike

Jazzer94 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Not really, no. What exactly is different about it gameplay wise besides controls? Anytime I look at a Youtube video of F-Zero it just looks like a poor man's Mario Kart 8.

Sorry but I think I'm done with conversation now play the game before insulting it.

So you want people to waste money on games just so they can find a reason to justify their purchase? LOL okay.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Tritonus

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Untitled

I really think F-Zero 64 was superior to GX, namely because of how they toned down the dash attacks you could do in GX. For me, it just became too much about racing a perfect race, and I really missed the melee attack element of the game, where you knock opponent's shields down and out of the race. That being said, GX was amazingly cool.

Infinite Crisis (DC Comics MOBA) Beta Invite:

https://www.infinitecrisis.com/en/account/registration?utm_source=86b226d9-cf09-e311-a320-bc305b234d58&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=IC_RAF

Bolt_Strike

Tritonus wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Untitled

I really think F-Zero 64 was superior to GX, namely because of how they toned down the dash attacks you could do in GX. For me, it just became too much about racing a perfect race, and I really missed the melee attack element of the game, where you knock opponent's shields down and out of the race. That being said, GX was amazingly cool.

Melee Attacks? Now we're talking. Mario Kart doesn't let you do anything to other racers besides bump into them or throw items, that would certainly help make it more unique. Maybe they could make the series like a futuristic Burnout of sorts?

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Did some one just imply Mario Kart is better than F-Zero? . . .LOL. OH GOD LOL.

Not necessarily "better", I was just saying that F-Zero looks redundant next to Mario Kart 8. It just doesn't look as unique anymore now that Mario Kart has antigravity.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Retro_on_theGo

I can see why you would think that without having played an F-Zero game. It is entirely different though. It's much more about the race and more skill driven since without items a giant chance of luck is taken out. Controls are tighter though MK8 does have great controls, races are much more faster and adrenaline pumping. It's just more intense and pure overall.

Bolt_Strike

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I can see why you would think that without having played an F-Zero game. It is entirely different though. It's much more about the race and more skill driven since without items a giant chance of luck is taken out. Controls are tighter though MK8 does have great controls, races are much more faster and adrenaline pumping. It's just more intense and pure overall.

You can get that kind of experience on just about any racing game though, it's not really something that only F-Zero can do. I'm talking more gameplay mechanics, what can you physically do in the game that you couldn't do in another racing game?

I think it would probably be more worth their time if they either found some kind of new gameplay mechanic that could work with the game or look into another racer that is more unique like 1080 Snowboarding or Wave Race (if they can buy out SEGA, they could also dip into some of his past racing games like R or Riders).

Bolt_Strike

JamesCoote

Actually, I'm making a racing game for Wii U that's kinda similar to F-zero, but uses a different/unusual control mechanic

Game developer for Crystalline Green Ltd. Working on Totem Topple and Flight of Light for Wii U

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.