Forums

Topic: Minecraft (Wii U) - OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 421

Eel

In the vita version, I often find villages and fortresses that spawned "wrong", like, only half a well is all you find, or the fortress is there, but the portal is not (something else overwrote it).

It's also pretty common to find maps with little sand and no horses. And usually a lot of snow, for some reason.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Yoshi

They better have solved the issue of putting text on signs. In split screen, I hate being interrupted every time someone tries to type out a message because of that stupid on screen keyboard.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

shaneoh

@Morpheel: Could use a system similar to buttoned phones;
left stick up: y=1(symbols) x= 2 (abc) a=3(def),
left stick neutral: y=4 x=5 a=6
left stick down: y=7 x=8 a=9
left stick left: y=* x=0 a=#
b= delete, left shoulder = done, dpad = move cursor

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Yoshi

Morpheel wrote:

I don't think that's something that can be fixed, the keyboard would be really tiny otherwise.

And crafting and managing your inventory isn't?

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Eel

The keyboard would be harder to navigate than the inventory, I guess. Being tiny letters in a tiny keyboard.

I'm also under the impression that these ports all use the system's default text input methods. Maybe those aren't as flexible as we think.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jariw

WebHead wrote:

yeah the wii u build will likely be identical to the 360 build.

Why? Source on this? The Wii U has much more RAM, which would be the limitation for world sizes. Drawing distances can always be shortened if the implementation towards the GPU would be a bottleneck.

jariw

TuVictus

Well, considering they couldn't even be bothered to make use of the controller, I highly doubt they went to extra mile to tailor the game specifically to the console's power level. After all, the Wii U has the benefit of being extremely easy to port 360 titles to, according to devs early on in its life. Most likely this is a straight port of the 360 version

TuVictus

Rumorlife

So with this supporting USB Keyboard, voice chat and the WiiU Pro controller, it seems more obvious why it was easy to port this game. They didn't have to change the controller. It is the 360 controller without the same trigger buttons.

Rumorlife

lightningbolt79

The reason why it is more expensive is because it has some paid DLC built into the game already.

Also, so what if it doesn't have the inventory on the gamepad? Is everyone too lazy to press a button to open the inventory?

lightningbolt79

Yoshi

Dankykong wrote:

So with this supporting USB Keyboard, voice chat and the WiiU Pro controller, it seems more obvious why it was easy to port this game. They didn't have to change the controller. It is the 360 controller without the same trigger buttons.

All consoles have the same controller. They all have two triggers, two bumpers, two thumbsticks, a D-Pad, and four face buttons. The only thing different is the arrangement.

Now playing:

ELI-ASH

Already own the ps3 & ps4 versions but i'll be picking this version up for the simple purpose of playing it with my wii u friends ^_^ streaming it would be fun too.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

MockingClove

Is anybody excited for this game? On YouTube, I feel like the only one. I have only played the PC demo and the Pocket Edition but gave up on it for being so... restricted. Now I feel like I can finally get a great Minecraft experience that I've been watching the PC players do for years. Hopefully there will be some way to make games out of servers like The Survivial Games.

MockingClove

jariw

MockingClove wrote:

Is anybody excited for this game? On YouTube, I feel like the only one. I have only played the PC demo and the Pocket Edition but gave up on it for being so... restricted. Now I feel like I can finally get a great Minecraft experience that I've been watching the PC players do for years. Hopefully there will be some way to make games out of servers like The Survivial Games.

You will not get the PC Minecraft experience. Console versions work differently, and they do not support mods.

But I'll get the Wii U version, just because my kids want yet another version of it.

jariw

gcunit

What attracts me to the Wii U version still is simple - off-tv play. I assume basic off-tv play functionality is provided, right...?

And the price in UK is just about tolerable. I'd expected higher when I heard the US price.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

nuts

They took out all the good skins

nuts

Nintendo Network ID: nuts

martinskrtel37

gcunit wrote:

What attracts me to the Wii U version still is simple - off-tv play. I assume basic off-tv play functionality is provided, right...?

And the price in UK is just about tolerable. I'd expected higher when I heard the US price.

yeah i'm going to buy it because it's minecraft, one of the "easiest" games to play, very fun yet relaxing if you want it to be, why wouldn't you want a great casual game like that for your gamepad??

i'm disappointed there isn't going to be a physical version in Australia though

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

nuts

Miiverse is gonna be pretty cool with this
Its gonna be a dirt house museum

Edited on by nuts

nuts

Nintendo Network ID: nuts

ELI-ASH

So when is this coming out exactly i know its the 17th but what time? midnight eastern?

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Eat_Pie

MockingClove wrote:

Not really. I've never had an interest in Minecraft to begin with, and they took out a lot of features with the Wii U version. I may get it for my sister though, who loves Minecraft.

Eat_Pie

Sorry, this topic has been locked.