• Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  • Metroid: Zero Mission
  • Metroid: Fusion
  • Metroid Prime Pinball
  • Metroid Prime Hunters
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  • Metroid: Other M

So just about 8 metroid games including Pinball. And Other M bombed and such. So metroid just needs to go on a break. But metroid is far from dead lol.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

cookiex

102. Posted:

Metroid was "dead" for eight years after Super Metroid, so a long break for the series is hardly anything new.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

eviLaTtenDant

103. Posted:

@cookiex">@cookiex wrote:

Metroid was "dead" for eight years after Super Metroid, so a long break for the series is hardly anything new.

I guess the waiting's just so hard because we want them to right the wrongs of Other M asap and because we like the idea of a 2D gameplay Metroid with 3D visuals.
It might also have something to do with the image Nintendo tried to give the Wii U at first. If i think Ninty and hardcore games the first thing that comes to mind is Metroid. And i do think the series has all it takes to make an amazing game that not only appeals to its fans but current PS360 owners too.

Edited on by eviLaTtenDant

Number 2? Says who? >=o]

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage

I-U

104. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

So it's all right for another 8 year break to occur because it has happened before? Metroid had three games before that hiatus, after it gained 8 new titles. The Metroid Series is more established now, so another eight year break would be almost unacceptable.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

105. Posted:

Well apparently Super Metroid is the best selling downloadable title on Wii U. So there's that.

It was 30 cents for a while admittedly...

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

cookiex

106. Posted:

I-U wrote:

cookiex wrote:

So it's all right for another 8 year break to occur because it has happened before? Metroid had three games before that hiatus, after it gained 8 new titles. The Metroid Series is more established now, so another eight year break would be almost unacceptable.

Did I say it should go on another 8-year "break"? No, nor do I think it will.

All I said was that it's not new for the franchise to do so.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

107. Posted:

Metroid is dead, I'm pretty sure the ones in fusion don't count.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

B_BIackNinja_N

108. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

Other M killed Metroid. Sad but true. What an awful game it was.

I don't understand your logic behind this.
Sonic had Sonic 06,Sonic Series is still going,
Mario games are somewhat the same thing with some "fresh" ideas

Can you tell me how one game makes a franchise that has been around for like 25 years just stop, and thats it.

I could go Super Sonic!
My body is ready!
The L in BlackNinja is a capital i.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9720-8346 | Nintendo Network ID: B_BlackNinja_N

AuthorMessage

Austroid

109. Posted:

As controversially bad as Other M was, that shouldn't mean the series should take another 8 year break.

Like B_BlackNinja_N said, Sonic '06 (a much bigger disaster of a game in all respects) didn't hinder the Sonic series or force it to go into a hiatus. In fact if it wasn't for Wii's release in the same year, Sonic wouldn't of bounced back as soon with Secret Rings.

I think Nintendo knows they made a bad move and have been in contact with Retro Studios or whoever else about the next Metroid. Its too great of a franchise to have to hibernate after just one blunder.

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 4
"There is a group of fans for the films that doesn't like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike." -George Lucas

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage

thesilverbrick

110. Posted:

bezerker99 wrote:

Good lord, Other M wasn't that bad. It played extremely well and was fun, even if the story was lame.
And I'm tired of people whining that Metroid is dead just because we haven't seen a game in three years. Back in my day, I had to wait from Super Metroid in 1994 until 2001 for a new Metroid game. Be patient, people. It could be worse.

Currently playing:
-Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES)
-Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES)
-Yoshi's Island DS (DS)
-Pokemon Y (3DS)
-Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Wii U)

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1252-4429 | Nintendo Network ID: thesilverbrick | Twitter: thesilverbrick

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

111. Posted:

I guess metroid is the Paul McCartney of video games... it's walking right in front of everyone and people still say it is dead....

or was it Megaman?

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

112. Posted:

As a Beyond Good and Evil fan, I find this idea that 3 years is a long time to be pathetic.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

adamkop

113. Posted:

B_BlackNinja_N wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

I don't understand your logic behind this.
Sonic had Sonic 06,Sonic Series is still going,
Mario games are somewhat the same thing with some "fresh" ideas

Can you tell me how one game makes a franchise that has been around for like 25 years just stop, and thats it.

Yeah, Nintendo is most likely preparing something different for Metroid. Not big, but just different. Retro is most likely working on it, as Donkey Kong will be their "2D Mario" while Metroid will be handled as a mainline "3D Mario".
It's also no secret that Metroid games don't sell systems just as well. It will be used when WiiU is swinging again to keep the momentum, but not to push it. I don't quite understand the "failure" of M:OM, as it didn't resonate well with the fans, but still more than a million copies were sold.
As for the 3DS game, it will appear some time soon for sure. There is a Zelda, Yoshi and now Kirby based on their previous installments, so Metroid will surely follow them soon. Metroid Prime Hunters could really sell millions easily if it was properly advertised as an adventure game with enormous online capabilites (co-op and versus modes with unique twists).

adamkop

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

114. Posted:

Im really afraid for metroid..maybe capcom working on metroid..the pieces fit sorta

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

I Love Fire Emblem & Kid Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

115. Posted:

How do the pieces fit at all.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

116. Posted:

Well mega man being in the games and MH4..maybe meaning secret team up, most mega man screenshots are with samus plus capcom is broke and maybe nintendo is making it rain.Untitled

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

I Love Fire Emblem & Kid Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod