Forums

Topic: Metroid Dead?

Posts 101 to 120 of 149

rolLTheDice

@cookiex" rel="nofollow">@cookiex wrote:

Metroid was "dead" for eight years after Super Metroid, so a long break for the series is hardly anything new.

I guess the waiting's just so hard because we want them to right the wrongs of Other M asap and because we like the idea of a 2D gameplay Metroid with 3D visuals.
It might also have something to do with the image Nintendo tried to give the Wii U at first. If i think Ninty and hardcore games the first thing that comes to mind is Metroid. And i do think the series has all it takes to make an amazing game that not only appeals to its fans but current PS360 owners too.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

I-U

cookiex wrote:

Metroid was "dead" for eight years after Super Metroid, so a long break for the series is hardly anything new.

So it's all right for another 8 year break to occur because it has happened before? Metroid had three games before that hiatus, after it gained 8 new titles. The Metroid Series is more established now, so another eight year break would be almost unacceptable.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

kkslider5552000

Well apparently Super Metroid is the best selling downloadable title on Wii U. So there's that.

It was 30 cents for a while admittedly...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

cookiex

I-U wrote:

cookiex wrote:

So it's all right for another 8 year break to occur because it has happened before? Metroid had three games before that hiatus, after it gained 8 new titles. The Metroid Series is more established now, so another eight year break would be almost unacceptable.

Did I say it should go on another 8-year "break"? No, nor do I think it will.

All I said was that it's not new for the franchise to do so.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

shingi_70

Metroid is dead, I'm pretty sure the ones in fusion don't count.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

TheMainMii

bezerker99 wrote:

Other M killed Metroid. Sad but true. What an awful game it was.

I don't understand your logic behind this.
Sonic had Sonic 06,Sonic Series is still going,
Mario games are somewhat the same thing with some "fresh" ideas

Can you tell me how one game makes a franchise that has been around for like 25 years just stop, and thats it.

I could go Super Sonic!
My body is ready!

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9720-8346 | Nintendo Network ID: B_BlackNinja_N

PanicPuppet

As controversially bad as Other M was, that shouldn't mean the series should take another 8 year break.

Like B_BlackNinja_N said, Sonic '06 (a much bigger disaster of a game in all respects) didn't hinder the Sonic series or force it to go into a hiatus. In fact if it wasn't for Wii's release in the same year, Sonic wouldn't of bounced back as soon with Secret Rings.

I think Nintendo knows they made a bad move and have been in contact with Retro Studios or whoever else about the next Metroid. Its too great of a franchise to have to hibernate after just one blunder.

PanicPuppet

thesilverbrick

bezerker99 wrote:

Good lord, Other M wasn't that bad. It played extremely well and was fun, even if the story was lame.
And I'm tired of people whining that Metroid is dead just because we haven't seen a game in three years. Back in my day, I had to wait from Super Metroid in 1994 until 2001 for a new Metroid game. Be patient, people. It could be worse.

thesilverbrick

Nintendo Network ID: thesilverbrick | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

I guess metroid is the Paul McCartney of video games... it's walking right in front of everyone and people still say it is dead....

or was it Megaman?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

kkslider5552000

As a Beyond Good and Evil fan, I find this idea that 3 years is a long time to be pathetic.

adamkop

B_BlackNinja_N wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

I don't understand your logic behind this.
Sonic had Sonic 06,Sonic Series is still going,
Mario games are somewhat the same thing with some "fresh" ideas

Can you tell me how one game makes a franchise that has been around for like 25 years just stop, and thats it.

Yeah, Nintendo is most likely preparing something different for Metroid. Not big, but just different. Retro is most likely working on it, as Donkey Kong will be their "2D Mario" while Metroid will be handled as a mainline "3D Mario".
It's also no secret that Metroid games don't sell systems just as well. It will be used when WiiU is swinging again to keep the momentum, but not to push it. I don't quite understand the "failure" of M:OM, as it didn't resonate well with the fans, but still more than a million copies were sold.
As for the 3DS game, it will appear some time soon for sure. There is a Zelda, Yoshi and now Kirby based on their previous installments, so Metroid will surely follow them soon. Metroid Prime Hunters could really sell millions easily if it was properly advertised as an adventure game with enormous online capabilites (co-op and versus modes with unique twists).

adamkop

Sleepingmudkip

Im really afraid for metroid..maybe capcom working on metroid..the pieces fit sorta

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

shingi_70

How do the pieces fit at all.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Sleepingmudkip

Well mega man being in the games and MH4..maybe meaning secret team up, most mega man screenshots are with samus plus capcom is broke and maybe nintendo is making it rain.Untitled

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

10-zx

I think Metroid is dead because of the end of Fusion. Think about it, at the end of the game, Samus is pretty much an outlaw, the Metroids are extinct, she will get NO help from the GF anymore, she has a parasite in her, and exactly how can you be a bounty hunter when you're wanted? If they continue a game that takes place after Fusion, I don't think Metroid will feel quite the same ever again. So for now, personally I think Metroid is dead; not for the lack of games, but the afterward of Fusion...when you think about it it is actually kind of depressing.

All rights reserved.

kkslider5552000

implying Nintendo would go in that direction

also a lot of these plots turn out to be more that a faction of the government force is evil and then they stop the evil part and the good guys win so yeah...

arnoldlayne83

Not releasing a Metroid FPS on the wiiu, with its dual screens, hd graphics and plenty of control options, will be a total failure for nintendo... Said that, i don t even want to think that they will be so stupid, skipping this to maybe realize another 2d platform... Ops kirby and yoshi for 2015... (facepalming here)

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

luisesteban

I'd like very much Other M, even the voice acting part.

luisesteban

Bolt_Strike

Honestly, I think it was a missed opportunity that Metroid wasn't one of the first games they came to for the Wii U, the Wii U and the Gamepad are utterly perfect for Metroid and would've helped demonstrate the Gamepad's value.

Sadly, they decided to make Not Super Mario 3D Land and Not Donkey Kong Country Returns instead.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

arnoldlayne83

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Honestly, I think it was a missed opportunity that Metroid wasn't one of the first games they came to for the Wii U, the Wii U and the Gamepad are utterly perfect for Metroid and would've helped demonstrate the Gamepad's value.

Agree... With super polish 3d graphic would ve been perfect to lure ps3 and xbox owner towards the console... A mature game from nintendo... In hd.... Huge missed opportunity at launch... Instead, tons of platforms... Hooray!

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.