Forums

Topic: Mass Effect 3: Wii U vs XBox 360 vs PS3

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

The_Fox

So essentially it's better than the PS3 version (which had problems) and about the same as the 360 version? That might not seem like an impressive feat, but this is a launch title (and a port). Looks like the Wii U has a little horsepower after all.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

TheDreamingHawk

I'm surprised considering how ME3 on Wii U was made by the same devs who made Funky barn.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

JetForceSetGrind

The_Fox wrote:

So essentially it's better than the PS3 version (which had problems) and about the same as the 360 version? That might not seem like an impressive feat, but this is a launch title (and a port). Looks like the Wii U has a little horsepower after all.

Comparable to a seven-year old console that'll be replaced in 1 or 2 years... not to mention PS3 versions are normally better and the PS3 is more powerful than the Wii U.

JetForceSetGrind

Break61

BanjoThreeie wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Comparable to a seven-year old console that'll be replaced in 1 or 2 years... not to mention PS3 versions are normally better and the PS3 is more powerful than the Wii U.

I think the Wii U is more powerful than the Ps3 not by much but still more.

Break61

3DS Friend Code: 5472-6150-8504

LordJumpMad

Wii U: You have Mass Effect 3, with out all the add-ons from the last two Mass Effect games.
360/PS3: Their getting a Mass Effect Trilogly, later this year with all three games.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

yeah guys, if any of you think of getting into ME3 via the Wii U version...don't. ME2 wouldn't be nearly enjoyable for me if I never played 1 and I've heard that's equally as true for 3. It's really a series you need to play from the beginning in order to fully appreciate it.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Discostew

LordJumpMad wrote:

Wii U: You have Mass Effect 3, with out all the add-ons from the last two Mass Effect games.
360/PS3: Their getting a Mass Effect Trilogly, later this year with all three games.

Maybe if the original team was working with the newer tech instead of outsourcing the project to an off-the-wall group, then maybe they'd all get the same thing.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

The_Fox

BanjoThreeie wrote:

The_Fox wrote:

Comparable to a seven-year old console that'll be replaced in 1 or 2 years.

Yeah, but we've known for a while now that the next Xbox and PS system will almost certainly be more powerful than the Wii U. You have to keep your expectations realistic, right?

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

SubBronze

I have the PS3 version, so I have no real reason to get the Wii U version. I would only ever consider it if they bought Mass Effect 1 and 2 as downloadable games (with all DLC and Gamepad features included), and they make the Omega DLC and later DLC for the Wii U version.

Or better yet, give us the Mass Effect Trilogy Collection with all the DLC and Gamepad features for all of the games

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

BJQ1972

I think the thing about this that most people don't seem to taking into account is that the PS3 was about five years old when ME3 came out, and some of the ports were/are still inferior even though developers like Naughty Dog have shown just how powerful a machine it is. A port to the WiiU is superior to a PS3 version on release day - things can only improve as developers come to understand the architecture better.

BJQ1972

Nintendo Network ID: BJQ1972

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.