Forums

Topic: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - OT

Posts 121 to 140 of 249

Rexcalibr

Do you guys think there is a chance they'll release a Waluigi and Daisy amiibo? I doubt it but I hope they do.

I'm kind of excited for this game, but again I've never played a Mario Tennis game so it's new to me.

Rexcalibr

Anthracks

^Hope so. I really want a Waluigi amiibo. And Waluigi in Smash for that matter.

Anthracks

Mister_Wu

Ok, this is becoming unsettling. In Super Mario Sunshine Bowser Jr. had pretty much the full moveset of Mario, now he's always on the Junior Clown Car. What is happening to him? Let's hope that Nintendo at least uses this as an excuse to put him in Mario Kart 8!
Anyway, the Junior Clown Car creates variety so what is bad for the character can be quite good for the game at least...

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

Peek-a-boo

I don't know whether to cancel my pre-order or not after reading Nintendo World Report first play impressions:

Quickly after booting the game though, I just felt an immense amount of sadness. I am here to tell the tale about why Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash is not a good game.

The game has no support for lobbies or communities, which pretty much means that you can't play with friends. The only options on entering are Singles and Doubles. By selecting one of these, there are some limited stuff available before entering a match.

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash feels like a disappointment in every given way. With one stadium and limited online options, you already see how this game is shaping up. Then you also take into account the slight changes to the formula and how little everything in the game seems to matter. The game feels like a gap filler and not a great one. It fills the niche for a Mario sports title on Wii U, but it also feels like a fall from grace at the same time. Even when compared to Mario Tennis Open, Camelot wasn't inventive or creative with this one. That makes the situation so darn depressing.

The lack of online lobbies is the real downer for me. Why can't I play with (or against) my own friends?

Looks like the GameCube Mario Tennis continues to be the best one after all this time...

Peek-a-boo

Octane

Ithink I'll get the game if the price drops to somewhere around €30. It's a shame, because Nintendo can do definitely better than this.

Octane

Anthracks

I'm picking it up regardless, but it definitely looks like a bare bones release. I'm hoping Nintendo can really get it together next year. They have no choice, considering the strong line-up of Sony and Microsoft for 2016. Nintendo was my gaming platform of choice for 2014 and 2015, but it was in good part because of how weak the game lineups for Xbox One and Playstation 4 have been.

Anthracks

andykara2003

NintyMan wrote:

If there's a bunch of DLC for this game a few months from now, I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

I hope so too - Splatoon did that - came out lacking a little in content but was eventually fleshed out over time - so maybe there's some hope

Switch friend code : SW-2186-1426-3518

Nintendo Network ID: Andykara2003

Rexcalibr

Well I hope there is more the game I'm sure I'll still find it fun since I never played a Mario Tennis game but I tried to be hopeful to Mario Party 10 and I never play it at all. If Mario Tennis has online in some capacity, I might enjoy it.

Rexcalibr

SquidOrKid

@Rexcalibr: Yeah there is online it was mentioned in the overview trailer

SquidOrKid

OorWullie

It only having one stadium is the bit that bothers me.I'll be happy just playing randoms online and trying to improve my ranking but having to always play in the stadium will wear thin pretty quick.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Aozz101x

wow, that's really small for a Wii U game.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Smash_kirby

What if they are planning to do more with the game as a service model with this game as how they did Splatoon?

Smash_kirby

Doc_Brown

@Smash_kirby: I could see them doing new courts as DLC and maybe toss in one or two new lame characters like Pink Gold Peach or whatever. But it's almost impossible that they'll support it to the extent of Splatoon.

Doc_Brown

SuperAndrew2401

So Lets Talk The Characters OMG THERE BAD
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Toad
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Wario
Boswer
Waluigi
Rosalina
Boo
Toadette
Boswer Jr.
Dry Boswer
Sprinkle
Maybe Mii
That's 17, One more than Mario Tennis 64, The should add DLC for free like
Diddy Kong
Baby Mario
Para Trooopa
Shy Guy
Maybe Even Throwback Courts like
Yoshi and Baby Mario Court

SuperAndrew2401

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9770-7682 | Nintendo Network ID: andrewb | Twitter:

lightningbolt79

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Hoping they toss in a few courts or a new mode as dlc, but that's about it. This game was probably made to checkmark the family game for the holiday season.

I'll still buy it because I love Mario Tennis games, and the online mode has solidified my purchase.

I'm not really bothered about not having a lot of characters or the different court locations, but I think there should be more modes like an actual tournament mode and more mini games. Even if the mini games were from Mario Tennis Open ill be happy.

lightningbolt79

Nintendo_Ninja

I think they will definitely have some free court and character dlc, even if it is only a few things. Plus, that character roster is pretty solid imo.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Rexcalibr

SuperAndrew2401 wrote:

So Lets Talk The Characters OMG THERE BAD
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Toad
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Wario
Boswer
Waluigi
Rosalina
Boo
Toadette
Boswer Jr.
Dry Boswer
Sprinkle
Maybe Mii
That's 17, One more than Mario Tennis 64, The should add DLC for free like
Diddy Kong
Baby Mario
Para Trooopa
Shy Guy
Maybe Even Throwback Courts like
Yoshi and Baby Mario Court

Who's Sprinkle?

I know it's asking too much to have the Koopalings in the game but I wish they would at least put Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy and maybe Birdo.

I'm OK with the Miis not being in the game (I think they work better in their own games instead of being mixed in with Mario characters).

Do you guys think the game will allow people to pick the same character, like in Mario Kart 8?

EDIT - @ SuperAndrew2401

oh you must have been talking about the Sprixie Fairies from Super Mario 3D World. I forgot about them. Well one thing I read said it's only the green one, which would be weird if they only put that one in but not the others. I would think they would be a color pallet/costume swap on the same character slot.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

I am kind of disappointed that Bowser Jr. is in his clown kart.

Rexcalibr

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.