Forums

Topic: Mario Party 10 - OT

Posts 361 to 380 of 398

UGXwolf

DefHalan wrote:

Wii Remotes are used in other games making them more of a investment. Sure 4 of them might run you $100 but you won't just use them in Mario Party

According to Rex, that's all he's gonna use them for.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Rexcalibr

I think that's one of the biggest problems with this system.

I bought three Pro Controllers because they're good for Smash Bros and Mario Kart. Mind you, they aren't cheap by any means.

Why should I have to buy an entire other set of controllers to play a 4-player game of Mario Party or any other game? That's absolutely ridiculous. Which other system requires things like that from their consumer?

Would it have been impossible for them not to make… I don't know, all controllers compatible with their games? and I'm including regular Wii games.

Rexcalibr

UGXwolf

Rexcalibr wrote:

I think that's one of the biggest problems with this system.

I bought three Pro Controllers because they're good for Smash Bros and Mario Kart. Mind you, they aren't cheap by any means.

Why should I have to buy an entire other set of controllers to play a 4-player game of Mario Party or any other game? That's absolutely ridiculous. Which other system requires things like that from their consumer?

Would it have been impossible for them not to make… I don't know, all controllers compatible with their games? and I'm including regular Wii games.

Impossible? Theoretically, I don't think it would be impossible, but the amount of time and money they'd be sinking into a project of that scale would be ludicrous. You think software support is bad now, imagine when Nintendo has to sacrifice multiple teams to try and un-motion-ify motion-control games.

As for why MP10 doesn't, I thought it was pretty clear that the motion control not being available on the Pro Controller was the main reason. Though I suppose there are quite a number of mini-games that could have alternate controls, like repeatedly hitting A to run, instead of waggling the Wiimote. The problem that arises here is that you'd either have to scrap any game that can't be converted (which is a lot more than you might think), or you'd have to make them a separate category, which would spread the already-thin spread of mini-games even thinner. And considering the main market expected to pick up the Wii U was previous Wii owners, thinking that you'd already have four Wiimotes from previously owning a Wii doesn't seem very farfetched.

NinjaWaddleDee

Soooo is what is the consensus on this game? Is it good? Is it better than what has come before? I used to have all the Mario Parties, but I got rid of most of them and only kept MP6 for Gamecube. Is Mario Party 10 an improvement over MP6?

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

UGXwolf

IMO:

MP6>MP10>MP9

I think most people here will agree with me, but I obviously don't speak for everyone.

MegaMari0

I love Bowser party. Though I'm hoping for DLC to expand on the rather small library of bowser party games. Love being that jerk who screws with everyone's heads in my group when playing.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

UGXwolf

Pro tip for Bowsers everywhere: You can time the result in Bowser's Sinister Slots and ensure a jackpot whenever possible. You'll get 9 bullet bills in place of the usual 3.

DefHalan

Smash and Mario Kart also support Wii Remotes, which seems like Wii Remotes would have been a better investment.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Rexcalibr

DefHalan wrote:

Smash and Mario Kart also support Wii Remotes, which seems like Wii Remotes would have been a better investment.

…but they're horrible and just not practical for any game that isn't motion sensor.

Rexcalibr

UGXwolf

Only because we're so used to a different sort of controller. I never had any problems with the Wiimote, motion sensor or no. Truth be told, the standard controller actually only makes sense for FPSs, but it's versatile enough to work for nearly any genre of game.

DefHalan

Rexcalibr wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

…but they're horrible and just not practical for any game that isn't motion sensor.

So you went with a certain controller for its useability in 1 game (Smash) instead of versatility with the Wii remote. That was your choice. It would be like someone getting upset that they bought a Kinect now. Just because you spent money on it doesn't mean everything should be compatible with it. I have 4 Wii Remotes from my Wii days and I have bought a Wii U Pro Controller for certain games. All I am saying is just because you purchased a particular controller doesn't mean every game should use it, just like with Xbox's Kinect and Playstation's Move. Even the controllers that come with the system may not work with every game, that is something we have been dealing with since NES Zapper or Steering Wheel Controllers.

unrandomsam

There is no way I am getting 4 x what I have (Don't play multiplayer that much but I do want the best controller for each situation).

I have :
Gamepad / Wiiremote plus / 2 nunchucks (One permanently in the zapper) / Pro Controller / Classic Controller / Classic Controller Pro / Hori fightpad (GC Style plugs into wiiremote) / SNES Classic Controller.

I could use ones I connect to my 2 Wii's but they won't let me do a temporary sync. (So I won't be getting MP10).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

DefHalan

unrandomsam wrote:

There is no way I am getting 4 x what I have (Don't play multiplayer that much but I do want the best controller for each situation).

I have :
Gamepad / Wiiremote plus / 2 nunchucks (One permanently in the zapper) / Pro Controller / Classic Controller / Classic Controller Pro / Hori fightpad (GC Style plugs into wiiremote) / SNES Classic Controller.

I could use ones I connect to my 2 Wii's but they won't let me do a temporary sync. (So I won't be getting MP10).

What do you mean they won't let you do a temp sync? You just sync them to your Wii U then when you are done or want to use your Wii you just sync them to your Wii.

Rexcalibr

Raising this thread from the grave because I just bought it on digital download.

I only have one remote control so I'll have to buy three more (only have 3 of the pro controllers) and I know it probably isn't worth it but I really wanted to play this 4-player. May end up regretting this.

Rexcalibr

UGXwolf

Rexcalibr wrote:

Raising this thread from the grave because I just bought it on digital download.

I only have one remote control so I'll have to buy three more (only have 3 of the pro controllers) and I know it probably isn't worth it but I really wanted to play this 4-player. May end up regretting this.

In all honesty, I don't think this game justifies the price of four controllers, but that's your call.

KB90

Rexcalibr wrote:

Just over 7 quid each on Ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-WHITE-REMOTE-CONTROLLER-FOR-NIN...

KB90

Rexcalibr

Is there a difference between the Wii and Wii U versions of this controller? Would they work both just the same?

Rexcalibr

jariw

Rexcalibr wrote:

Is there a difference between the Wii and Wii U versions of this controller? Would they work both just the same?

There is no specific Wii U version of the Wiiremote. Make sure to get the Wiiremote Plus, and not the old one, though.

jariw

Rexcalibr

Well I bought a Wii Remote plus and borrowed two of the Wii remotes from my friend to play it four players with my cousins and uncle. They didn't like the game at all and wanted to quit not even half way into the game. lol

Rexcalibr

UGXwolf

Rexcalibr wrote:

Well I bought a Wii Remote plus and borrowed two of the Wii remotes from my friend to play it four players with my cousins and uncle. They didn't like the game at all and wanted to quit not even half way into the game. lol

Yeah, I'm inclined to put this in the Top 5 worst Mario Party games ever. Right alongside 9 and Advanced... And really, I think that's it. I'd even prefer Island Tour or DS to 10.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.