Forums

Topic: Mario Party 10 - OT

Posts 341 to 360 of 398

Hy8ogen

Was looking around in Amazon and came across the reviews for Mario Party 10. ALOT of the people who gave the game 1 star are complaining that the game requires the Wii motes and they don't have any.

Guys I facepalmed so hard I don't have a face anymore.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

NintendoFan64

Hy8ogen wrote:

Was looking around in Amazon and came across the reviews for Mario Party 10. ALOT of the people who gave the game 1 star are complaining that the game requires the Wii motes and they don't have any.

Really, internet?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Yoshi

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Really, internet?

Gee, that sure brings back memories of Skyward Sword.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

DefHalan

Yellowtails wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

To be fair, the Wii remotes are last generation, so the Wii remotes should just be an alternate controller to play the game with, not the ONLY controller that you can use for this game.

Well you can use the GamePad to play as Bowser in the Bowser Party... so there is that.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Grumblevolcano

brewsky wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

Hy8ogen wrote:

Really, internet?

Gee, that sure brings back memories of Skyward Sword.

I was one of those people that didn't realise you needed Wii Remote Plus for Skyward Sword only to find out on my birthday that it was unplayable. All that ended up happening though is I got the Wii Play Motion bundle with some of my birthday money so not all was lost.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

@YellowTails But the Wiimote is the standard controller for the Wii U. Not extras. And given that they are what most users have in the first place, there will have ti be motion control support. Being that there is motion control support, the game can only USE motion control controllers. If they had made the game supporting the Pro controller, te Wiimotes would be lacking in buttons to keep up. This makes it a choice: Wiimotes or Pro Controller, and since Most Wii U owners likely already have Wiimotes, that's the obvious option.

It honestly astounds me that people thought the day wouldn't come when a game didn't make sense for the extra controller so it only supported the standard.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Mikes

Flopsy86 wrote:

Don't let our comments put you off, it's hard to say whether one would enjoy the game or not.

If you like the Car mechanic then I'd recommend you buy this game because that aspect of the game has vastly improved over MP9.

Hy8ogen wrote:

@StaticWind MP10 is a great game. My wife and I enjoy it very much. The game feels very polished too. I think it depends how you look at the game. If you're looking for a party game to play with friends, this game is excellent. If you're trying to play this game alone, I would highly suggest looking elsewhere.

I've had it for about three days now, and I'm pleased to say I'm enjoying it! I mean, I've only played about 20 minigames and the first board, but things definitely feel a bit better. Luck feels a lot more prevalent this time. I somehow managed to lose half of my mini-stars on one dice roll. This should be a blast to play with friends.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

DefHalan

Yellowtails wrote:

@UGXwolf So the Pro Controller is considered a secondary controller to the Wii Remote?

Yes, is that weird?

UGXwolf

@YellowTails But the Wiimote was there first. Not to mention that two of the three main launch titles used Wiimotes and NOT Pro Controllers. And the third was both 3rd party and only used the Pro Controller if you wanted to play Multiplayer. The Pro Controller was made to give the 3rd Parties the option of using the Industry Standard controller, which Nintendo has notably only supported. Not featured.

Besides that, why do you think the Wii U includes Wiimote support in the first place? To save the previous Wii owners from having to buy four new controllers, thus returning to my point about (it'd be more ridiculous to expect everyone to buy four Pro Controllers for it instead of the four Wiimotes that, odds are, they already have.

Rexcalibr

Just one question. Why is Spike in this game?

Rexcalibr

UGXwolf

Rexcalibr wrote:

Just one question. Why is Spike in this game?

But two answers:
1) Your guess is as good as mine
2) Probably about the same reason any Mario enemy has ever been playable in Mario Party. Just that Spike is even less iconic.

Rexcalibr

It would have been nice if the roster was a little bigger. You know, I really want to get this game but it will cost me near 200$ since I don't have any wii remotes. I have three pro controllers that won't work with this game, so that'd mean I'd need to buy a bunch of wii remotes that I'm never going to use other than for playing this game.

Rexcalibr

UGXwolf

Rexcalibr wrote:

It would have been nice if the roster was a little bigger. You know, I really want to get this game but it will cost me near 200$ since I don't have any wii remotes. I have three pro controllers that won't work with this game, so that'd mean I'd need to buy a bunch of wii remotes that I'm never going to use other than for playing this game.

Eh. I could probably track down four good Wiimotes for less than $100 without too much trouble. Guess that's your loss.

Rexcalibr

lol my loss….

Is it still worth paying roughly $150 or so for a Mario Party game that got mediocre reviews? Again, I really do want the game but it's hard to justify paying that much, and the only time I'd really play it would be on rare occasions where I actually have 4 people to play with.

Rexcalibr

nintendork666

Rexcalibr wrote:

lol my loss….

Is it still worth paying roughly $150 or so for a Mario Party game that got mediocre reviews?

This game certainly isn't worth $150, though I strongly wish I could claim otherwise. I regret paying $60 for the bundle.

Considering how good MK8 and Smash are for local multiplayer, I don't see this bore-fest getting much play in the future with friends.

Just d/l Mario Party 2 on Wii-mode Virtual Console. You'll have a much grander time.

Edited on by nintendork666

nintendork666

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9002-5275 | Nintendo Network ID: Ndork666

Grumblevolcano

nintendork666 wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

lol my loss….

Is it still worth paying roughly $150 or so for a Mario Party game that got mediocre reviews?

This game certainly isn't worth $150, though I strongly wish I could claim otherwise. I regret paying $60 for the bundle.

Considering how good MK8 and Smash are for local multiplayer, I don't see this bore-fest getting much play in the future with friends.

Just d/l Mario Party 2 on Wii-mode Virtual Console. You'll have a much grander time.

Unless you don't have enough Classic controllers as that's the only supported controller.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

nintendork666 wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

lol my loss….

Doesn't actually solve his problem, as no Wiimotes means no Classic controllers. I was more pointing out that it sucks that people only want the industry standard controller, since the Wiimote can actually be pretty awesome in some contexts. I taught myself Brawl on Wiimote and Nunchuk and couldn't for the life of me understand why people considered that the worst control scheme. Still can't. GCN is better, but anything beats sideways Wiimote.

TeeJay

Pops into existance

EXCUUUUSE ME? I used the sideways wiimote exclusively in Brawl and kicked butt. >:[

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

UGXwolf

You can be good with any control scheme, but to my knowledge, sideways Wiimote is one of the few, if not the only one that actually doesn't have enough button inputs for all the things. (I count tap-jump as a jump button, so Wii-Nun doesn't fall into that category.)

DefHalan

Wii Remotes are used in other games making them more of a investment. Sure 4 of them might run you $100 but you won't just use them in Mario Party

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.