Forums

Topic: Mario Party 10 - OT

Posts 281 to 300 of 398

UGXwolf

I think the mini-game selection is kinda sad, though. Seems very sparse. But then maybe that's just me.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Pimmen

I'm really looking forward to it. It will be my first Mario Party since MP5. I wasn't going to buy it, but found a great deal for the amiibo bundled game I couldn't resist.

Pimmen

3DS Friend Code: 4398-9830-3316 | Nintendo Network ID: Kejsarn

Rexcalibr

I have mixed feelings about this game. On one hand, I love the concept of Mario Party but there are so many things telling me that I will regret buying this. No online mode… the horrible party bus concept is still there… the Bowser mode seems broken…

I find I have more reasons NOT to buy this than to get it. I may just skip out on this but I'll wait for the reviews I guess.

Rexcalibr

jariw

UGXwolf wrote:

I think the mini-game selection is kinda sad, though. Seems very sparse. But then maybe that's just me.

FWIW, this is the amount of mini games in the different Mario Party releases:

MP1: 50
MP2: 65
MP3: 71
MP4: 62
MP5: 75
MP6: 82
MP7: 88
MP8: 73
MP9: 82
MP10: "More than 70 new mini games" according to the UK "Get the party started!" trailer (Mariowiki currently lists 75 mini games + 4 bonus mini games)

jariw

UGXwolf

Rexcalibr wrote:

I have mixed feelings about this game. On one hand, I love the concept of Mario Party but there are so many things telling me that I will regret buying this. No online mode… the horrible party bus concept is still there… the Bowser mode seems broken...

-Online would be nearly useless in any Mario Party game. I don't know why anyone wants it.
-Amiibo Party doesn't have the party bus, and it's justified in Bowser Party.
-Bowser Party isn't really as one-sided as it may seem. Andre was playing against Normal computers (who played worse than Easy computers from the original trilogy) and of course Nintendo wants Bowser to look OP. That's the whole point of the mode. (Kinda reminds me of when the Little Mac trailer emerged and everyone was whining about how OP he looked... and now... yeah.)

I'm not saying your arguments don't have merit. Just that they're easily countered.

UGXwolf

jariw wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

FWIW, this is the amount of mini games in the different Mario Party releases:

MP1: 50
MP2: 65
MP3: 71
MP4: 62
MP5: 75
MP6: 82
MP7: 88
MP8: 73
MP9: 82
MP10: "More than 70 new mini games" according to the UK "Get the party started!" trailer (Mariowiki currently lists 75 mini games + 4 bonus mini games)

This is a wonderful point, and it further accentuates something I've been worried about for a while now. There ARE more mini-games, and I've been aware of that this whole time, so why does the selection seem weaker? Possibly because aside from FfA's, there are less mini-games PER CATEGORY than in most titles. Only ten in Bowser, Boss, 3v1, and 2v2 each. Only two Bowser Jr. Mini-games. And 33 FfA's. This would make a lot of sense, if you were expecting to do FfA's more than anything else, but aside from possibly Amiibo Party, there seems to be as high a chance of 3v1 as FFA. And Bowser Party, you're basically ONLY playing Bowser mini-games. So why aren't there more of those? 79 isn't a weak number of mini-games, so why does it still feel weak?

Here's what I think: They're over-complicating it. Why can't Bowser mini-games also be FfA's? Then just let a CPU control Bowser. Then focus on putting more of those resources into 2v2's and 3v1's so it doesn't feel like you're only playing one of three or four mini-games each time that comes up. Drop 15 FfA's and put that effort into five Bowser, 3v1, and 2v2 mini-games. Then you have the same number of FfA's and five more of of the other three categories. (Boss mini-games can't be helped--two bosses per board on five boards--and I'd prefer Bowser Jr. mini-games be removed as they appear... painfully easy.)

jariw

I played the MP10 demo in a store today. There were 4 Bowser mini games, and 4 regular mini games.

The CPU skill level on the Bowser mini games was set to something really low in that demo. Any human player would react better.

jariw

LegoNintendo12

Guys on the official website there is this greyed out tabbed called "Plan your Party" What is this exactly?

LegoNintendo12

suburban_sensei

Rexcalibr wrote:

I have mixed feelings about this game. On one hand, I love the concept of Mario Party but there are so many things telling me that I will regret buying this. No online mode… the horrible party bus concept is still there… the Bowser mode seems broken…

I find I have more reasons NOT to buy this than to get it. I may just skip out on this but I'll wait for the reviews I guess.

From what I have seen/read, you really got to have people to play this with. It seems like the solo gameplay on this Mario Party isn't too great. My wife and I are excited because after work its fun to wind down sometimes and play a fun game together, but without people to play with, you will just end up getting bored.

Has anybody seen the Super Mario amiibos? From what a guy at Gamestop was telling me (when I paid off my pre-order) was that they are a bit larger than the regular amiibos.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

Starburst

I went to target today and it was already on the shelves..its not supposed to be out tell the 20th in the US right?

Whats poppin

Switch Friend Code: SW-5982-6570-5215 | 3DS Friend Code: 3583-5718-9476 | My Nintendo: Neko | Nintendo Network ID: Nekokanane

Kami2Kami

Sorry guys, can't be bothered to trawl through 18 pages of comments but is there online play with this game?

Systems: Wii U, Wii, New 3DS Ambassador Edition, 2DS
Amiibo Collection: Villager, Rosalina, Zelda, Sheik, Toon Link, Link, Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, Pit, Shulk, Fox, Yoshi, Toad, Squid Inkling, Meta Knight, Ganondorf (pre-ordered), Yarn Yoshi (pre-ordered)

Nintendo Network ID: Kami2Kami

KB90

Had an Email that my game has been despatched and will be with me on Saturday. I'm so excited

KB90

Flopsy86

KB90 wrote:

Had an Email that my game has been despatched and will be with me on Saturday. I'm so excited

Ordered mine from Amazon and they say it should arrive on release day. It got dispatched today.

Mine is an amiibo bundle.

Flopsy86

Nintendo Network ID: Flopsy86

KB90

Flopsy86 wrote:

KB90 wrote:

Ordered mine from Amazon and they say it should arrive on release day. It got dispatched today.

Mine is an amiibo bundle.

Same here. I just looked at the tracking note.

KB90

KB90

I just got home from work and <drum roll> IT'S ARRIVED!!!!!

KB90

HawkeyeWii

Excited for this, but will probably wait for it to drop in price.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Towelie

Played a couple boards with my girlfriend, had a lot of fun so far.

Towelie

luisesteban

In MP10, you mostly play with Wiimotes, or you can use other controls?

luisesteban

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.