Forums

Topic: Mario Party 10 - OT

Posts 261 to 280 of 398

Flopsy86

The MP10 box looks big enough to contain the game case, one of the youtube videos above showed the game case and a Mario amiibo box coming together to form that bundle box.
I hope it comes with a case because otherwise it will be my only Mario Party without one (except N64 ones).

Couldn't comment on the Wii Party U case although strangely enough I got the game on it's own without the Wii remote and it says on the back of the game case that a Gamepad horizontal stand was included and it wasn't. It's like they took the case out of the bundle copies and just sold them on its own. It doesn't say anywhere on it that it's a bundle copy.

Bit bummed about the announcement of the Gold Mario amiibos in US aswell, would have liked one of them but I'm in the UK

Flopsy86

Nintendo Network ID: Flopsy86

Grumblevolcano

I'm wondering, does amiibo party literally end up being on the main menu even if you don't own an amiibo as that to me feels a bit invasive. Sure Mario Kart 8 has its amiibo section but it's accessed by pressing a button, not being a huge unselectable icon on the main menu.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Inkling

brewsky wrote:

My copy came with the case. It was literally the disc with no protection whatsoever? I would've took it back in a heartbeat.

Yup, exactly that. However, I didn't know, and the shop has a return guarantee, but only if it's unopened

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

LuigiTheGreenFire

I'm upset that this game does not support the Pro Controller. There is no logical reason that I can think of for why it won't.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

ReBirFh

ReBirFh wrote:

Did you guys notice the boards are segmented, I think we will be able to mix and match the amiibo boards depending on the ones we have.

called it!

ReBirFh

Rexcalibr

LuigiTheGreenFire wrote:

I'm upset that this game does not support the Pro Controller. There is no logical reason that I can think of for why it won't.

Wow, that's ridiculous if it's true. I was undecided on getting this game since it's not going to have online but I definitely won't be getting it if it doesn't support the Pro Controller. Those controllers are not cheap either so the fact that they wouldn't be supported is just bizarre.

Rexcalibr

Grumblevolcano

LuigiTheGreenFire wrote:

They're obviously going for the motion control minigame style of Mario Party 8 and 9.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@NintyMan The video you posted seems to have confirmed ingame achievements.

Grumblevolcano

Flopsy86

The challenge prompt in the video intrigued me, that is a welcome extra for me.

Obviously it must be because Mario did the minigame without hitting any urchins.

This game seems to be getting better and better every day that goes by. I'm sure the footage that waters this game down a bit is just around the corner though.

Flopsy86

Inkling

Link only as embedding doesn't seem to work

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Jacob717

Presumably, there were 39 turns, in which case this would probably be a boring mini-game. I think it should have stopped at 10 turns, so just go from 2 - 3 minutes. What do you think?

Jacob717

jariw

Dipper723 wrote:

Presumably, there were 39 turns, in which case this would probably be a boring mini-game. I think it should have stopped at 10 turns, so just go from 2 - 3 minutes. What do you think?

The video shows a bonus game, playing by standard Badminton scoring rules (using the new 21 points score format). It's not a mini game.

jariw

Grumblevolcano

So GameXplain just had their Mario Party 10 livestream and I'm still unsure about whether to buy or not. That said, given that there were some issues regarding my New 3DS XL purchase (regarding the trade-in), I could technically get it for free.

Grumblevolcano

MrWalkieTalkie

NintyMan wrote:

Not anything really new, other than characters like Waluigi and Daisy not getting their own amiibo and boards.
http://www.destructoid.com/behold-the-confirmed-amiibo-for-ma...

That's a bit upsetting. But who knows, they could always update it to support future amiibos.

If not, then I wonder how much longer til there will be amiibos of Waluigi, Daisy, etc. And for what game.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Flopsy86

Just a couple of videos I've seen in the past few days.

Part 1 and 2 of Spanish video gameplay on Chaos Castle (the Bowser board)

Spanish video gameplay on Mushroom park (the theme park map), Toadette features in this video.

French video gameplay on Haunted Trail

Spanish video gameplay of Bowser Party on Mushroom Park, Spike features in this video.

One thing I've found out about Bowser Party also is that you can only play it on 3 out of the 5 maps. Haunted Trail and the Sky Board cannot be played. Knew Bowser Party would get watered down somehow

At least Amiibo Party is still looking good for now

Flopsy86

larry_koopa

Wow. Just visiting this thread for the first time. What a great collection of information!! Thank everybody. Shout out to @NintyMan for confirming which amiibo can be used with the game. I've been wondering that for some time now

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

UGXwolf

NintyMan wrote:

Here are the confirmed amiibo (and boards) for amiibo Party.
http://www.destructoid.com//ul/288831-SSAAV1.jpg
Not anything really new, other than characters like Waluigi and Daisy not getting their own amiibo and boards.
http://www.destructoid.com/behold-the-confirmed-amiibo-for-ma...

I just want to point out that this doesn't CONFIRM that there won't be Waluigi, Daisy, Toadette, or snrk Spike... amiibos. Just that they aren't currently supported by the game. Odds are, this is because there are no CURRENT plans to release any such Amiibos, but that's not gonna stop them from doing so in Super Mario series 2 and then patching in support later. Another thing to note is that all of the Amiibos supported are confirmed, so maybe they DO plan to have those three (four) as amiibos and just haven't announced it. Also, I cannot decide wither to spell Amiibos with a capital A or not. XD

@larry_koopa Reading that article? Every single amiibo works for MP10. Just that a select few have more specific functionality while the rest just do a generic lotto thing.

ON AN UNRELATED NOTE: After watching GameXplain play MP10 for an hour... I'm still skeptical about this entry, but at least I can tell it's got great intentions. Amiibo Party will be the most interesting mode for me off the bat, but the lack of customizability in how the game plays (turns? mini-games? You mean I can only affect it by using my amiibos?) I still feel like the game's lack of complexity to the point of nearly playing itself is almost insulting, but again, it does look like they tried to bring back the strengths of the classic games without dropping their own unique direction.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Grumblevolcano

@UGXwolf From watching the stream I became more positive about the game, sure it's not fantastic compared to my favourites (2, 4, 5) but it does have some potential. I would've liked to have seen higher difficulty AI as Normal is way too easy but it is easy to miss the choice to change it. Also, the minigame situation for amiibo party you saw only occurs when Bowser is one of the characters, if 4 non-Bowser characters are chosen then it is varied like in Mario Party mode.

Grumblevolcano

Andyliini

So, I just caved in and bought this game. My girlfriend pestered me to get it, as she likes party-games. I also was able to find the amiibo-bundle quite cheap, so I thought why not.

Off to wait then.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

The 2nd GameXplain stream has me sold on Mario Party 10, getting it within a week of launch!

Grumblevolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.