Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 481 to 500 of 4,835

LzWinky

TeeJay wrote:

TylerTheCreator wrote:

I'm gonna make so many Super Mario World levels! That's my favorite 2-D Mario cause of the music, the vibrant graphics, awesome enemies & level design, and Yoshi! I'm really excited!

Omg this this this this this this so much this!!

Super Mario World is definitely the most visually appealing of all the 2D Mario games (that have pixel sprites) in my opinion. And the atmosphere is so lively and energetic, I love it~

Also, the physics in SMW are definitely the best IMO.

INFIDEL! Super Mario Bros 3 blows World out of the park! Well...at least it would if this game included all the bonuses

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Well, these are just assumptions, but: card games, matching games, hammer bros...basically anything that was on the world map.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

veeflames

I'll totally be making most of my stages based on the design of NSMBU. I fell in love with that style as soon as I saw it in all its HD glory.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

99mushrooms

Super Mario world is my favorite as well, I hope you get the little box at the top with a backup bonus item in it. I also wonder if you can go backwards in the nes levels

Edited on by 99mushrooms

Mario vs the corndog farmers 1
BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

Laying pipe for princess peach 2
37FD-0000-00F7-B212

The dangers of shell jumping 1
2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

Let me know what you think, I would love feedback and some stars i...

99mushrooms

It would be nice if you could have worlds to put your levels in, even if you just took the world layout from the older games and dropped your levels in. Maybe we will get world creator in the sequel If there is one. It would allow people to upload full games with more than ten levels bUT still not flood the online area with games because they would all be contained in one game. You could rate individual levels as well as full games. One thing that sucks about only doing individual levels is that it kind of takes the fun out of hidden areas with bonus life's, what's the point if you can't take them into the next level?

BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

37FD-0000-00F7-B212

2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

99mushrooms

As far as I can tell from the videos every level is individually making one ups and coins completly useless. Hopefully I am wrong and you can make level play lists or whatever you want to call them where that kind of stuff carries from one level to the next. If not online, at least for home play. One ups and coins are a huge part of mario I'd hate to see them rendered completly useless.

BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

37FD-0000-00F7-B212

2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

Ralizah

I liked SMW, but SMB3 will always be my favorite 2D Mario game. It's just such a masterpiece, and easily the best game on the NES.

I wish this game had a SML mode. It would be fun to create gameboy-esque levels.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Rexcalibr

It seems like the coins and 1ups are useless unless they stated otherwise. I'm guessing the next installment a few years from now will allow us to make entire worlds.

Rexcalibr

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah: I wouldn't be surprised if a 3DS version was made which featured SMB, SML, SML2 and NSMB2, maybe make the middle 2 available for the Wii U version if you own both like with Hyrule Warriors + Hyrule Warriors Legends. All the NSMB games are pretty much clones of each other anyway

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LavaTwilight

99mushrooms wrote:

As far as I can tell from the videos every level is individually making one ups and coins completly useless. Hopefully I am wrong and you can make level play lists or whatever you want to call them where that kind of stuff carries from one level to the next. If not online, at least for home play. One ups and coins are a huge part of mario I'd hate to see them rendered completly useless.

It's been confirmed you can create 'worlds', with 4 levels per world. But whether u can share whole world's or not I don't know. It should be possible, if not at launch then in a later update.

And in the SMB levels you can go backwards.

Mario Maker ID - 4XR BYS 5PF

My Nintendo: Mikee | Nintendo Network ID: LavaTwilight

Joeynator3000

Yeah, I'm hoping you'll be able to share a complete "game" instead of just individual levels. Because right now the 1 UPs are kinda pointless there, only thing they do now is just.........um....>_>
....Make you feel special?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DreamyViridi

It's not really about what 1-UPs do but rather what they are, they're a Mario staple. When you see one, you won't care about the "pointless" value they supposedly have, you'll go after them anyway. They also serve their purpose in the 10/100 Mario Challenges where lives are apparent and you can only collect three per level.

I still hope for Star Coins and checkpoints for Super Mario Maker. If the former's not there, I can see myself using amiibo as a alternative in a "Find ___" series of levels. I like all of the styles but I feel I'd end up using the SMB3 template the least.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

LzWinky

I don't think you will upload entire "games".

Jordan_SW

Still my most anticipated game of the year. Even more so that XCX.

I'm hoping there are still a couple of surprises left for us. I know this game is already packed, but it loses a bit of magic if you already know everything that's in store.

Jordan_SW

Twitter:

99mushrooms

Hopefully those word bubbles that people add to the game at any point in the level they want can be turned off, how annoying.

BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

37FD-0000-00F7-B212

2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

Dezzy

Oi 99mushrooms.

Why do you have my avatar on LSD? Or....mushrooms I guess.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

99mushrooms

I googled mario 99 mushrooms and this came up. I like it.

BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

37FD-0000-00F7-B212

2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

Joeynator3000

Oh yeah, just randomly started watching Automatic Mario videos again, really hope we can turn off just the music here so we can make our own Automatic Mario music videos here. xp

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Nintenbomba128

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xyvQQSbX5o
Someone make this stage or RIOT

Nintenbomba128

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.