Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 4,741 to 4,760 of 4,835

MasterHiggins

Cant we just resubmit the deleted levels. Seems like the game wont be getting further updates, maybe they are saving features we want for a future port.

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

Blue_Blur

Sorry it took a while, but I finally got around to playing the levels I said I would. So, feedback time!

@Bosh_Factory: I played your Race Against the Star level, and I really liked it! It was the perfect level of difficultly, and a very creative level idea. I didn't find anything bad about it. Starred it!

@edhe: I played a couple of your levels, and Thwomptopia was my favorite. The only thing I didn't like was the warp pipe on top of the house that led to instant death. Other than that, I really liked it! You used the thwomps in real interesting and creative ways. Most thwomp levels are boring because they just always have the players only run for their lives, but your level felt totally different from that. Jumping over them was creative, as well as the end part with the ice blocks closely between the thwomps. Honestly, I think it's one of the best levels I've played, so good job! You earned a star for sure!

@Ruben: I really liked your Mushrooms Everywhere level. I could tell you put a lot of work into it by how smooth the jumps were, etc. I thought the star part towards the end was pretty fun, especially with the Goombas. Overall great level; I gave it a star.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

crazycrazydave

I have a few Mario Maker levels that you may want to try out. Need stars badly, don't want any of my levels to be deleted.

Spooky House of Pillars - ​4E64-0000-0212-BC1F
Fish Supper - ​27EC-0000-0213-C75A
Angry Caterpillar Infestation - 35B5-0000-0214-59D9
Bowser's Chariot - 74C7-0000-0217-3B1C
Find Kuribo! - 550E-0000-0217-405E

I have uploaded as many levels as I can, would appreciate more people to play them as they seem to be not getting a lot of plays.

We're going on a bear hunt! We're going to catch a big one!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4881-6959
Super Mario Maker levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/crazycrazydave?type=posted

likandoo

Pacifist Level Design Contest Today!

likandoo

Bosh_Factory

@Blue_Blur: Thanks for your feedback for Race Against the Star, especially regarding its difficulty. The original version got a decent number of stars but only from people who finished it. I decided to update it to make it a bit easier, the idea being that if more people finish it then I'd get more stars, but now it gets fewer stars. I think I'll add more obstacles to slow down Mario while ensuring that the obstacles themselves are not hard. Ie, emphasise the race element without making it much harder.

@crazycrazydave: I've bookmarked your levels for a play later on.

My Switch friend code: SW-8246-4833-2898

Dreamliner

After playing MM for a couple hours I popped in MK8 and realized after a handful of online courses I was grinning the entire time...that's a sign...

I think I've decided to get rid of MM. It's too hard to find great levels and when given the choice, I'd rather simply play New Super Mario Bros Wii or WiiU.

I still wish Nintendo would simply release HD versions of all the SMB games, it's clearly possible.

Edited on by Dreamliner

Dreamliner

likandoo

Dreamliner wrote:

After playing MM for a couple hours I popped in MK8 and realized after a handful of online courses I was grinning the entire time...that's a sign...

I think I've decided to get rid of MM. It's too hard to find great levels and when given the choice, I'd rather simply play New Super Mario Bros Wii or WiiU.

I still wish Nintendo would simply release HD versions of all the SMB games, it's clearly possible.

I just came up with the 7th episode of my Videoseries with the best Mario Maker Levels of the Community!

Always 3 Levels get highlighted which makes already 21 mind blowing Levels!

You should check them out before you stop MarioMaker

likandoo

Dreamliner

@likandoo: Those are the definition of the ones I hate the most. Sure creativity points, but its NOTHING like Mario. I'm only interested in playing levels that feel like they could have been in a Mario game. I also don't mind the occasional fun levels, there was a Mario Kart homage level that was pretty fun.

When I look at the completion rate and it's like 1%...not interested.

Edited on by Dreamliner

Dreamliner

edhe

@Blue_Blur:

Thanks. As for that warp pipe bit, I try not to be unfair on my courses, and the destination of that pipe is clearly telegraphed when you enter the house by the door. I hope you saw a little humour in that bit though. You can see something similar near the beginning of the Thwomptropolis level (and people have died to it). I hope to make some more Thwomp centric levels eventually.

I've played a few of your levels, and I thought they were all well made. I like how in your course Sandcastle Siege, the challenges are divided up into rooms - often, levels like that are better to play than sprawling levels, where it's easy to get lost.

Hocus Pocus Imposters was well designed too. It got a bit hectic with all the Magikoopas, until I realised if you took a few seconds out to jump on them, the section with the moving platforms and boos was much easier.

Finally, with Shell Surfing, I wasn't aware of the ability for shells to let you swim like that, so that was something new for me. I found it quite tense, because while you gave out regulare power up mushrooms, I'd always lose them straight away. Some of those gaps were quite narrow.
Still, I was able to beat it.

@crazycrazydave

There were some good ideas on that Spooky House of Pillars level. I've known about how thwomps (and big thwomps) can punch through blocks, but using a spike pillar is a good idea because you don't need to be nearby for it to activate. The section didn't have as much urgency as I thought it might, but that was a particularly nice part. Dodging the intersecting pillars was also quite fun as well - perhaps you could make a follow up level.

I've added you to my in-game follow list, so I'll try out some of your other levels another time. They all look quite interesting.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

crazycrazydave

@edhe Thank you. I designed that level to not be particularly difficult overall. Maybe I gave a little too much time for it. And more stars means more levels for me to make.

We're going on a bear hunt! We're going to catch a big one!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4881-6959
Super Mario Maker levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/crazycrazydave?type=posted

Grumblevolcano

The next costume is BABYMETAL.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The next costume is BABYMETAL.

That's brilliantly stupid!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

alephbetnun

New level! Threw it together pretty quickly, hopefully it's decent! This one's a testing of your spring flinging skills...

Spring Fling
ID: 3ABA-0000-022E-57E5
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/3ABA-000...

Mario Kart Main: Mii (Mid-Weight) w/ Gold Kart, Gold Tires, MKTV Parafoil (VR: 3100+)
Smash Bros. Main: Olimar
Splatoon Main: Octobrush (Rank: S)
My Super Mario Maker Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/redneckgamer3826?type=posted

jelome1989

Hey guys, made a Kaizo Remix of CarlSagan42's AGDQ level:

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/7998-000...

So far no one has cleared it yet, with about 1,400 plays and 40 footprints. I also got permission from Carl to remix his level, he approved of it, so this level is perfectly legit.

Here is the completion video if you'd like to have a look at the level:

Exploring the 8F / WS M Key Item glitches! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgOOHeFHSv0

Luffymcduck

Now that it´s been revealed that NX´s and Zelda's launch is next March and Wii U doesn't have much announced games left, do you think that they´ll make more DLC for Super Mario Maker? Like new level themes and an option to create own maps and link levels together allowing people to create their own Mario games.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

likandoo

Live again on Twitch to Feedback your Levels!

likandoo

shani

Dreamliner wrote:

I think I've decided to get rid of MM. It's too hard to find great levels

Honestly, I can't remember the last time when I played a bad MM level, it has to be at least half a year ago. Since the bookmark platform came out, I only played levels from there, no other levels that the game itself suggests or the 100 Mario challenge. It's the best possible experience in my opinion. For me, that's way more interesting than any old or new Mario Bros. game, because I know all of those already and they can't give me anything new (not even in a new version), but the sheer wealth of great ideas in the bookmarked MM levels still amazes me every time.

@Bosh_Factory @Andu: @ivand88: @Freeon-Leon: @SLIGEACH_EIRE: @DarkAero: @jelome1989:
I just added a bunch of levels to my bookmarks, might've forgotten to mention someone though, lost track while bookmarking. ^^

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Luffymcduck

My favourite levels lately have been those that we´re promoted by Nintendolife. Those levels that we´re linked together as a game, like Mario Lost World and Super Mario Maker Bros. Nintendo has to make an update where we can create our own Mario games with world maps, gives more use for 1-ups and coins other than being useful in 100 Mario Challenge.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.