Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 4,701 to 4,720 of 4,835

shani

I just randomly discovered this level on the bookmark portal, has anyone seen something similar before? The whole level basically plays inside of the screen of a Wii U gamepad. Pretty ingenious idea. I'll try it now.

Untitled

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/F71F-000...

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

likandoo

Hey dizzy_boy,

Thanks for that but I only accept Levels directly in the twitch chat! Because I want to give the people live feedback on their levels!

I just went live and I will be live for the next 6+ hours:

likandoo

Rexcalibr

@likandoo:

These levels actually look pretty creative and interesting. I've almost given up on Mario Maker but I do enjoy watching videos of creative levels and just keeping up with the game in general.

Trust me though, if the Koopalings ever get released (which I doubt at this point if they've released obscure anime characters that not many people care about and Barbara the Bat and that annoying anime girl, I doubt the Koopalings will make it at this point.. which is depressing). They could have easily been a pallet swap for Bowser Jr.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

likandoo

@Rexcalibr
Thank you

And you should keep in mind that the main market of the game is japan so the anime stuff makes sense even though I also dont like it! But you always have to keep the avg consumer in mind!

I also started doing Short crisp Tutorials and Tips and Tricks for Super Mario Maker!

I hope you guys like it ;-=

likandoo

Rexcalibr

I know most of you guys are not fans of auto levels but I played a Kirby one that was actually really cool and entertaining to watch. I can only imagine how much work goes into making some of them.

Rexcalibr

Grumblevolcano

So today had a Super Mario Maker update, was the coins issue fixed?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I don't know but they removed a number of glitch tricks. What's the coin issue?

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Grumblevolcano

@SLIGEACH_EIRE: When you collect all the red coins after a checkpoint but die before reaching the door you respawn back at the checkpoint but without any red coins or the key.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@Grumblevolcano: Oh right. I thought you were talking about something to do with ordinary coins. No they haven't changed that issue with the red coins and checkpoint.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Bosh_Factory

Blue_Blur wrote:

Just uploaded my latest level: Sandcastle Siege! As always, feel free to leave honest feedback!

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/46AC-000...

At first I thought the level was as simple as it looked so it was great when going through the pipes took me to sub areas, more so that each sub-area held a pink coin. Collecting the coins and moving up the sand castle combined to give a good sense of progression. I've added this setup to my list of ideas to use.

My only criticism is that it was a bit easy. I still enjoyed it (and gave it a star), but I just wish that it had taken longer to beat. Progressively increasing the difficulty for each sub-area would further add to the sense of progression.

@likandoo: I like your SMM tips video. Another way to use the infinite checkpoint trick might be to have every sub-area exit pipe stacked on top of each other above a checkpoint flag in a small room, meaning the player will definitely trigger it each time they finish an area. The player then exits the small room with a single exit pipe to take them back to the hub where they drop onto the other ckeckpoint flag. I haven't tested this but I think it should work.

I'll watch your other SMM video and keep an eye on your channel.

My Switch friend code: SW-8246-4833-2898

likandoo

@Bosh-Factory

Thank you so much, I will upload 1 Highlight Video and 1 Tutorial Video every Week!

btw I am live again for the next 6 hours:

likandoo

edhe

Here are all the levels I've created so far. I've never actually shared them on the website outside of that Mario Maker service Nintendolife used to have.

Mount Koopa Foothills - EDCC-0000-012A-65A0
Untitled
The first of what was to be a series of levels. Not particularly difficult, although made before checkpoint flags were implemented.

Koopa Tower - AC75-0000-0178-3C64
Untitled
My second course, and the arguably the hardest one I've made. A lot of work went in to mirroring each tile to create the illusion that you're ascending a tower (although I could only do so much with the space), and I'm quite pleased with the airship section right at the end. I may make a dedicated airship level in the future.

The Longest Course in the World! - A74A-0000-0178-B7B9
Untitled
A joke level. I won't say too much about it. Actually quite easy - in fact, no skill required.

Thwomptopia - FF71-0000-018B-B0FA
Untitled
The first in a new series of courses that prominently feature the thwomp. Not overly difficult, with two routes to take. I messed up at the end with the 1-up mushrooms - they were only supposed to be obtainable via the lower route, but they are in range when you hit the goal.

Thwomptropolis - A8D9-0000-0203-6785
Untitled
The second Thwomp level. Made after the introduction of red coins and keys. A quick tip - there are two adjacent locked doors, and so two keys are required. One via red coins and the other via a trip up another tower. Based around the idea of an underground Thwomp city.

Valhalla & Fólkvangr - E222-0000-020C-0321
Untitled
I made this level spontaneously after I just happened to think about (and research) Valhalla. Valhalla being the place where Norse warriors go after they die. I then read there was a meadow that 50% others go, and worked that into it. There is only one way to beat the level though, and that is to go to Valhalla. Cavort at the base of the Læraðr. Meet Odin.

Tell me what you think of them. I'll check out some courses from the thread and do the same.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Blue_Blur

@Bosh_Factory: Thanks for always trying my levels! (and giving them stars) I appreciate it! I've bookmarked the last level of yours I haven't tried yet, so I'll try it out next time I turn on Super Mario Maker. And thanks for the honest feedback! I do tend to make my levels on the easy side, so I'll consider making my next one harder. And I'm glad you liked the moving up the sandcastle idea, feel free to use it in a future level!

@edhe: Your levels look fun as well! I've bookmarked a few of yours to try.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Dizzy_Boy

Anyone want to try my level. https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/0D42-000...
I've made this one depending on how you want to play it. You could take the easy way out and let it auto play, which is boring. Or, you could go across the top route if you wanna try a speed run. Then there's the hard route, going through all of the obsticles and projectiles in the lower routes.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

likandoo

I play and Feedback your Levels today live on stream!

Today the Topic is: Hard Levels Monday. This means I only accept levels with a clear rate of less then <5%

Have Fun guys!

likandoo

edhe

@Blue_Blur: You won't be saying that when you try some of them. I tried a few of your levels, and they're very imaginative - I'll give you a follow, and I'll play some of your other ones later. Coincidentally, one of your levels (the sandcastle one) made me realise how the alternate burners work - I didn't know you could make them alternate like that.

@dizzy_boy You have a lot of nice course too, so I'll follow you as well. My favourite was Block Rockin Beats.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Rexcalibr

So at this point, I'm getting convinced that there will be no more real big DLC or changes to the game. I hope I'm wrong on this but I was really hoping for the Koopalings or at least Boom Boom. I guess they're not necessary enough to the game's level designs to warrant being in the game.

Actually, they never really added new enemies or bosses to the game. Just changes to the game mechanics, items, checkpoints and costumes. Meh.... oh well. I guess I can't have everything I want.

Rexcalibr

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.