Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 4,581 to 4,600 of 4,835

kkslider5552000

So I decided to try to recreate the first 2 levels of semi-obscure N64 platformer Mischief Makers. Because I guess I was certain no one else is gonna!

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/20BA-000...

Parts of it are reasonably clever I think! (not 100% accurate recreation, because Mischief Makers lacks traditional enemies frequently)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Freeon-Leon

Finally made a "new" level!

Well, sort of, it's a revision of my previous level "Bowser's Frosty Fortress":

Here it is!. It can be a little hard, but I'm sure you'll have lots of fun. Also, as always, it's very speedrunnable.

Oh and I'll be posting a new level each week AND I'll be playing yours through the week.

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

DreamyViridi

I can't wait for the big update tomorrow! I pre-made 2 levels in preparation for the new Keys and Skewers. I used to use 1-UP Mushrooms as replacements for Star Coins but the new Key Coins may do a better job; they might give players better incentive to go for them.

It'd be cool if checkpoints saved the number of Key Coins a player got; though I can understand if that's not implemented.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

GIR

DreamyViridi wrote:

I can't wait for the big update tomorrow! I pre-made 2 levels in preparation for the new Keys and Skewers. I used to use 1-UP Mushrooms as replacements for Star Coins but the new Key Coins may do a better job; they might give players better incentive to go for them.

It'd be cool if checkpoints saved the number of Key Coins a player got; though I can understand if that's not implemented.

I too have levels ready to go, I think what I will do if keys and coins are not saved is put them after or accessible only after the last checkpoint. Probably the best solution.

GIR

DreamyViridi wrote:

I too have levels ready to go, I think what I will do if keys and coins are not saved is put them after or accessible only after the last checkpoint. Probably the best solution.

Grumblevolcano

Official trailer for tomorrow's update. Important new things include:
. Can have up to 8 keys in a level
. Can have up to 5 pink coins in main and sub areas.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DreamyViridi

@Chandlero, @GIR: I imagine that the checkpoints might save the key coin count and when play-testing the level to prove its upload-worthy; the game will act as if you didn't collect any.

Heh, that's the problem with making levels beforehand. You expect the new addition to function in some way without taking any other unexpected functions into account.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Chandlero

@DreamyViridi: With the new key mechanic it would be so cool having a overworld for your levels. Then you could have several exits in your level and people really would want to explore it. I still hope Nintendo will expand Mario Maker over the next months.

Edited on by Chandlero

DreamyViridi

@Chandlero: I'll agree to that. I hope Nintendo provides at least one more item-adding software update after this. Actually you reminded me of one thing that bugged me a bit when the game was first released. Why can't we have the goal in the sub-area?

Mario Maker Levels

Freeon-Leon

The pink coins look like a great way to sparse hidden items. Like, put 5 pink coins throughout your level and at the end put a door with a minigame where you can get some coins or 1-ups. I'll definitely use them in my next level

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

GIR

DreamyViridi wrote:

TeeJay

So what time will the update go live tomorrow?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Rexcalibr

The new updates look cool. Seems like you can finally make proper boss fights if you make the reward for beating them to get a key.

Rexcalibr

MasterWario

@Detective_TeeJay: No one's 100% sure when, but the Bookmark update is starting early this morning (So here's hoping soon!): https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_statu... .
The last major update came at 8pm EST.

@Rexcalibr: Yeah I feel like I won't realize that gravity of that until I see it live. Super exciting! The neat part is you can easily make custom bosses now, which is like, incredible.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.