Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 3,961 to 3,980 of 4,835

Chandlero

DreamyViridi wrote:

I played your level and really enjoyed it. However, I should say I enjoyed it until the last section. I guess the boss fight is not necessary and had some serious flaws. I didn't finish the level since I always died at this point. I guess you could improve this last part and would get a great level!
By the way: You can watch me playing the level here.

Edited on by Chandlero

SuperWiiU

Chandlero wrote:

@SuperWiiU: I played your level and you can watch it here. I really missed the point since I didn't know you had to collect all coins. I just played it the normal way and therefore it was very short. I will try again and beat this challenge

Yeah, it's very short and almost pointless if you don't know to collect the coins. At least you got the world record. Someone must've gotten the point of the level and/or just be really bad, because the level has only 3 finishes out of 25 tries!

Edited on by SuperWiiU

DreamyViridi

@Chandlero: Hmm, shouldn't have made the boss big now that I think about it. You think making it normal-size would reduce the flaws? I wanted something there but Jr. was too simple for my liking. I might delete the level so I can change that bit. No point having a version 2 when only the last bit is different.

EDIT: Yeah, after watching the video; I think I'll patch this level up. Thanks for the feedback and I'll provide a bookmark link to the improvement when it's done.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Chandlero

@99mushrooms: I played @Freeon-Leon's Donut touch it and it took the world record I don't think it is possible to beat the level under 20 seconds but perhaps someone can beat my time.

@DreamyViridi: You are welcome. You can upload the new version and delete the old version after a few days. I will play the new version of course

shadow-wolf

@Maxz: My level is now available on the Bookmarks website (https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/8A4F-0000-0149-3FC6), so please play it when you get a chance! I also bookmarked your level as well, I will play it soon!

shadow-wolf

Chandlero

@smm1: I played your level as you can see here. I had some really nice ideas but I think you overdid it. Too many enemies and Bowser Juniors that are not really needed. If you polish the level with regard to the enemies, you will get a nice level.
In my video I just showed the final try since I firstly tried to get all jumps in the beginning. I am aware that I skipped some parts of the levels but I am not really a fan of the bouncer and therefore I tried to skip some parts

Freeon-Leon

@Chandlero: How in earth did you beat MasterWario 's time?!

I'm curious, what's your best time? I can't see it yet.

Btw, I was seeing the number of plays of that level and it has grown a lot since the last time I played the game. I wonder if someone kinda important featured it in a video.

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Freeon-Leon

@Chandlero: Maybe it's because I'm using the bookmark site. I haven't been able to play it on my Wii U since a couple of days ago.

Btw, I haven't played your new levels so I'll make sure that's the first thing to do when I boot up the game!

Chandlero

@Freeon-Leon: Yes, on the boomark site I can't see it either. Maybe the server is slow today. Even the star I have given today are not listed there. Strange..

My record time 20.525 can you see here. But I must warn you: My new (world) record is now 15.589 with a new setup

Edited on by Chandlero

Freeon-Leon

@Chandlero: You used the warp pipe! Haha, I never thought about speedrunning it that way, but I guess it can save you some seconds. Good thing I made it possible to do that in a fast way

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Chandlero

@Freeon-Leon: Yes, you can save almost 5 seconds with that
However, in the normal way I couldn't improve my 20.525 time. I did different routes and ended always with this time in the end. The new route is funny and could be improved. I am waiting for a challenger

Edited on by Chandlero

SuperWiiU

Chandlero wrote:

@Freeon-Leon: Yes, on the boomark site I can't see it either. Maybe the server is slow today. Even the star I have given today are not listed there. Strange..

My record time 20.525 can you see here. But I must warn you: My new (world) record is now 15.589 with a new setup

I just tried it as well and matched your 15.589. Not sure if there's a chance to improve it by more than a few frames. I think I did improve your 20.525 time with the normal route.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Freeon-Leon

SuperWiiU wrote:

Chandlero wrote:

I just tried it as well and matched your 15.589. Not sure if there's a chance to improve it by more than a few frames. I think I did improve your 20.525 time with the normal route.

You guys make all the time I spend making that level feel less wasted. Thank you! :')

DreamyViridi

@Maxz: Hey, I noticed the feedback you gave on Miiverse and saw you beat my Wall Spin Jumps course. Thanks for playing my levels. I'm working on improving the end section of my latest level but I'll return the favour soon,

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Chandlero

@SuperWiiU: Nice I guess, we totally mastered Freeon-Leon's level

By the way: In spite of showing milliseconds, there is now way to improve a world record by just one millisecond. The unit in the game should be "frames" and therefore 1/60 seconds = 16,66.. ms ≈ 0.017 seconds.
In fact, Nintendo is slightly rounding the times:

MasterWario's record was 20:540
My record was 20:525

In fact, I was just one frame faster than MasterWario.

Edited on by Chandlero

Maxz

@DreamyViridi: That's no problem! I'm sorry to sound so down on it at the end! I actually really liked the idea of Bowser breaking down the wall the exit, but it just took me so long!

I liked a lot of the features in the wall jumping level (my favourite part was probably the final jump in which the pipe dropped the shell, which then acted as a spin platform for Mario bounce INTO the pipe from - I thought that was really clever and elegant), but it was quite long too, so I spent a fair bit of time wrestling with it.

So those are my personal impressions from those two levels. I know it's probably annoying having people say they'd like the levels to be shorter/ easier, but I think both levels were trimmed or tweaked a little bit, they'd be more likely to garner the stars that the time, effort and creativity that has gone into them deserve. I thought it was a bit sad that I was the first person to complete and/or star them, given how much had clearly gone into making them.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

SuperWiiU

Chandlero wrote:

@SuperWiiU: Nice I guess, we totally mastered Freeon-Leon's level

By the way: In spite of showing milliseconds, there is now way to improve a world record by just one millisecond. The unit in the game should be "frames" and therefore 1/60 seconds = 16,66.. ms ≈ 0.017 seconds.
In fact, Nintendo is slightly rounding the times:

MasterWario's record was 20:540
My record was 20:525

In fact, I was just one frame faster than MasterWario.

That's why I said frames too. I got a few 15.605's along with 589's, just one frame slower. I have to replay the level and check what my normal route record is.

EDITL: Nevermind the normal route, as I expected a few frames could be won and I just beat your record to a 15.555.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

AdamLikesNintend

@Chandlero:
@Freeon-Leon:

The bookmark site definitely has some lag. The in-game info lags sometimes too, maybe a few minutes, but the bookmark site can take much longer during busy times.

If you guys are looking to speed run some bigger courses that have a lot of different ways to cut the time, please check out my Watch for Shooting Stars courses! I think those would be perfect for competitive speed running. I would love to know the fastest possible time on them. I'm certain it is far less than the time everyone spends doing them now!

@99Mushrooms: When you quote something, you can actually delete the parts that don't apply to your post. Otherwise everyone mentioned in your quote, such as myself, gets a notice that you posted to us. Also, you can edit your posts when they are one after the other and make them into one post rather than having several in a row. These things aren't a big deal but I thought you might like to know.

Edited on by AdamLikesNintend

My Super Mario Maker Courses

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9395-3820 | Nintendo Network ID: adamlikesyou

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.