Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 3,841 to 3,860 of 4,835

99mushrooms

Thanks for the play and video, I will watch it as soon as I get home. That was originally the first jump in my level "the dangers of shell jumping 2" but it was harder than most of the other jumps in the level so I decided to make it it's own mini level. I am going to continue the series with a single jump challenge as a .5 between each full level.

Edited on by 99mushrooms

Mario vs the corndog farmers 1
BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

Laying pipe for princess peach 2
37FD-0000-00F7-B212

The dangers of shell jumping 1
2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

Let me know what you think, I would love feedback and some stars i...

99mushrooms

The first couple times that I saw more than one checkpoint I thought I imagined it but I know there are levels with mutiple checkpoints now. Yet when I make a level I can only add one. Am I missing something? Or am I just crazy in thinking I have seen more than one in a level?

BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

37FD-0000-00F7-B212

2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

DreamyViridi

I played a few levels here. Good stuff from the following:

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Chandlero

99mushrooms wrote:

The first couple times that I saw more than one checkpoint I thought I imagined it but I know there are levels with mutiple checkpoints now. Yet when I make a level I can only add one. Am I missing something? Or am I just crazy in thinking I have seen more than one in a level?

I thought you can add two check points for quite a while. Then yesterday I noticed this is further restricted: You can add ONE checkpoint in the overworld and ONE checkpoint in the underworld. Only in that case you can have two checkpoints.

99mushrooms

@Chandlero: ah, got it. I didn't pay attention to where they where just knew I had seen more than 1. Thanks!

BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

37FD-0000-00F7-B212

2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

Chandlero

@DreamyViridi: Thanks for playing my newest level. In return for your services, I played an old level of yours
It was very funny but I died a few times since I didn't pay enough attention. Normally, I am not a fan of auto scrollers but this one was very good! The platforms had the right speed and falling time and it was never unfair in spite of the bombs everywhere

DreamyViridi

@Chandlero: Hey, thanks! I'm happy you enjoyed it.
I made sure to test that platform part of the level many times to make sure it wasn't badly designed. I always aim for fair difficulty in my levels and I should be able to make more levels now with that star. ^^
Looks like you got all of the 1-ups too, even if you died on that run. For a second there, I thought the timer would get you when you were "taunting" Bowser. XD

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Xyphon22

I did end up picking this game up today. I haven't played it yet, but hope to tonight after the kids go to bed. I'm just wondering, starting this far into the DLC and updates and all the created levels, where would be the best place to begin? I'm honestly much more interested in playing rather than creating, but do I need to create to open things up, or can I jump into playing? And where would be the best place to start with that since there are now so many levels that there weren't when the game first came out? I've heard that this Panga guy makes levels that are pretty good for beginners (just kidding). Thanks for any advice.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Undead_terror

@Xyphon22: Well you just need to finish a level in the start, then you can play other levels, there is like 70 on disc levels that you can start and then you unlock 4 levels from the Nintendo World Championship 2015, I would recommend playing 10 Mario challenge until you beaten all the on disc levels, once that is done then you can play other official levels online by either playing event courses to unlock costumes or going on to the makers option and finding official ones, once you beaten whatever then you can go and beat 100 Mario challenges as much as you want as it's user made levels or just find user made levels by themselves, however you don't get rewarded with mushroom outfits.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

vinicity

I made a level which I think turned out pretty good. Check it out:

Edited on by vinicity

vinicity

99mushrooms

Chandlero wrote:

@99mushrooms: I played your One-Screen level and need 10 minutes to solve it. To be honest: I didn't know if I try it right until the end You can watch my video here.

@mrichston: This a great puzzle level! I didn't solve it, yet. But I will try again later and tell you about it

I finally got a chance to watch the video, by about 4 minutes right before you figured out how to do it you where really nailing the jumps and hitting each one. Without having to jump towards the wall (jumping over a gap or something) I find it easier to jump straight up and kick the shell into the wall and then move slightly towards it, it was interesting to see you doing it a little different than I do and jump towards the wall before you kick it. Thanks again for the video I enjoyed watching you play it. I also watched DreamyViridi's collapsing castle video and it looks like a fun level. I will have to play it when I get a chance.

Edited on by 99mushrooms

BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

37FD-0000-00F7-B212

2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

AndrewWeather

Try these 2 puzzle levels:

Find the Correct Pipe:
DA52-0000-011F-9026

Find the Correct Door and Pipe:
2FF5-0000-011F-9784

Edited on by AndrewWeather

Nintendo Gamer since 2002
Favorite Games: Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Splatoon, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 64, Mario Party 10

Nintendo Network ID: AndrewIdaho

veeflames

My third stage... Nothing too special, to be honest. However, I'm planning on making a sequel, so stay tuned!

@DreamyViridi @Blue_Blur @99mushrooms Thanks very much for playing my stage and I'm very glad you liked them. I also played some of BlueBlur's levels and I must say; color me impressed with your stage designs! I look forward to playing more of your levels!
To 99mushrooms, yeah there is an emphasis on exploring the stage but I didn't really expect players to go jump in the first hole they encounter in the name of exploring. I'd imagine they go down when they see the elevators or the Para Troopers as that's what they're there for. Regardless, thanks for the feedback and I'll be sure to consider it as I'm making other stages.
On another note, I just unlocked the doors, but I have a question: Is there anyway to use a limitless amount of door pairs? I was making a puzzle stage centered around doors, but I found out you can only use 3 or 4 pairs of doors in the stage. Disappointing, to say the least.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

99mushrooms

Yea, there is a limit on everything. No way around it. I have hit the door limit myself.

BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

37FD-0000-00F7-B212

2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

Blue_Blur

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

@DreamyViridi @Blue_Blur @99mushrooms Thanks very much for playing my stage and I'm very glad you liked them. I also played some of BlueBlur's levels and I must say; color me impressed with your stage designs! II look forward to playing more of your levels!

Thanks! I'll play more levels later and provide feedback once again. I should probably just use this thread since this seems like the more popular one for level sharing, even though it's not the level sharing thread.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.