Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 3,801 to 3,820 of 4,835

luigio17

Someone is shamelessly copying levels and uploading them. Look at these two levels and see for yourself. I just want more people to be aware that this is happening. You can clearly see which level came first. Please beware of this person. Do not play anymore of their levels.

My Original: 7ACB-0000-0106-B026

The Blatant Copy: 269E-0000-0108-FA93

luigio17

veeflames

Here's another stage I made... I really need to get my complete set of tools!

Not so difficult, but I warn you: this stage is quick to punish. Take it slow and steady!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Maxz

@luigio17: I've left a message on her most recent post (https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAACHVRTtySYF3w).

I'm fairly sure what I've said is grammatically sound and clear in meaning (though potentially a little stiff and formal). If you'd like to post yourself, you could write, " 私のコースを盗作しないで下さい " ("Please don't plagiarise my course/s"), along with whatever you'd like to say in English. Or, you could just use all English if you prefer, but given that she might deliberately be stealing non-Japanese courses to mask her actions, I think it would be good to communicate directly. It might also make some of her Japanese followers aware of what she's doing, which would be worth something. They would be able to play the courses and see for themselves, and I think it would be good to alert people outside the Anglosphere.

So long as everyone stays polite and civil, it should be possible to make the situation more apparent, even if her courses aren't actually taken down. It's a real shame, this whole thing.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

luigio17

@Maxz: Yeah, all I did was put my level name and code and asked them if it was familiar. Not at all threatening, just a genuine question. Maybe your approach will be better.

luigio17

Maxz

@luigio17: I don't think mine will be any better. I think the only reason it hasn't been deleted is simply because she hasn't seen it yet. However, we shall see. At least two voices apply more pressure than one, and maybe a few other people will see the comment before it is inevitably 'Deleted By Original Poster'.

What interests me is, even though it's POSSIBLE to download a level without it registering, how would she know that the level was actually worth downloading in the first place? Surely she doesn't just download every level she finds in the hope it will be worth stealing - it would be too laborious. Does your level have some existing exposure that would make it attractive? Does it have a reasonably high number of stars already, or has it been streamed somewhere? There may even be the possibility of her having two accounts, although I assume that would require two Wii Us? If your level has been played by a Japanese account that has a suspicious correlation to her levels, then that would be interesting. Do you have any theories?

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

luigio17

@Maxz: If you play a level without starting over, dying, or beating that level and then quit the level, you won't show up on the list. Before this happened, I had played a lot of her levels and I even starred one of them. My guess is she saw the star, checked out my profile, and saw that I had a single screen level (it is my most recent level), and decided to check it out. After looking at it, she probably quit and then downloaded it. In order to make a level she could upload herself, she probably took a picture of my level and then recreated it. Really a pathetic process just for more stars.

luigio17

j-BL00D

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆C O N T E S T🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Does spinning on Spike Tops while dodging baddies, spikes and a storm of bullets sound like fun to you? Ya, I thought as much 😂 This is one of my most difficult levels I've created. It does NOT have any hidden blocks, trap doors, shortcuts and no power-ups. However, it will require a ton of skill, patience, determination and some serious spinning skills. 😉 Because of its design, no 2 plays will be exactly the same. Oh did I mention you have 100 seconds to complete it.
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

❗❗❗❗❗❗R U L E S ❗❗❗❗❗❗
1) You need to clear as SUPER Mario (big Mario)
2) You need to clear WITH the Koopa Clown Car
3) Once you clear, you must COMMENT "Spike Top Spinning Skies Champion" with your screenshot.
The first to complete this task will be declared the winner. The winner of this contest will receive a 30th Anniversary Mario Amiibo!

Best of luck to all contestants! 👍

UPDATE: Contest winner is Aaron Jackson of Virginia, USA. Congrats!!!!

Edited on by j-BL00D

My Super Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Nintendo Network ID: Justin
[url=https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCcV3...

JCnator

How is that telling what enemies the giant Stiletto can defeat considered as spoiler material? Apparently, someone in Miiverse thinks that way, yet is perfectly fine with the rest of the information about the shoes. Here's the entire Miiverse discussion for more context.

I don't quite have a clue on why this one in particular is worthy of spoiler, but I'm well aware that revealing important plot points and providing advice that'll guarantee you a win are indeed spoiler, which some people might not necessairly want to see them. It's simply that there is a very fine line between not-spoiler and spoiler territory, which isn't exactly easy to figure out at times when users could interpret spoilers very loosely, especially in Miiverse.

The thing is, there are levels that rely on defeating certain enemies with a giant Stiletto for completion and many people haven't figured out they could, so they can't appreciate said level because they couldn't beat it for the very reason. Does "spoiling" about that bit of information about the giant Stiletto shoes really ruin that much of enjoyment, or is it most likely the fault of the reporting Miiverse user? I'd like to shed some light about how spoilery that information really is.

Debatable spoiler aside, here's a shameless attempt on getting one of my levels a well-deserved exposure, open for constructive criticism. This one shouldn't be too much of a challenge for anyone who at least master the very rudiments of a platforming game and properly understand the concept of staying and jumping out of the fast snake block whenever needed, unless they take on the alternate routes.

Edited on by JCnator

JCnator

chvage

Here are my two most recent levels... Hope some of you will enjoy them!

Mario and the Temple of Boom: 54F2-0000-00F9-50D5 (medium)

Mine Your Own Business: E6FD-0000-011A-A213 (medium)

Edited on by chvage

chvage

JCnator

@Chandlero: Yeah, I figured out I went a bit overboard with powerups to appeal to the lesser skilled players. While it does ruin a bit of the sense of danger, it does somewhat alleviates the problem of player falling off and starting said section over without necessairly losing a life due of the level being forgiving. That is assuming if the player redo the section well-enough and reaches the next powerup. At least, it doesn't completely skip the entire level, since the first Cape Feather appears a bit after introducing the concept. Part of the level design decision was partially caused by how brutally difficult the previous version of that level apparently was

When I first uploaded that version of the level, it was definitely much tougher to the point of its difficulty being tagged as Expert. Earlier in this stage, there is a very noticeable difficulty spike, while everything else after the second snake block section was much easier in comparison.
Not only it had less powerups overall, but there were also fewer safe platforms and you would have to jump on the falling plaftorms to catch up with the snake block. There's one instance in the first snake block ride where it turns a bit sharper at the first turn and have to jump right from the tail end to its head, or else they would be forced to use the reset door to try the section again. Even the Grinders were so close it requires quick reflexes and precision-jumping, which many players aren't exactly fond of and the Super Mario Maker engine isn't specifically designed for being great at handling precision movement. I believe I got so great at handling precision jumps (not frame-perfect, but still) that I forgot that a lot players wouldn't be able to pull off that much of accuracy.
One player also managed to find a quirk in my stage that insta-kill Mario, which I did fix in the subarea before uploading the level but I somehow forgot to do the same for the main area. When the snake block goes through the wall, I had to make sure there's no diagonal track right before it passes through the solid ground, so the players won't accidentally lose a life there by waiting.

Ironically, I had the same uneven difficulty spike situation on my level called "Those Twisted Plants EVERYWHERE!". It was originally sent to the Super Beard Bros. channel, but they haven't played it because they had so many levels to go through with little time. In this level, spin jumping on Piranha Plants is where is at, along with some tricky maneuvers. The first version had the difficulty spikes a bit too early where it was supposed to introduce the spin jumping mechanic and the high level of precision there was too much to handle, compared to the rest of the level. Spin jumping on a square-wide enemy is inherently difficult to consistently pull off to many players. That took me by shock when I first realized that, as I was being too great at spin jumping. While the old version of that stage is still uploaded for reference, I brought the newer updated version that won't require precision spin jumping on a tiny enemy with the exception of the alternate route leading to the bonus room, made the stage prettier to look at, made sure the level properly introduce the spin jumping mechanic, added two checkpoints, thrown some shortcuts in it and significantly balanced the overall difficulty curve. It's still challenging, but it's less demanding and isn't too difficult to figure out what to do, therefore feeling more surmontable and enjoyable than the previous version.

JCnator

Chandlero

@chvage: I played Mario and the Temple of Boom as you can watch here:

A very nice looking level. It was fun to explore your world. At first I skipped a underground part and then I was lost for some time. I stupidly ran and jumped back and forth. I don't know if that was intended but I didn't like it
This is a good level and it is not too easy.

Joeynator3000

Heh, this game is getting a Felyne costume. owo

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Chandlero

@j-BL00D: I made a video of one of your levels: here. I find your levels very challenging and there are a lot of good ideas in those. However, they are simply too hard for me. I don't feel like dying in the first seconds of the level. At some points you need a hard trick to finish the level but if you don't get the trick right, you will die. There are a lot of people who love this kind of challenge but I am more for hard levels that also forgive some bad jumps or bad executed tricks. I guess, I didn't finish any of your levels. Nevertheless, I uploaded my attempt above.

Edited on by Chandlero

j-BL00D

@Chandlero: You were sooooo close!!! I was rooting for you!! I really thought you had it.
There is 2 ways to clear that last room and the ending it right after

1) Get the feather, Take the P-switch, jump back over the wall, get the star, run through the flames to the end, hit the P-switch, fly through the pipe and the ending is there.

2) After you get the feather, P-Switch and star, fly back up to the top of the flame wall and run to the end, hit the P-switch and run on the belt and fly to the pipe. The End.

Ya the beginning is a little tough. I put it at the start because I think it tells players right away (even before attempting) if they like this level is difficulty. Ya some of my levels are a little relentless. From the description of the type of gameplay you like, it sounds like my "Climbing Mount Kilimario SMBU" level is probably more up your alley.

Thank you again for giving my level a good go and the video!

Edited on by j-BL00D

My Super Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Nintendo Network ID: Justin
[url=https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCcV3...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.