Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 3,101 to 3,120 of 4,835

SuperWiiU

Blue_Blur wrote:

Pahvi wrote:

Out of curiosity... I've seen the difficulty labels people place on their levels to occasionally be pretty off from what I'd give them.

I've noticed this too...
The one thing I don't like about setting the difficulty on this site is that auto-scrolling counts as it's own category. I wish you could choose auto-scrolling, and then pick the difficulty. I think auto-scrolling is a part of the level, not a difficulty. An auto-scrolling level could be one of the easiest levels you've ever played, or one of the hardest... until you play that particular level, there is no way of knowing the actual difficulty. Being able to select the difficulty with auto-scroll would fix this problem, and maybe clear up some of the difficulty labels.

I think the auto-scrolling label is for the don't move levels, not just any level with scrolling enabled. But it is confusingly named in any case.

AlexSora89

@aKa
"If I saw Saw"? I bet that title comes from Waxonator's Gaston Youtube Poops.

I don't quite have lots o' loot, because I'm from the Boot.

https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/AlexSora89
(Currently seeking Stars.)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6287-1558 | Nintendo Network ID: AlexSora89

jamesRainbowBoy

Here is one of my new levels:

The front door works too

And here are a few more:

Edited on by jamesRainbowBoy

jamesRainbowBoy

spizzamarozzi

@OorWullie: just beaten "My Shell, Ma Belle" and while I really REALLY liked it and think SMB3 and shells go tres bien ensemble, a few bits got the best of me, especially figuring out what to do once you get the leaf.
Luckly I am a super genius and remembered that you have a bridge with four blocks ready to be smashed. But that took all of my brainpower. Lovely level, very complex - not for the faint hearted though.

My latest level "The Abandoned Bell Tower" is still up and awaiting challengers - 1A9B-0000-00AA-5695
More than the stars, I'd like to know if the illusion of "climbing a tower" works for people or only works for me because in my mind I know what I was trying to do.

On a separate note, has anyone had any of their levels played by someone from NintendoLife?!
They said they were going to do a "showcase" video of the community levels.
I haven't had any of my levels played yet.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

aKa

@AlexSora89: Well, it's "If I Say Saw" to be correct. It is indeed a mediocre pun, but the Mario games are full of those so it felt perfectly adequate to me.

Never heard of Waxonator's Gaston before you mentioned it, so all the credit goes to me. I'd rather see people commenting my course rather that its title though. A little reminder for those interested : 743A-0000-00B5-B7E8

Edited on by aKa

aKa

SuperWiiU

spizzamarozzi wrote:

@OorWullie: just beaten "My Shell, Ma Belle" and while I really REALLY liked it and think SMB3 and shells go tres bien ensemble, a few bits got the best of me, especially figuring out what to do once you get the leaf.
Luckly I am a super genius and remembered that you have a bridge with four blocks ready to be smashed. But that took all of my brainpower. Lovely level, very complex - not for the faint hearted though.

My latest level "The Abandoned Bell Tower" is still up and awaiting challengers - 1A9B-0000-00AA-5695
More than the stars, I'd like to know if the illusion of "climbing a tower" works for people or only works for me because in my mind I know what I was trying to do.

On a separate note, has anyone had any of their levels played by someone from NintendoLife?!
They said they were going to do a "showcase" video of the community levels.
I haven't had any of my levels played yet.

I tried your level and it does feel like you're climbing a tower, except when you go through a pipe it feels like you're suddenly in a complete different tower and the end of the level feels like you're in the catacombs instead of the top of the tower.

I don't think I've had someone from NL play any of my levels, but I'm not sure I'd recognise them or even notice. When it says 3 people played my level I don't go checking who. I'll only do that for stars and reactions.

Chandlero

Hello everyone,

finally I had a visit from my brother and could examine how my level is played by a real and good player. That was quite a experience. There are problems and trains of thoughts I never dreamed of. I really recommend this live testing of your own levels. Unfortunately, I don't have visits so often and my wife is not a real Mario player (my levels are too hard). Therefore a youtube video like I have often seen here is a good compromise.

Or in short: After seeing my brother playing my level, I could really remove some minor issues and bugs. Here is the new version

Edited on by Chandlero

retropunky

Could anyone remind me, how to embed the Mario Maker page to show my level? I must be doing something wrong >_<

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Mk_II

Shortest level ever?

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

alephbetnun

@DanoLefourbe: My bad! I took a look at it via downloading and you're totally right. The giant winged Chain Chomp combined with the darkening Bowser sound effect was altogether a little overwhelming; plus I had very little time left so I had to rush through it and I got hit head on. Totally mistook the situation, especially since you get a freebie power-up there at the end, I thought that it was there so you could take that hit. Sorry again!

Mario Kart Main: Mii (Mid-Weight) w/ Gold Kart, Gold Tires, MKTV Parafoil (VR: 3100+)
Smash Bros. Main: Olimar
Splatoon Main: Octobrush (Rank: S)
My Super Mario Maker Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/redneckgamer3826?type=posted

MrPanda

This is my latest level, if someone would like to try it please!

More levels are on my page: https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/MrPanda

Thanks! Please star if you like!

Mr.Panda's Video Game Reviews
Pandas at Play - My YouTube Channel
My Switch Friend Code: SW-3611-4684-6706

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8799-3706 | Nintendo Network ID: Mr.Panda | Twitter:

sjmartin

I get back from vacation, and immediately get the flu. While I was recuperating, I created this level. I hope you enjoy it!

Mario Maker 2 ID: WKV-KWN-KMF
Luigi’s Twisting Ghost House - QHF-4Q9-3SF
MarioKart Fun-Time Drive - 5MY-7TR-HRG
Toadette’s Speedrun Sprint - 6W1-F24-6FF
Bowser’s Boss Fight Bonanza - 5S2-8WF-5KF
Captain Toad's Adventure - V6G-R6L-8RF
NNID: SJMartin

Twitter:

Mustaviini

So i just joined here and I´ll post the levels from the "game" I´m making. The name?

Super Mario GREAT Adventure.

These are the levels up to World 4.

World 5 is 1/4 done and I´ll post it if I get more room for uploads along with World 6.

I´d love if you comment these levels and give some great constructive critisism so that I could improve these levels and spot any faults. I want to get better at making these so I really appreciate if you leave a star if the level is to you liking even if you don´t manage to complete it. I will try to check out other makers levels too and comment those so we can get this ball rolling.
Thank you very much and enjoy!!!

Mustaviini

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.