Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 3,041 to 3,060 of 4,835

LinkSword

PracticePixie wrote:

@LinkSword: Took me like a half an hour to get as far as I did, but I couldn't figure out how to get over the lava bits so I threw in the towel lol

Nice one if you feel like punishing yourself a little but I found the game registering wall jumps and butt stomps way more than I would have liked :/ The NSMB set made it less fun for me

Hey, thank you for trying it out. The secret to the lava bit in the first section of the level is to get as much momentum from running down the ''stairs'' as you can, then crouch and jump to get inside the narrow path.

Also, if you guys feel like taking a peek, a good friend of mine has been trying to beat this for hours now on livestream. He's made it as far as the eighth section so far - out of ten - which is really awesome.

Thanks again, Pixie. I'll try out your levels as soon as I can.

LinkSword

Captain05crunch

Hey guys, I recently decided to fix an issue that a lot of people were having with my Mushroom Jungle course which made it quite difficult. I have fixed it and re-uploaded. Feel free to try it out if you haven't already. Thanks!

Captain05crunch

PracticePixie

@LinkSword: Oh no no I got the first section It's when the lava comes up later and it's like...two blocks wide with a little bump over it? I couldn't figure that part out lol xD There's a screenshot in the miiverse comment ^_^

EDIT: Cheers for trying my levels though I doubt you'll have any kind of problem with any of them but I try to be inventive x3

Edited on by PracticePixie

Some of my favorites, please try them :D

We Need Your Help, Star Fox! (Easy)
[url=https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/levels/3A22-0000-00AA-EB8D]Escape From Cursed Koopa Castle 1.1(Mediu...

Nintendo Network ID: Ghostlily | Twitter:

spizzamarozzi

New level:

This time I wanted to make a vertical level, despite SMM not having an option for vertical scrolling. So the first challenge was to give the impression you are going upwards while in reality you aren't, and I tried to do that by repeating the same section over and over, making sure that tops and bottoms looked alike, and using pipes and sub-areas for the transitions.
Unfortunately, the vertical scrolling in SMM is not only limited to a small vertical area, but doesn't work as well as the horizontal scrolling. While in horizontal you can see approx. 12 blocks ahead of you, in vertical you can see much less - which makes setting vertical traps nearly useless because...you can't see much of what's above you.
There is a trap which required an insane amount of destroyable blocks - and these blocks are counted as enemies by the CPU, so because of this I had to work with limited elements and some bits are not as rich as I wanted them to be - but I didn't want to scrap that trap because I really really like it and I'm sure you will too.
So, the end result is not as I envisioned it in the beginning but it's an interesting level and sure an idea that I will tackle again once I figure out a few things. Please give it a try and let me know what you think.

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

DanoLefourbe

@PracticePixie: I played quite a lot of your levels and loved them all. You are very creative and I will follow you from now on.

The levels I loved the most (names might be somewhat wrong):

• Cursed koopa castle: great setting, very well built level. Overall awesome design with a lot of space to move without feeling empty. The multiple paths are very smart and I really loved that mistake put you on a different track instead of killing you. The most satisfying of your levels.
  • Fox's big adventure has really good platforming. I reckon this is one of your earlier levels, but it still feels great. Everything is where it needs to be and the level is very pleasant.
  • Luigi's very bad day. A bit short I think. But the setting is super fun, and I loved that even troll blocks don't kill you or spawn 5 bowsers with rail-guns, but just put you in a pinch. The first time getting teased by a maker feels good. Props for that because until now I thought troll block were always a bad design element.
  • Gotta speed. Damn, so short. The rythm is great. The use of a bo-bomb to simulate the standing start is a very cute and effective idea.
  • Mission complete: a cute musical level. I hate auto-completes but I like musical ones.
  • Waluigi train and mole people stuff-thing: Great level and good design overall. Bonus point for the room with the P-switch and the mole army invading the room, it was extremely fun.
  • Endure! I fell in love after 2 seconds when I understood the concept behind the level. I loved it even more as it started to evolve. This is insane. I usually hate levels that cut you from a part of the screen. But this one is really well made and balanced.
    Awesome.

Here are three of my levels I made you may enjoy, if you have the time:
"I'll Show them" / "The Old World" / "Wario's Fitness Run"
Link in my signature, as not to spam with levels I already posted.

P.S: your level titles are pretty good too, I ruined them because I'm too lazy to write them down properly. So, no offense intended.

Edited on by DanoLefourbe

All my levels

Nintendo Network ID: DanoLefourbe

PracticePixie

@DanoLefourbe: I am overwhelmed by your positivity <3 Thank you so much, I am so glad you enjoyed my stuff ^_^
You're right about Fox's Big Adventure being early. I made it the same day I got the game (thanks to some Wii U clock manipulation) ^^ I'm probably going to remake it soon~

Pardon me while I nip off to try yours...

[Resuming Post After Some Playtime ]

Okay Wario's Fitness Run is probably my new favorite level xD I am a HUGE fan of the WarioWare games and you really captured the essence of them except with iconic Mario challenges. It's insanely clever and my only complaint is that you thought of it before I did ^~

I'll Show Them just...well I hope you like my drawing of Grand Admiral Slippy on his flagship, The Bloody Vengeance. Really I was doing imperious, commanding Slippy voices the whole time I was playing. I'm not even kidding.

And then you made me play a water level you monster D: (Although it is a beautiful one <3)

[url=https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/levels/3A22-0000-00AA-EB8D]Escape From Cursed Koopa Castle 1.1(Mediu...

PracticePixie

@Rikaria: I liked this level a lot, but what is that room you go to from the pipe over Bowser's head? I couldn't figure out what to do there for the life of me...I was like...is this a secret I am missing? HOW DO I CLAIM YOU?!

So many Marios died to complete this level... ("Mad World" begins playing)

Edited on by PracticePixie

PracticePixie

@OneBagTravel: That one had a really nice retro feel (I was thrown cos your name on Mario Maker is different than your name on here so I had to doublecheck the course ID lol)

Pardon me while I go play some more lol

OorWullie

My new level and I think it's my most challenging yet.This took me around 10 hours and should provide a unique challenge.It's various rooms of shell based challenges that should test your platforming skills.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Harvan

So, I decided to scrap my updates to Bowser's Family Retreat. The level is fine as-is, and my wife actually really didn't like most of the changes I'd made.

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to check out other levels the last couple of days, and Woolly World arrives tomorrow, so I'm probably going to be off for a while.

Have fun!

Please try my Mario Maker Levels: https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/Harvan
My Nintendo Network ID: KieferSkunk

OorWullie

@SuperWiiU: Just been playing your level.It's been a lot of fun so far up until the part where you come back up to the overworld and fall onto the falling platform.Even when I jump to the next ones as quickly as possible I fall to my death and can't figure out what it is I'm doing wrong as there's so little time Also,not sure if it's intentional or not but I was able to skip a large chunk of the underground once I got into the KCC.I just flew over the top and along to the pipe.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

SuperWiiU

OorWullie wrote:

@SuperWiiU: Just been playing your level.It's been a lot of fun so far up until the part where you come back up to the overworld and fall onto the falling platform.Even when I jump to the next ones as quickly as possible I fall to my death and can't figure out what it is I'm doing wrong as there's so little time Also,not sure if it's intentional or not but I was able to skip a large chunk of the underground once I got into the KCC.I just flew over the top and along to the pipe.

It isn't intentional, I left the top half of the level empty so you should be limited to the bottom screen, I've succesfully used this against jumping over the top and when flying the cloud, but somehow it doesn't seem to work with the KCC. I uploaded a version with blocks to the top to fix this, but now it doesn't lock to the bottom half of the screen like I wanted. The falling platforms are a little short for time, but I've even made it easier than before and it shouldn't be that hard if you use the run button, and there's a secret there that can make it easier to get to the end too...

spizzamarozzi

there's nothing more frustrating than working your arse off in the 100-Mario Challenge on Hard difficulty, going through countless japanese levels that kill you instantly as soon as the stage begins and be rewarded with...a stupid Animal Crossing costume of some character I didn't even know it existed!!
Also, people, don't put enemies inside the pipes - the spawning time in this game doesn't work, you know.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.