Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 4,835

Freeon-Leon

@Harvan: I liked the HHD themed level. It's very original. The Bowser's Retreat Level is good, you can improve some things here and there but it's enjoyable as it is.

And don't worry, I didn't think of you as someone just looking for attention!

@OorWullie: Thanks! I hope you like them! I think I've improved a bit since my first level.

Edited on by Freeon-Leon

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

OorWullie

@Harvan: I'm glad you did say something as it got me to notice your levels,look forward to playing some more and seeing what else you come up with.

@Freeon-Leon: I just played all your levels and every one is .superb. Bowsers Frosty Fortress was such a well made level,really intense from start to finish and every platform and enemy had a purpose allowing for some amazing moves.Paratroopa Trouble is one of the most fun levels I've played yet.I'm not normally a fan of the NSMB aesthetic but it looked really nice here.The music,the placement of enemies,secrets,everything about it I loved.My only complaint is you don't have enough levels for me to play haha.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Chandlero

Darkcast wrote:

New level. This one's a little tough. I'd love to get some feedback on it.

Yes. That was a funny level. In spite of missing a secret on top of the ship
The boss fight was very well implemented. It was really funny, not too hard and not too easy. I appreciate good boss fights since they are seldom.

Edited on by Chandlero

sjmartin

New level:

Heavily stylized and themed platforming level. Had to use the SMB aesthetic to achieve the required look. Not hard, but not easy either.
Thank you in advance for trying it!

Mario Maker 2 ID: WKV-KWN-KMF
Luigi’s Twisting Ghost House - QHF-4Q9-3SF
MarioKart Fun-Time Drive - 5MY-7TR-HRG
Toadette’s Speedrun Sprint - 6W1-F24-6FF
Bowser’s Boss Fight Bonanza - 5S2-8WF-5KF
Captain Toad's Adventure - V6G-R6L-8RF
NNID: SJMartin

Twitter:

DanoLefourbe

Here are my two latest levels. They're pretty hard time trials, that you can finish with just a few secons left in the best scenario.

@OneBagTravel: Yeah I saw your screencap. You're literally 2 seconds short of the final jump. I'm sure you can do it. ^^

Edited on by DanoLefourbe

All my levels

Nintendo Network ID: DanoLefourbe

DanoLefourbe

@spizzamarozzi: It is super fun, and really feels like its own thing. It got stuck on the part of the donut platforms and the thwomp, but eh, that's just cause I couldn't figure it out. Super ncie level. Might not be to your tastes, but you're pretty good at it I think.

@Maxoxpower: Super fun and very clever level. I didn't think about using the enemy combo as a transport and that's great.

I started playing your other levels. I just quit "a mole in the dark" because of one critical problem: on the car ride when you need to sneek between the circuler saw track, you can get attacked by the wrench mole on the other side, and it can completely ruin your timing and make you wait as much as three turns before you can get between the saws. If it is intentional, it's till obnoxious for no reason.
That's what kept me from continuing the level. Otherwise it is awesome.

@sjmartin: That was so very fun. I liked how you used the optional backtracking on the reverse level for an extra challenged.
Loved the level as a whole. I saw nothing wrong with it.

All my levels

OneBagTravel

I found out how they locked the screen when going down a pipe. They moved the goal box all the way to the start block so there's no way for hte camera to pan left or right. Neat trick but it kind of limits the pipe secrets

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

sjmartin

DanoLefourbe wrote:

@sjmartin: That was so very fun. I liked how you used the optional backtracking on the reverse level for an extra challenged.
Loved the level as a whole. I saw nothing wrong with it.

@DanoLefourbe - Thank you so much for trying the level! I appreciate the comments!
I tried your "Fithty Second Reconquest" before work. Before I comment, I want to say that I really enjoyed the idea of the level and the time limit. It looks like a nicely designed level.
But two things: First, unfortunately, you misspelled "Fifty" in the title of the level. The only other comment I have so far is that first "blue drop bar" was super difficult. Took me 6 deaths to get the timing right to get in the pipe. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in that section, but it seemed like I had to be in the perfect spot on the bar before it dropped and hold right and hope for the best to get in the pipe. In the next section, is the jump over the saw blade possible or is it designed that you have to sacrifice the Bowser costume? I died shortly after and had to head to work, so I didn't get to go back and try again. I will tonight though.
Again, it looks like a GREAT level, and I'll explore it more, but those were two things I noticed.

Twitter:

OorWullie

@spizzamarozzi: Another good level that I spent a good half hour on trying to beat but I couldn't get past the donut platforms with the thwomp.I'm guessing you need to stand on the furthest one till it falls and then the closest one so the timing of them reappearing changes? I can make the closest one fall just but the thwomp gets me everytime I try the second. Am I doing it wrong?

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

spizzamarozzi

@OorWullie: @DanoLefourbe: first, cheers guys for trying my level out! The bit with the donut platforms - you have to wait until the thwomp smashes the second row of donuts (the one in the centre).
As the thwomp goes back up, the first row reappears - as soon as the thwomp passes the new first row on its way up, simply walk on the first donut block (leftmost) and fall down with it to the (now re-appeared) second row. The thwomp will fall down again, but this time the other half of the first platform will stop it from smashing you.

if anybody else wants to give it a try, here's the link again:

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

DanoLefourbe

@sjmartin: Damn, I'll see about correcting the title right now XD.
You can do the whole level without taking a single hit. So I'll look at these two elements, and see if it might be too hard.

Done. Here is the new version

I tried to make it a bit easier and more obvious. Please tell me what you think.

All my levels

sjmartin

DanoLefourbe wrote:

@sjmartin: Damn, I'll see about correcting the title right now XD.
You can do the whole level without taking a single hit. So I'll look at these two elements, and see if it might be too hard.

It could totally have been me. I hadn't had my coffee yet, and my coordination isn't the best without my caffeine in the morning.

Twitter:

Freeon-Leon

@OorWullie: Thank you very much!!! Words like yours are what make all the time and work worth it. I'm really happy you had that much fun with my levels.

About your complaint... I'll try to make more levels! For example, Bowser's Frosty Fortress took me like 2 weeks, I had to remade it like 3 times because it didn't feel right. I wish I could be more efficient

@Harvan: Let me play it again and I'll tell you later!

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

sjmartin

@Freeon-Leon - I have "Bowser's Frosty Fortress" saved to try tonight! It looks stunning!

Twitter:

OorWullie

@spizzamarozzi: That makes sense,I should really have figured that out.I'll have another go at it later.I really like the idea of unique individual rooms like that,so much so I was thinking of how to do one like that myself.

@Freeon-Leon: You're welcome,it was my pleasure to play them,looking forward to your next one.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

mushroomer

Is it just me or is it super annoying for us 8-Bit Mario owners to have to scan it in everytime you want to have a 8-bit mushroom in your levels?

What i end up doing is taking a level that has one and saving it out in a new slot. then deleting the whole level except the mushroom and starting from there.. instead of digging around for it.. (i usually play in a way that i dont want to have amiibos with me)

Why not just let 8-bit amiibo owners have an icon show up in the items drop down after 1 scan?

any thoughts?

mushroomer

OorWullie

I was playing through one of my own uploaded levels earlier and it gave me a skinny mushroom where I've just placed a normal one.I loaded the course up again just to check in the editor and it's definitely a normal shroom there. I've not even got skinny mushroom unlocked as far as I'm aware.I've played through this course countless times and never had that happen.The problem was it made the next section after I got it harder to get past than it should be.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.