Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 4,835

ClassicJetterz

I don't browse the forums very often so I have a question.

Where are you guys getting your banners for your levels?

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

Nanni79

Mario's Quest: Big Canyon AF5F 0000 0094 DA4A
Mario's Quest: Ice Cave 7609 0000 0096 AD1E
Mario's Quest: Ghost House 8C38 0000 0092 6F25
Mario's Quest: Koopa Fortress 627B 0000 00A1 214A
Super Mario Digger Brick 73C9 0000 0096 B96B

Edited on by Nanni79

Nanni79

Blue_Blur

@ClassicJetterz: If you go to the Nintendolife home page, and click the yellow Super Mario Maker box on the right, you can upload levels to get the banner. Once you uploaded a level, copy the embed part of it, leave enter spaces above and below to post it here when typing a comment.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Harvan

Blue_Blur wrote:

@ClassicJetterz: If you go to the Nintendolife home page, and click the yellow Super Mario Maker box on the right, you can upload levels to get the banner. Once you uploaded a level, copy the embed part of it, leave enter spaces above and below to post it here when typing a comment.

Actually, the embed text doesn't work here - the HTML doesn't work on the forum. Just copy the URL of the page you're on, and paste it here directly.

Please try my Mario Maker Levels: https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/Harvan
My Nintendo Network ID: KieferSkunk

sjmartin

Join Captain Toad on a treasure hunt!

There are very few places in this level where you can jump, so it's best to play it with the same limitations as Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - no jumping. Earn lots of coins and a few 1ups along the way.

Mario Maker 2 ID: WKV-KWN-KMF
Luigi’s Twisting Ghost House - QHF-4Q9-3SF
MarioKart Fun-Time Drive - 5MY-7TR-HRG
Toadette’s Speedrun Sprint - 6W1-F24-6FF
Bowser’s Boss Fight Bonanza - 5S2-8WF-5KF
Captain Toad's Adventure - V6G-R6L-8RF
NNID: SJMartin

Twitter:

Joeynator3000

...I dunno if anyone has been following me in this game or not...but yeah I haven't made any new levels in a while. Been playing a few other games (randomly had this urge to play Majora's Mask 3D and Between Worlds........and Hyrule Warriors, lol) for now. So yeah...I'll get back into creating some more levels at some point. Maybe my 3-4 can be done by Halloween. (would make sense, since I'm going to make it a haunted airship combo level, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Undead_terror

Had to fix one of my old levels, should be a lot more enjoyable now, and there is more assistance.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Harvan

My latest creation:

My wife challenged me to create a level that she would enjoy without getting to see it first. Knowing that she was a big fan of Super Mario World, and knowing which elements of levels I've played on here that she found entertaining, I put this one together. It's styled like a classic SMW level, and includes a few puzzles, some free flight, a few secrets, and what I think is the most exciting boss fight here.

She loved it, and I hope you do too!

Please try my Mario Maker Levels: https://www.nintendolife.com/super-mario-maker/users/Harvan

OneBagTravel

I made two quick levels this weekend.

Mario skips Bowser's castle by going under it! Short level

A SMB ghost house level. Pretty standard. Plays quick.

Edited on by OneBagTravel

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

OneBagTravel

Thanks Dano. The Ghost house was just on a whim and it turned out better than I expected. I'm digging this short and simple style I've been using lately. I think it's because I value the under 90 second levels that I play in the Mario 100 challenge. I get a sense of fatigue when a level goes on too long. (I could see this being fixed if they every implement a check point system.)

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

DanoLefourbe

@OneBagTravel: Yeah the checkpoints will have to be put in the game. Everyone wants it, and the game needs it. I also made two shorter levels recently. They're time attacks. People tend to give more tries to this kind of levels before judging them.

All my levels

Nintendo Network ID: DanoLefourbe

eXtremeHippo

Does anybody present their levels on Reddit? I see that level presentations require images or a video; do I need to post Imgur links or can I just post the image URL for the Miiverse screenshot? It says that "Images must be hosted on a popular general image host like imgur", but what's wrong with the Miiverse image URL?

Also, one of my levels, Wet And Dry, is currently on the front page of this website:
http://www.mariomakermuseum.com/

Wet and Dry: W6C-N1X-NGG
Super Floatdown Mario: NNJ-VW3-TXF
Rising Tides: DJX-B8R-3QF
Bowser's Bob-omb Factory: LGN-FM1-PSG

Harvan

eXtremeHippo wrote:

Does anybody present their levels on Reddit? I see that level presentations require images or a video; do I need to post Imgur links or can I just post the image URL for the Miiverse screenshot? It says that "Images must be hosted on a popular general image host like imgur", but what's wrong with the Miiverse image URL?

Two things: First, Nintendo hosts the images on Miiverse, and in general it's not good to use another company's resources for general hosting on sites like Reddit - if an image from Miiverse is embedded in a Reddit thread along with lots of other images, that's generating a lot of load for Nintendo's site that isn't directly related to Nintendo's traffic. That runs up their costs with no benefit, and at the very least it's considered rude to the company. (In some cases, it can cause lawsuits.)

And second, because Miiverse is an HTTPS site (meaning, it provides some level of security), a site like Reddit would need to provide what's called a "Cross-Origin Request" to access secure content from another domain. Miiverse is very unlikely to be set up to allow that, unlike an image hosting service, so it would likely not work at all.

The reason you see Miiverse images on this site is that they're running a script that pulls the image from Miiverse behind the scenes and stores a copy locally. The images on this site are actually hosted here, so when you see them in the forum, they're not generating extra traffic on Miiverse. (I noticed the SMM level database also links to the Miiverse post so that people can go straight there and see Miiverse comments, respond there, etc. That sort of thing is considered polite in the Web world.)

eXtremeHippo

Thanks. I didn't mean embedding images; I meant posting the URL for the image by right clicking on the screenshot on Miiverse and clicking "copy image URL" (but maybe that's what you mean and I misunderstand)

At least uploading Super Mario Maker screenshots to Imgur is easy because images can be uploaded directly from the Wii U. Now I need to decide which time of day is best to post on Reddit in order to get the most views/plays possible. My latest level, Wet And Dry, has got 75 stars from about 130 players so I want to get more recognition for it. Going by its current star rate and the comments it has received, it has the potential to do very well I think.

Wet and Dry: W6C-N1X-NGG
Super Floatdown Mario: NNJ-VW3-TXF
Rising Tides: DJX-B8R-3QF
Bowser's Bob-omb Factory: LGN-FM1-PSG

Harvan

@eXtremeHippo: Yeah, what you're describing is cross-site embedding. Technically, any resource that has to be loaded separately from the main HTML of the page is "embedded" - it's just a matter of where it comes from. If you copy the URL of an image hosted on Miiverse and paste it into a post on Reddit, you're either creating a link that someone has to click on to see the image, or they'll show the image directly. Unless Reddit catches those URLs and copies the image to their own share (I doubt it), they'll just display the image in place, and that generates the cross-site traffic I was talking about. That's why they say you should host images on image-sharing sites, which are specifically set up for that purpose.

Good luck on your level. I'm unlikely to be able to play it today - got too much else going on. I'm curious to see what people think of my latest level, Bowser's Family Retreat.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.