Forums

Topic: Mario Kart Wii U

Posts 101 to 120 of 159

HaNks

i'd be happy with Double Dash HD w/ online functionality instead of a whole new MK. as it'll be new, more like DD and less like Wii/7 please! DD still had the unlimited MT system (though not quite as 'exploitable' as on the DS) with perfect track designs throughout. bringing back the MT mechanics from 64/DD/DS is essential, the latest editions feel like kids version in comparison

HaNks

CM30

Double Dash's mini turbo system wasn't as exploitable?

I definitely miss the old style mini turbo mechanics though. Heck, I kind of liked SSMTs, and I always thought it was a shame Nintendo listened to the complainers and toned everything down.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

DreamyViridi

I don't know about you guys but I don't want 'snaking' to be a returning issue.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Happy_Mask

LuigiMan200 wrote:

I don't know about you guys but I don't want 'snaking' to be a returning issue.

If there's one thing MK7 did right, it was drifting. Also, I'd find it awesome if they had an F-zero track in the next one. The two series have overlapped a bit before, it wouldn't be too drastic.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

HaNks

CM30 wrote:

Double Dash's mini turbo system wasn't as exploitable?

I definitely miss the old style mini turbo mechanics though. Heck, I kind of liked SSMTs, and I always thought it was a shame Nintendo listened to the complainers and toned everything down.

well it was, but it certainly didn't seem to attact as much attention as 'snaking' in MKDS. probably because it went online and a lot more people owned it. the depth of the mechanics in MKDD was crazy, as shown in the video. really a huge shame they toned the gameplay down to such a level, there's nothing like going toe to toe with another good player in DD/DS. some people who were 'snaking' weren't all that good either, but slow players lumped it all into one category. nintendo really dropped the ball with the wii version and to a lesser extent 7.

HaNks

ShadJV

DudeSean wrote:

I don't know about having single tracks available for download, because that would make playing online a bit more difficult. I imagine there would be different packs that you'd have to buy and then each pack would be like it's own playlist for online games, sort of like how Call of Duty handles DLC map packs online. I don't see how else they would do it. Unless every player in the match happened to have that track available then it could be randomly selected. I'm not sure if that would work well enough, though.

I'm sure Nintendo could figure that much out, that's not our job. Besides, the entire racetrack is loaded into RAM before the race starts (or else you might risk some players outrunning the track loading), so theoretically it can be downloaded directly into RAM (instead of loaded from the system) if someone picks a track you don't have. Sure, the player can then play something they didn't buy yet but they can't play it whenever they'd like, it might even tempt them to buy the track if they enjoyed it.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

ClassicJetterz

I really hope Nintendo gives us a glimpse soon. I'm getting impatient.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

PloXyZeRO

I like the idea of two racers in a kart...Double Dash is still my favorite Mario Kart

I almost exclusively played with a friend but it was fun alone too. 2v2 was super fun and competitive. You get cooperative and competitive gameplay simultaneously rolled into one game. You could do more with two players in a kart, like steal items, get your mini turbo when you drift faster (I still miss that feature of moving your stick back and forth to get mini turbo), etc. The game also had a really fun battle mode with the bombs. I've played with 7 other people a few times at LAN parties and that was such a GREAT experience.

If Mario Kart Wii U ends up being a double dash sequel, I'm going to be a happy camper!

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

DudeSean

ShadJV wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

I don't know about having single tracks available for download, because that would make playing online a bit more difficult. I imagine there would be different packs that you'd have to buy and then each pack would be like it's own playlist for online games, sort of like how Call of Duty handles DLC map packs online. I don't see how else they would do it. Unless every player in the match happened to have that track available then it could be randomly selected. I'm not sure if that would work well enough, though.

I'm sure Nintendo could figure that much out, that's not our job. Besides, the entire racetrack is loaded into RAM before the race starts (or else you might risk some players outrunning the track loading), so theoretically it can be downloaded directly into RAM (instead of loaded from the system) if someone picks a track you don't have. Sure, the player can then play something they didn't buy yet but they can't play it whenever they'd like, it might even tempt them to buy the track if they enjoyed it.

I thought about that, but then I thought it would be weird to download the track onto someone's console for free and then remove it. Like, why pay for something you can get for free and why delete it once you have it? I don't know. If they could make it work that way then that would be cool. I know it's not our job, but I just think it's fun to speculate.

PloXyZeRO wrote:

I like the idea of two racers in a kart...Double Dash is still my favorite Mario Kart

I almost exclusively played with a friend but it was fun alone too. 2v2 was super fun and competitive. You get cooperative and competitive gameplay simultaneously rolled into one game. You could do more with two players in a kart, like steal items, get your mini turbo when you drift faster (I still miss that feature of moving your stick back and forth to get mini turbo), etc. The game also had a really fun battle mode with the bombs. I've played with 7 other people a few times at LAN parties and that was such a GREAT experience.

If Mario Kart Wii U ends up being a double dash sequel, I'm going to be a happy camper!

I'd like to see the two players per kart being optional. Kind of like how you can choose between karts or bikes in Mario Kart Wii, you could choose between single and two seated karts.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

PloXyZeRO

DudeSean wrote:

I'd like to see the two players per kart being optional. Kind of like how you can choose between karts or bikes in Mario Kart Wii, you could choose between single and two seated karts.

If it was optional, I'd really hope that they made two separate modes for that because I have a feeling that the game wouldn't be very balanced otherwise. Just like in MKWii, bikes were almost superior to karts in every way, and I would hate to see everyone pick one option over the other if they had the choice to pick between a single or double kart

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

DudeSean

Well, they should definitely balance it. And yes, balance it better than they did with the karts and bikes. I suppose the main difference would be the double seaters would be like the heavy karts and the single seaters would be the light karts.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Devious3Ds

Cant wait for this game

WiiUForum: http://wiiuforums.com/forum.php

LzWinky

DrSlump wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

@DrSlump Would you be okay with us getting classic tracks for DLC?

And you know half the tracks will be remakes of tracks from old MK games just like all the other recent Mario Kart games have done.

I don't care old tracks, because i've already played them on the past. If i would like to try them again, there are wirtual console games. Sometimes it feels to me playing the same game over again, paying it at full price. Nintendo need to reinvent itself, or it will perish in the next console war.

You say that like Nintendo's the only company guilty of this...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DarkNinja9

how about being able to customize the tracks you play? like you get to select the tracks you want and make it into a playable set on only tracks you like and not play rainbow cup for example just soo that you can race in that one track while you hate the rest?could then maybe be used in online communities to play with others sort of like ssbb did with your onw built in stages

if that makes any sense xD

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

BandG

Here are some cool ideas for tracks
-A candy track like in Mario Party 5
-City Rooftops like the city on MK Double Dash
-An indoor night garden
-Delfino Island (not like Delfino Pier)
-Peach's castle (N64)
-Comet Observatory
-An area that is similar to the background of world 1 of NSMB Wii with hills, caves, those weird mountains with stripey patterns
-Cloud track
-A toy track like in Mario Party 5
-A hotel similar to the mini game in Mario Party (yep you guessed it) 5 (which btw is not my favorite Mario Party, its actually my least)
-A giant tree(s) you ride on the inside and outside (i guess that kinda sounds like Maple Treeway in MK Wii doesn't it?) but it would be different
What do you think?

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

renaryuugufan92

downloadable track packs would be nice~ new and retro ones~ i.m.o

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Snagrio

Hmm, had a cool thought. You know the notion of Super Smash Kart? Well instead of that, how about a few tracks that are from other Nintendo series? Take a Pikmin themed one for example, where everything is huge, and you drive by items you'd collect in the Pikmin games, like pop lids and other "treasures", and maybe Bulborbs as hazards. Or perhaps a Zelda track where you race into castles and maybe drive past Ganon while he tries to knock your kart out like the Bowser statue in Mario Kart Wii. I'm obviously dreaming, but it'd be pretty fun.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Syeiko

I would like the same gameplay of mario kart wii in mario kart U

This game should has a very good graphics, and OffTV play
Maybe a team or clan selection and more online things

We should wait to this years e3 to know more about this!

Edited on by Syeiko

Syeiko

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.