Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 9! lol check this out

Posts 21 to 40 of 49

Inkling

Later at E3

Introducing Mario Kart 9!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatDude

cookiex

Xilef wrote:

They say that MK8 is considered the second worst game in the franchise, which i don't think i've ever heard at all, and they link to the Polygon article about how MK8 will be the worst selling MK as their "source". That article was considered bad by many and has nothing to do with the reception of the game.

What the heck is this website?

The Polygon prediction only becomes funnier when you realize that Mario Kart 8 is going to outsell Super Circuit before the end of this year and has a legit shot at passing Double Dash lifetime as well.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Bolt_Strike

Cipher wrote:

Well, that's clearly wrong. I thought we were supposed to get an updated Mario Kart 8.1 before skipping 9 and moving right onto Mario Kart 10. Isn't that how everybody's doing it these days?

You stole that joke from me.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Pahvi

I didn't read the linked article, but the topic made me briefly entertain the idea that the New 3DS could have a new Mario Kart installment. Probably won't, though.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

SCRAPPER392

It would be pretty hilarious if Nintendo did make Mario Kart 9 all fast.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Chaoz

That site makes me sad that I'm a Christian.

Edited on by Chaoz

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

CaviarMeths

That Polygon article is among the most heavily mocked and derided pieces of gaming journalism of 2014. The infamous pie chart alone has been parodied so many times.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blooby

Mario Kart 9, really? MK8 was just recently released last year.

OK K.O. > Most Cartoon Network shows

Check out my Youtube channel here if you like cringy humor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6275-6076-4710 | 3DS Friend Code: 1049-4443-8858 | Twitter:

jariw

CaviarMeths wrote:

That Polygon article is among the most heavily mocked and derided pieces of gaming journalism of 2014. The infamous pie chart alone has been parodied so many times.

I believe the pie chart was withdrawn later, but it has been saved on various places on the 'net for all its brilliance.
Untitled

And the Polygon article contains so many other gems. It clearly shows that all (non-portable) home console versions of MK since the MK64 have been having an attach rate at around 30%, and yet the projected attach rate for MK8 would be 20.37%?

jariw

CaviarMeths

This one was actually my favorite though:

Untitled

WTH is that graph even trying to say? At least with the pie chart you can see that he's trying to illustrate attach rate (and failing miserably), but this graph is so utterly baffling in its complete worthlessness. That's gotta be the ugliest way to confusingly chart a bunch of irrelevant information I've ever seen.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CapeSmash

Satire site or is this serious?

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

skywake

CaviarMeths wrote:

WTH is that graph even trying to say? At least with the pie chart you can see that he's trying to illustrate attach rate (and failing miserably), but this graph is so utterly baffling in its complete worthlessness. That's gotta be the ugliest way to confusingly chart a bunch of irrelevant information I've ever seen.

The best I can come up with is that whoever made that graph started making it while trying to make a "damning point". About how the Wii U version was going to be the "least generous" of the releases is the best I can think of. Then when they produced the graph they realised that it was actually about on par if not better than usual in terms of content..... but they ran with it anyway. And now the website OP linked to is taking it as gospel. Who said journalism was dead? Yeah, GG, they were right.

Chaozrush21 wrote:

That site makes me sad that I'm a Christian.

I'm not a Christian and that site makes me feel sad on your behalf. That said there is this odd "only Christian content is good" thing that's a thing. I was once sharing some music with someone and they liked it, then they asked "are they Christian". When I said "I don't think so" they were immediately not-interested at all. I really, really don't understand that approach to things but I know it does exist and so I'm not at all surprised a site like this exists.

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

royeab

theyre not lying theyre just dumb

really good priced games- https://www.g2a.com/r/royeab
you can get games like shadow of mordor for 10 $ instead of 60$

Nintendo Network ID: royeab

TruthBeTold

As already stated, I don't think it's fair to attach their religious beliefs to their opinions on video games just because they have the word "Christian" in their website name. Just because they aren't video game savvy doesn't mean all Christians are the same.

My Backloggery!
NNID: Punch
3DS FC: 2836-0160-7264

Dezzy

CaviarMeths wrote:

This one was actually my favorite though:

Untitled

WTH is that graph even trying to say? At least with the pie chart you can see that he's trying to illustrate attach rate (and failing miserably), but this graph is so utterly baffling in its complete worthlessness. That's gotta be the ugliest way to confusingly chart a bunch of irrelevant information I've ever seen.

That's brilliant. He's kinda understood the first half of the concept but then he's just completely lost the plot (pun intended).

TruthBeTold wrote:

As already stated, I don't think it's fair to attach their religious beliefs to their opinions on video games just because they have the word "Christian" in their website name. Just because they aren't video game savvy doesn't mean all Christians are the same.

Is it fair to attach their religious beliefs to their inability to critically assess information and just believe what they're being told?

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

mystman12

TruthBeTold wrote:

As already stated, I don't think it's fair to attach their religious beliefs to their opinions on video games just because they have the word "Christian" in their website name. Just because they aren't video game savvy doesn't mean all Christians are the same.

Exactly. I'm a Christian, and I know just as well as anyone else here that Smash Brawl 5 is the best and that Herobrine is really in Minecraft and that King Boo is going to be added to Smash soon!

and just in case clarification is needed, yes, I really am a Christian. I'm not making fun of Christians but I'm making fun of what some people here seem to think about Christians.

Dezzy wrote:

Is it fair to attach their religious beliefs to their inability to critically assess information and just believe what they're being told?

Nope, because while there certainly are going to be Christians like that, guess what? There are plenty of non-Christians like that as well.

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Dezzy

mystman12 wrote:

Nope, because while there certainly are going to be Christians like that, guess what? There are plenty of non-Christians like that as well.

That's certainly true. The difference being that christianity actually makes a virtue of taking things on faith. When non-christians do that, they just get called 'gullible'.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Jingo_Unchained

As a Christian, it does frustrate me a bit when people bash on my fellow believers for something as dumb as a video game. As stated by others above, these people simply don't excel when it comes to video games.

That said, at least they were correct about Zelda. But where in the heck did MK9 come from??

Jesus saved Mii. That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2449-5136-2433 | Nintendo Network ID: HAWK1650 | Twitter:

Whopper744

Can we please have some sort of rule about this on the site? As a Christian it's not cool to see how so many on here has basically called us stupid. This isn't the place for thing kind of stuff, it's a place to talk about video games. Can we please lock this thread or something at least?

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Top

Sorry, this topic has been locked.