Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 roster starting to feel like a Joke.. Is Nintendo going in the right direction?

Posts 101 to 118 of 118

DefHalan

WitchSugoi wrote:

Faruko wrote:

WitchSugoi wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

faint wrote:

GreyMD wrote:

I updated the title by the way. Since the majority took advantage of that mistake. Either that or you're just flat out stupid.. Sorry 😕

i just realized your 14. everything makes sense!

That really does explain this whole thread.

The "Are 20 year olds playing" statement should have been the biggest clue. Clearly he feels that's an "advanced" age. Twenty year olds play Pokemon and Kirby, I'm pretty sure Mario Kart isn't out of the question. An actual 20 year old would know that.

Im actually 25, finished university, working and still enjoying Mario Kart... i must suck at life :/

I'm 24, in college, and will be getting my Mario Kart on this holiday. But according to Grey MD 20 somethings obviously are not into these games.

I am 25 and enjoy Mario Kart and Pokemon way more than Halo or Call of Duty

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

GreyMD

If you don't want to bring up a topic, then don't do it. Profanity is not necessary either -Lz

Edited on by LzWinky

PSN: Exotic-_Gameboy

Twitter:

GreyMD

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

Okay, let's face facts here. Obviously Pink Gold Peach was a great addition, and I bet Nintendo is planning to add her in almost all the games she's featured in. Pink is already a fabulous color, and now we add gold to the mix and it set a whole new standard for fabulous. Also, now that there's DLC, Cat Peach is a fantastic addition to the roster. She adds so much variety with her different forms. Nintendo should really make more clone characters for people to enjoy.

I get your point! But lets not actually not put them in the roster. Perhaps make it like SSBB did..
BTW i liek ur "lets face facts" remark wen ur topik is based off an opinyon

Edited on by GreyMD

PSN: Exotic-_Gameboy

Twitter:

Sir_Diabeetus

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

Okay, let's face facts here. Obviously Pink Gold Peach was a great addition, and I bet Nintendo is planning to add her in almost all the games she's featured in. Pink is already a fabulous color, and now we add gold to the mix and it set a whole new standard for fabulous. Also, now that there's DLC, Cat Peach is a fantastic addition to the roster. She adds so much variety with her different forms. Nintendo should really make more clone characters for people to enjoy.

But isn't what you said is a opinion? I honestly don't see nothing wrong with Pink Gold Peach.

Also, I dislike how people complain about clones being in Smash Bros. Sure, they can "waste" the characters slots of the roster, but it's not like they have no purpose why clones characters are even here on a first place. Heck, any good player can main "Falcondorf" and still beat everyone else's main.

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

Sir_Diabeetus

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Just another "boo-hoo Nintendo isn't EXACTLY like my childhood anymore, they must be running out of ideas" thread. Move along.

This is a not big surprise. I bet there's going to be a another one like this.

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

CaviarMeths

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Just another "boo-hoo Nintendo isn't EXACTLY like my childhood anymore, they must be running out of ideas" thread. Move along.

Except OP is still a child and his first Nintendo was probably the Wii.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

skywake

CanisWolfred wrote:

skywake wrote:

NintenNess wrote:

This also reminds me how most IGN reviewers are terrible. One of the reviewers gave Smash Bros. 3DS 8.8/10 because the cons they found are Tiny 4 characters and Smash Run Mode. For Tiny 4 characters, It's a 3DS game. What the Heck do you expect from a 3DS game?

For Smash Run, I honestly enjoyed Smash Run. So, they disliked it because of Random matches and the AI.

8.8 isn't a bad score. Review scores don't start at 10 and go down as you subtract points, they come out of nowhere and land on the page where your gut thinks they should be. I hover around on Rate Your Music, a music rating site, I gave Sigur Rós' Kveikur 4.5/5 which is basically a 9. If you asked me what was wrong with that album that I "subtracted" 0.5 I couldn't really answer because there isn't anything "wrong" with it. I can just feel in my guts that it's not quite as good as Ágætis byrjun. Songs like Brennisteinn are fantastic but songs like Bamm Bamm Bamm are off the charts. If you asked me if either of them were any good I'd say get both, if you asked me which one was better I'd pause and say "well, I guess, Ágætis byrjun. But it depends". That's the difference between a score of 9 and a score of 10.

Now with Smash on 3DS? I'd personally lean towards a score higher than 9. However I can understand why someone wouldn't give it that. Especially when the two things that we know differentiate it from the Wii U version aren't exactly positive things. Smash Run is something that I only played through to unlock some more challenges and it wasn't really that fun. The fact that it's portable does mean that you can sometimes lose track of where your character is. Those are issues. So the 8.8 is justified.

Just to note, this post is easily one of, if not the best thing to come out of this thread.

Take that for what you will.

I give it about four stars

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

rockodoodle

For the most part, I don't care for the baby characters. doesn't ruin the game, but it's does detract a little from it. Wish Diddy Kong and Boo were in it, among a few others.

rockodoodle

crimsoncavalier

I think some of the characters are in just for the sake of more characters. I don't like them, but that just means I don't play them, not that the game is any worse because of them. In fact, if someone is playing as any of the koopalings, I just gun for them. That's all. Pink Gold Peach is a stupid character, and feels like a character for just having another character slot filled, but again, I just don't use them. Doesn't affect me at all.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Kogorn733

While the baby and metal characters are a little lame, I suppose they create ways for players to use their favorite characters in different weight classes without sacrificing aesthetics. For example, "metal mario" is probably more fun/cooler to use than "sumo/fat mario," and "baby peach" more fun to use than "shrunken peach," etc.

Kogorn733

jariw

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Pink Gold Peach is a stupid character, and feels like a character for just having another character slot filled, but again, I just don't use them.

Pink Gold Peach and Metal Mario have the same stats, but those 2 characters are the only ones with those stats. So I can't agree it's only another slot filled.

jariw

skywake

Wow, people are even lumping the Koopalings into the character whine. What gives? Those guys are a big deal and each one has a pretty interesting personality. Without them the character roster would be much less interesting. And how are they less important than a Koopa or Dry Bones? I always play as Bowser so it's nice to be able to play as "Bowser" in a different weight class. Same deal with the babies, people LOVE the babies as much as I love the Koopalings.

I think you guys just need to get over it. People love these characters just as much as you think it's worth writing rants about them. Frankly I think that most of the characters being complained about are still better than Birdo and Funky Kong. And I don't think I ever created threads about how much those characters ruined the game....

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

jariw

Yellowtails wrote:

Pink Gold Peach was a terrible choice though. Metal Mario, I understand though. Characters like those should be alternate skins instead of taking whole character slots.

Alternating skins don't change the stats. Green Yoshi has the same stats as Blue Yoshi. Pink Gold Peach has completely different stats than Peach.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

outburst

Kogorn733 wrote:

While the baby and metal characters are a little lame, I suppose they create ways for players to use their favorite characters in different weight classes without sacrificing aesthetics. For example, "metal mario" is probably more fun/cooler to use than "sumo/fat mario," and "baby peach" more fun to use than "shrunken peach," etc.

This. This is for Mario and Peach fans who wanted a heavy variant. Also I love the Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach addition. I'm not a fan of the babies but I'm sure others are. Nintendo isn't done updating the game yet. Who knows if they'll add more characters not announced in the DLCs.

outburst

crimsoncavalier

jariw wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

Pink Gold Peach is a stupid character, and feels like a character for just having another character slot filled, but again, I just don't use them.

Pink Gold Peach and Metal Mario have the same stats, but those 2 characters are the only ones with those stats. So I can't agree it's only another slot filled.

I meant it as a generalization. Many of the characters in the game seem to just exist for the sake of existing. Same with the karts and wheels. There are variations of the same wheels, that have the exact same stats. There are characters that I feel the developers just added to add characters. Does the game "need" 50 characters? No. It could do just as well with 12.

I don't think the game is any worse for it, but I just find them irrelevant. And like I said, it doesn't bother me, I just don't pick the characters I don't like. If someone out there really loves Gold Peach that much, then I'm glad Nintendo added a character just for them.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

CanisWolfred

Yellowtails wrote:

Mario Kart would not get away with only having 12 characters. It should have at least 25-35 characters.

Especially since "fanservice" is one of the major selling points of the game...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

Yellowtails wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

Mario Kart would not get away with only having 12 characters. It should have at least 25-35 characters.

Especially since "fanservice" is one of the major selling points of the game...

Exactly. It would also look bad on them if they scaled down on the number of characters in the game. (Laziness!)

The only thing that would make it look worse is if they took out mission mode and battle maps. But, that would be stupid!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.