Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 DLC (official nintendo store)

Posts 241 to 260 of 307

Eel

I'm just gonna leave this pic here. It's not from Mario Kart, but the current situation kind of reminded me of it.

Untitled

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Jazzer94

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

To quote myself from an article back in May:

The idea behind Mario Kart is the easygoing and carefree fun. That not only applies to the players, but to the characters in Mario Kart as well. All of these characters have fun in their free time, and are funny in some way or another to begin with.
The characters of the Mario universe also share their love for sports-based competition, so it stands to reason they do this. And other funny characters from Nintendo would probably join in as soon as they get an invitation.
But there are characters which would destroy this entire formula. If Nintendo were to add in serious, no-nonsense characters like Link, Fox, or even Samus, the entire Mario Kart impression would go from funny to ridiculous - in a bad way.

How's that? Brawl worked well, right?
Brawl's Subspace Emissary Mode is a different horse altogether. It was a serious story about saving the world(s). Even the funniest characters can be serious when required. And that story certainly was serious, even flat-out grim at times.
But making serious characters participate in funny activities is impossible without either deconstructing them or removing most credibility from them. They don't have time for this, they gotta do more serious stuff. And if there's no reason for a character to go karting with Bowser, then they absolutely shouldn't!

There's absolutely nothing you can say in favor of this idiotic decision except for fan-rambles and feigning ignorance. Nintendo is stripping Link of his dignity as a heroic character, period. And I, for one, can see that, at least.

Just be quiet.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

19Robb92

So, what do you guys want to see as stages in the Zelda Cup?

Hyrule Field feels like a given. I'd personally like to see the Stone Tower Temple from Majoras Mask. It feels somewhat fitting with the whole Anti-Gravity mechanic.

A stage through the clouds of Skyloft could look absolutely amazing as well with Loftwings flying around etc.

Man, I'm so excited for this!

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Kewlan

Do we know how many Zelda tracks there will be?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

DefHalan

19Robb92 wrote:

So, what do you guys want to see as stages in the Zelda Cup?

Hyrule Field feels like a given. I'd personally like to see the Stone Tower Temple from Majoras Mask. It feels somewhat fitting with the whole Anti-Gravity mechanic.

A stage through the clouds of Skyloft could look absolutely amazing as well with Loftwings flying around etc.

Man, I'm so excited for this!

I am only expecting 1 track based on Zelda... mainly to keep myself from expecting too much lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

19Robb92

Kewlan wrote:

It's has a cup dedicated to it, so 4.

DefHalan wrote:

I am only expecting 1 track based on Zelda... mainly to keep myself from expecting too much lol

That'd be a extremely wasted opportunity. The tracks are more interesting than the characters IMO.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Kewlan

At first I thought there'd only be one, but then there was a cup with the Zelda icon, so I guess 4?
We should get a track where there are cuccoos everywhere, and if you hit 10 of them you're scrood.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

19Robb92

Kewlan wrote:

At first I thought there'd only be one, but then there was a cup with the Zelda icon, so I guess 4?
We should get a track where there are cuccoos everywhere, and if you hit 10 of them you're scrood.

Yeah. Would be a awesome stage hazard if they walked over the road (like the cows in Moo Moo Meadows) and if you hit enough of them they start to hunt you.

There's so much they can do with the Zelda assets.

Also, I would love if they made a rainbow-road-like track for the Zelda franchise with fireworks exploding resembling key characters that has appeared throughout the franchise.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Grumblevolcano

19Robb92 wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

It's has a cup dedicated to it, so 4.

DefHalan wrote:

That'd be a extremely wasted opportunity. The tracks are more interesting than the characters IMO.

I'm also thinking only 1, to me I see the Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing cups to be 1 track from each Nintendo franchise not connected to Mario. Then the Yoshi Egg and Super Bell cups are all retro Mario Kart courses.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

cookiex

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

There's absolutely nothing you can say in favor of this idiotic decision except for fan-rambles and feigning ignorance. Nintendo is stripping Link of his dignity as a heroic character, period. And I, for one, can see that, at least.

Thanks to posts like this I'm going to do a Link + Mercedes-Benz combo and enjoy every second of it.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

19Robb92

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I'm also thinking only 1, to me I see the Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing cups to be 1 track from each Nintendo franchise not connected to Mario. Then the Yoshi Egg and Super Bell cups are all retro Mario Kart courses.

The cup icon is very misleading if that's the case.

But I guess that would kind of make sense. I can't figure out where they'd put the F-Zero & Excite-bike track if not in the one with the Zelda icon.

Oh well, hopefully we'll get a Epona themed bike at least.

Edited on by 19Robb92

DreamyViridi

It may be worth noting that the Zelda Cup is in the Retro section of race tracks while the AC Cup is in the New section of race tracks.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Grumblevolcano

I think that's an error because it shows the Zelda Cup first in the shop info.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

cookiex

Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

19Robb92

Cute^

TeeJay

I can see it now: NEW Metroid DLC coming to Mario Party for Wii U! Includes Samus and Ridley as playable characters and a new Metroid themed board!! Eat the Metroid candy to turn into a Metroid and nab coins from all players you pass! Land on the Gunship panel to zoom straight to a player and nab their star sending them back to the beginning of the board in the process!!!

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Kewlan

DreamyViridi wrote:

It may be worth noting that the Zelda Cup is in the Retro section of race tracks while the AC Cup is in the New section of race tracks.

That may just be because the Yoshi (Egg) cup has new tracks and the Cat Bell has retro tracks.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

DreamyViridi

Kewlan wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

That may just be because the Yoshi (Egg) cup has new tracks and the Cat Bell has retro tracks.

I'm aware of that possibility. Zelda Cup probably has a Zelda track or two and the rest are old Mario Kart tracks.

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DefHalan

DreamyViridi wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

I'm aware of that possibility. Zelda Cup probably has a Zelda track or two and the rest are old Mario Kart tracks.

Hopefully the Zelda Cup won't just be re-skinned retro tracks.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DreamyViridi

@DefHalan - Yeah, I hope not. I expect the Zelda track to be new. Maybe it's a layout error like @Grumblevolcano said. Also saw this comment on a GameXplain video:

What if, unbeknownst to you, when you download the DLC packs, you also get additional unlockables like Zelda who would get unlocked by beating the triforce cup... t'would be a nice surprise, though kind of unlikely.

Of course very unlikely but would it be funny if that DID happen?

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.