Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 DLC (official nintendo store)

Posts 221 to 240 of 307

Jazzer94

DLC is cool but I'm going to wait a bit before I buy for a bit as the price peeved me a tad.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Grumblevolcano

Splatom wrote:

I can't wait to have Link in a Mercedes GLA XD

But seriously though, I'm a little upset over the DLC. No Captain Toad, E. Gadd or Diddy Kong?

Plus Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach? What? That means we have 4 clones of the two. Baby, Normal, Metal and Powerup.

Can't help but think Amiibo will give characters such as Diddy Kong, we know the toys work with Mario Kart 8 but don't know their purpose yet.

It would be cool if the first DLC pack is at EGX London and maybe have the final of the Nintendolife tournament be on those tracks.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Inkling

@Grumblevolcano Yeah that'd be very cool. If that was the case I better train even more!

@Octane Oh yeah I forgot to put Birdo and Nabbit on that list. I really want Nabbit, Dry Bones and R.O.B!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

jump

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Splatom wrote:

I can't wait to have Link in a Mercedes GLA XD

But seriously though, I'm a little upset over the DLC. No Captain Toad, E. Gadd or Diddy Kong?

Plus Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach? What? That means we have 4 clones of the two. Baby, Normal, Metal and Powerup.

Can't help but think Amiibo will give characters such as Diddy Kong, we know the toys work with Mario Kart 8 but don't know their purpose yet.

It would be cool if the first DLC pack is at EGX London and maybe have the final of the Nintendolife tournament be on those tracks.

If they are going with Amiibo character racers then I hope they give us really weird ones like Wii Fit Trainer.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

clvr

Can anyone tell me if those Mercedes parts must be unlocked via coins or not, please? I mean, are they available as soon as you download the DLC pack or do you need to collect coins?

Clover.

My Nintendo: clvr51 | Nintendo Network ID: clvr51

Akazury

clvr wrote:

Can anyone tell me if those Mercedes parts must be unlocked via coins or not, please? I mean, are they available as soon as you download the DLC pack or do you need to collect coins?

As soon as you download them

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

shingi_70

Its just taunting everyone now.
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Jazzer94

DestinyMan wrote:

@shingi_70: So do those icons just stay floating there mysteriously for months? If so, then what a tease!

Yes they do wish I could hide them as it is torture.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

erv

lol this is going to be painful, watching those icons for three months. It's a lot of game for the money.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Inkling

I GOT MINE ON DIGITAL PREORDER!

Mind you those icons are such a tease.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Faruko

Bought them! right before going off to work... cant believe ill have to wait 8 hours to try them !

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

DefHalan

I wonder if part of the big discount for the DLC comes from it being 100% digital, and it makes me wonder how much Nintendo could discount games if they went 100% digital

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

faint

Faruko wrote:

Bought them! right before going off to work... cant believe ill have to wait 8 hours to try them !

um hope you don't mean the track dlc packs. they clearly say for preorder. you can't use the first set untill late November

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Kewlan

Apparently the update isn't downloadable on my Wii U yet?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Kaze_Memaryu

To quote myself from an article back in May:

The idea behind Mario Kart is the easygoing and carefree fun. That not only applies to the players, but to the characters in Mario Kart as well. All of these characters have fun in their free time, and are funny in some way or another to begin with.
The characters of the Mario universe also share their love for sports-based competition, so it stands to reason they do this. And other funny characters from Nintendo would probably join in as soon as they get an invitation.
But there are characters which would destroy this entire formula. If Nintendo were to add in serious, no-nonsense characters like Link, Fox, or even Samus, the entire Mario Kart impression would go from funny to ridiculous - in a bad way.

How's that? Brawl worked well, right?
Brawl's Subspace Emissary Mode is a different horse altogether. It was a serious story about saving the world(s). Even the funniest characters can be serious when required. And that story certainly was serious, even flat-out grim at times.
But making serious characters participate in funny activities is impossible without either deconstructing them or removing most credibility from them. They don't have time for this, they gotta do more serious stuff. And if there's no reason for a character to go karting with Bowser, then they absolutely shouldn't!

There's absolutely nothing you can say in favor of this idiotic decision except for fan-rambles and feigning ignorance. Nintendo is stripping Link of his dignity as a heroic character, period. And I, for one, can see that, at least.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Akazury

I think my feelings are nicely packed in these four words: It is a game!

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

Captain_Toad

Akazury wrote:

I think my feelings are nicely packed in these four words: It is a game!

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

MasterWario

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

The idea behind Mario Kart is the easygoing and carefree fun. That not only applies to the players, but to the characters in Mario Kart as well. All of these characters have fun in their free time, and are funny in some way or another to begin with.
The characters of the Mario universe also share their love for sports-based competition, so it stands to reason they do this. And other funny characters from Nintendo would probably join in as soon as they get an invitation.
But there are characters which would destroy this entire formula. If Nintendo were to add in serious, no-nonsense characters like Link, Fox, or even Samus, the entire Mario Kart impression would go from funny to ridiculous - in a bad way.

Brawl's Subspace Emissary Mode is a different horse altogether. It was a serious story about saving the world(s). Even the funniest characters can be serious when required. And that story certainly was serious, even flat-out grim at times.
But making serious characters participate in funny activities is impossible without either deconstructing them or removing most credibility from them. They don't have time for this, they gotta do more serious stuff. And if there's no reason for a character to go karting with Bowser, then they absolutely shouldn't!

There's absolutely nothing you can say in favor of this idiotic decision except for fan-rambles and feigning ignorance. Nintendo is stripping Link of his dignity as a heroic character, period. And I, for one, can see that, at least.

See I'd agree with your point if it weren't for one fatal flaw... Link is not a no nonsense character AT ALL. Tetra maybe, but that's stretching it. Link is lazy, lazy, lazy, and simple context clues can tell me that. Have you seen the beginning of Phantom Hourglass? Skyward Sword? Lazy!

The thing is, Link has the triforce of courage, meaning if he gets puts to a task, fear won't stop him from doing it. If someone steals his girlfriend, he's gonna go find her, no matter what really. etc etc.

But that does not mean he's a no nonsense character. I don't care if it's for a heart piece, a no nonsense character is never going to go fishing for hours or play silly gamble mini games for rupees when someone needs saving.

I can see your point, and I agree with some of it, but Nintendo does not think he is a no nonsense character and neither do I.

EDIT: man that's like double and triple negatives. XD Oh well

Also I would like to reiterate one last time: If you're done saving the world already, who says you can't relax with a little karting action?

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

DefHalan

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

I am sorry that you cannot accept that Link is a fun character that is going to be in Mario Kart. It must be very difficult for you to find games to enjoy. I for one don't think of Link as a no non-sense character because most of his games are filled with non-sense. Fishing, Bug Catching, chasing Cats, playing carnival games. I hope you can one day find a way to enjoy the content provided to you.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

19Robb92

I think MK8-Link would have been weird if he actually looked like Link. I'm fine with the design they have making it in to the game. It still looks a bit weird, but he looks like a plastic figurine rather than "the real thing" to me.

They could have easily went with Toon Link, he would fit the colorful visuals of MK8 rather well (that would have looked weird to me), but I'm glad they went with a whole new design instead.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.