Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 DLC (official nintendo store)

Posts 121 to 140 of 307

Ryno

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

@Def_Halan Yeah, but he's doing it for the sake of furthering his quest. Karting does absolutely nothing in his favor, much less saving Hyrule.

@Ryno Smash is an entirely different thing. If they or their dearest friends and relatives are in danger, everyone fights. Every character can get serious. Also, keep in mind that Smash takes place in a separate canon. Mario Kart is a direct part of the Mario franchise.

@MasterWario Ironic, since you only get coins in Mario Kart, which are worthless to Link. Every minigame in Zelda nets Link something advantageous, be it money, items, or even equipment. He doesn't waste time with stuff that doesn't get him anywhere.

Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

TysonOfTime

WaLzgi wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

It's fine to be wary of DLC guys, no need to argue on that point. He said this DLC is fine, just that the attitude towards charging for DLC as a whole is pretty bad. I agree.

I'm totally buying this, but we should still be cautious and hope Nintendo doesn't start taking the wrong path into the DLC-filled future.

Why should we not pay for extra content? It requires work and money just like any game. Heck, I dare argue that DLC can be considered a separate product

With that said, I don't endorse the sleezy cut content then sell it separate

I don't think he's saying this should be free is the thing.
It's just that in a world where "paying for extra content" can mean unlocking something on the disk, it's perfectly fine to being cynical.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

MasterWario

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

@MasterWario Ironic, since you only get coins in Mario Kart, which are worthless to Link. Every minigame in Zelda nets Link something advantageous, be it money, items, or even equipment. He doesn't waste time with stuff that doesn't get him anywhere.

Since when, are, solid gold coins, useless, anywhere?

Besides, Link has a whole lifetime after he saves the world. Who says he can't chill out and do some karting action?

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

shingi_70

So freaking cool

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LzWinky

TysonOfTime wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

It's fine to be wary of DLC guys, no need to argue on that point. He said this DLC is fine, just that the attitude towards charging for DLC as a whole is pretty bad. I agree.

I'm totally buying this, but we should still be cautious and hope Nintendo doesn't start taking the wrong path into the DLC-filled future.

Why should we not pay for extra content? It requires work and money just like any game. Heck, I dare argue that DLC can be considered a separate product

With that said, I don't endorse the sleezy cut content then sell it separate

I don't think he's saying this should be free is the thing.
It's just that in a world where "paying for extra content" can mean unlocking something on the disk, it's perfectly fine to being cynical.

...I can't disagree with this actually

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

unrandomsam

"It's just that in a world where "paying for extra content" can mean unlocking something on the disk, it's perfectly fine to being cynical." and that is exactly what Amiibo is. (Other than you get a Happy Meal toy).

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Jmaster

And if Link would actually be able to travel through space and time to Mario's universe, why can't he just return to a point in time just a few seconds after he left? There'd be no time wasted at all. While he's at it, he might as well tell Young Link from OoT what happens after he pulls out the Master Sword, skipping the Adult Link part and erasing Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks from the timeline. But what if the Link that supposedly appears in MK8 is from that timeline, creating a paradox? The whole Nintendoverse would implode! But let's assume he's not from the Adult Link-timeline, then he might just as well tel Link not to go search for Navi or else he'll end up in Termina. But if he's from the Young Link-timeline [falls asleep]
Untitled

Jmaster

TysonOfTime

unrandomsam wrote:

"It's just that in a world where "paying for extra content" can mean unlocking something on the disk, it's perfectly fine to being cynical." and that is exactly what Amiibo is. (Other than you get a Happy Meal toy).

Well, yes. But it's not DLC. That's the difference.
The whole NFC craze has plenty of flaws, but I'm not going to criticize for particpating in something that's like a double dose of joy for collectors who like games.

unrandomsam

It is on disk DLC unlocked by a toy plain and simple. It has all the properties of on disk DLC other than you buy the happy meal toy instead of paying for the DLC.

TysonOfTime

unrandomsam wrote:

It is on disk DLC unlocked by a toy plain and simple. It has all the properties of on disk DLC other than you buy the happy meal toy instead of paying for the DLC.

Sure. But you're getting something physical though.

I'm very cautious as to how Nintendo handles their Amiibos, since they games aren't built around the concepts and exploting them for unlocks seems likely. I'm fine with the likes of Skylanders and Disney Infinity though.

LzWinky

unrandomsam wrote:

Except we don't know what they do yet. At least wait for some base for your accusations

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

Jazzer94 wrote:

Neogaf works fast.
Untitled

YOU WIN THE THREAD WITH THAT EPIC GIF!!!!!!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LucinaSmash

You can all thank me for the DLC, I recommended to Nintendo via Club Nintendo survey. I didn't specifically ask for Link, that credit goes to Nintendo or a different Club Nintendo member.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

unrandomsam

WaLzgi wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

Except we don't know what they do yet. At least wait for some base for your accusations

Doesn't change the basic principle. We know certain features are going to locked out without the toys.

(It could be made totally optional by just allowing it to store mii's and be used in its own games).

Captain_Toad

Undead_terror wrote:

Someone also made this!

The hype is on for all!

Heh, I was nearly expecting a This is Sparta remix from this.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Undead_terror

Captain_Toad wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Someone also made this!

The hype is on for all!

Heh, I was nearly expecting a This is Sparta remix from this.

Well we can have a sweet rave party to celebrate this event

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

mamp

OMG animal crossing based track is gonna be amazing I love this game and I love you guys. Oh gosh the tears.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Blast

mamp wrote:

OMG animal crossing based track is gonna be amazing I love this game and I love you guys. Oh gosh the tears.

cries tears of joy with you

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.