Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 DLC (official nintendo store)

Posts 101 to 120 of 307

Retro_on_theGo

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Yeah, but he's doing it for the sake of furthering his quest. Karting does absolutely nothing in his favor, much less saving Hyrule.

Implying he has any background or personality beyond "the hero of time" at all. Even Anouma admitted Link would never have any kind of character development.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

DefHalan

Octane wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

That is the real Nintendo UK Store.

Doesn't change the fact that to start with Mario Kart 8 has barely any content. (That is what other Publishers usually do by deliberately not providing much content and then charging for it later).

Plentiful characters
32 courses

So...what is missing?

The DLC of course. If you buy the base game you deserve all the content Nintendo has been withholding from you.

No. Because development time and money post-launch went into it. Based on this info and the quality of the courses in this game, probably a significant amount.

It's an excuse to make more money of a game. It's not as if they would charge you $80.00 for Mario Kart 8 if this content was included in the game from the beginning.

True, but it isn't like this content was created under the budget of the full game either. This is extra content they are providing us, so why shouldn't they charge? It isn't even like it was Day 1 DLC

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Joeynator3000

You don't even know how Amiibo is going to work in this game. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Jazzer94

Xiao_Pai wrote:

People complain in general, only thing I would complain about is if the DLC packs were pricey. I'm hoping they'll be about $5 or something over here.

Well that isn't going to happen sorry it's gonna be at least $10 per pack maybe a bit cheaper if a season pass happens.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Joeynator3000

DestinyMan wrote:

@Xiao_Pai: No, I don't. But that doesn't mean that I can't dream about what they might do.

Eh, I was kinda adding on to what you were saying, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Jazzer94

DLC is sold out on the store, who is even buying it lol.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DefHalan

Jazzer94 wrote:

DLC is sold out on the store, who is even buying it lol.

1 person... and they are going to sell it at a higher price

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Octane

DefHalan wrote:

Octane wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

That is the real Nintendo UK Store.

Doesn't change the fact that to start with Mario Kart 8 has barely any content. (That is what other Publishers usually do by deliberately not providing much content and then charging for it later).

Plentiful characters
32 courses

So...what is missing?

The DLC of course. If you buy the base game you deserve all the content Nintendo has been withholding from you.

No. Because development time and money post-launch went into it. Based on this info and the quality of the courses in this game, probably a significant amount.

It's an excuse to make more money of a game. It's not as if they would charge you $80.00 for Mario Kart 8 if this content was included in the game from the beginning.

True, but it isn't like this content was created under the budget of the full game either. This is extra content they are providing us, so why shouldn't they charge? It isn't even like it was Day 1 DLC

Nobody is forced to buy anything, they have all reason to charge you for DLC. It's just that I'm a little worried about the general attitude of the gaming industry lately. In this case they'll joke about how Capcom and EA are charging you for paid DLC, whilst Nintendo is doing exactly the same. And even though I prefer to get everything in a game on day one, I am not against DLC. However, looking at the gaming industry, the way DLC is used nowadays is far from acceptable, and the future of DLC doesn't look too bright either; often it is used as an excuse to make more money of an already expensive game. Nintendo isn't there yet, but don't forget, even Capcom started off with innocent DLC like this.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

TysonOfTime

Too serious to drive guys.
Untitled

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

LzWinky

At the same time, you're not paying $80 for the same game as for $60. You're effectively paying for extra content. Stop treating this like it's pure profit...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

epicmatt12302

The screenshots of the F-Zero track made my jaw drop!

epicmatt12302

3DS Friend Code: 2337-3746-2563 | Nintendo Network ID: epicmatt12302

Nintendo6400

I kinda hope we get a 2nd zelda character. I would say zelda, but screw that GANONDORF should take the wheel! XD

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

TysonOfTime

It's fine to be wary of DLC guys, no need to argue on that point. He said this DLC is fine, just that the attitude towards charging for DLC as a whole is pretty bad. I agree.

I'm totally buying this, but we should still be cautious and hope Nintendo doesn't start taking the wrong path into the DLC-filled future.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

6ch6ris6

RogueBologna wrote:

How has this not blown up all over the (video game section of the) internet yet?

yeah that's what i dont understand either. none mario-characters in a mario kart is insane

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Jmaster

@Kaze_Memaryu Jebus man, get over it. Stop acting like Link from, say, Skyward Sword actually travelled across dimensions to race with Mario while he should be out saving the world. He's not. Like Smash, Mario Kart is a 'dream match,' where characters from different timelines and universes can come together. In this case, Link from the Zelda universe. He's not Link from an actual Zelda game, he's not 'wasting time' it's just Link. A guy with a green hat who's playable in Mario Kart. Just 'cause.

Jmaster

MrWalkieTalkie

Jmaster wrote:

@Kaze_Memaryu Jebus man, get over it. Stop acting like Link from, say, Skyward Sword actually travelled across dimensions to race with Mario while he should be out saving the world. He's not. Like Smash, Mario Kart is a 'dream match,' where characters from different timelines and universes can come together. In this case, Link from the Zelda universe. He's not Link from an actual Zelda game, he's not 'wasting time' it's just Link. A guy with a green hat who's playable in Mario Kart. Just 'cause.

Exactly, since when did Mario Kart even make sense? Mario is racing against himself as a baby, himself in Metal Form, and now he'll soon race against himself in a Tanooki Suit.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

LzWinky

TysonOfTime wrote:

It's fine to be wary of DLC guys, no need to argue on that point. He said this DLC is fine, just that the attitude towards charging for DLC as a whole is pretty bad. I agree.

I'm totally buying this, but we should still be cautious and hope Nintendo doesn't start taking the wrong path into the DLC-filled future.

Why should we not pay for extra content? It requires work and money just like any game. Heck, I dare argue that DLC can be considered a separate product

With that said, I don't endorse the sleezy cut content then sell it separate

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.