Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 981 to 1,000 of 3,745

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

981. Posted:

@Rosalina Technically, I think it looks like the row would be added at the top as there's a dark overlay at the bottom where text / button explanations would go, but I do think there's room for another row.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

BusterRed123

982. Posted:

Probobly...Hopefully...

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

983. Posted:

I hope this roster is just temporary as well. There was the demo roster from last year during E3, but that one was obviously too small and didn't have any question marks.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Blast

984. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Here's a look at the roster.
Untitled
I think that last unknown spot is Mii, so it's just the question of what those two characters after the baby characters are.

Its.... King Boo and Petey Piranha. Those guys were in Double Dash. Bowser Jr. isn't coming back.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

brewsky

985. Posted:

Blast wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
I think that last unknown spot is Mii, so it's just the question of what those two characters after the baby characters are.

Its.... King Boo and Petey Piranha. Those guys were in Double Dash. Bowser Jr. isn't coming back.

I kinda wish they'd stop shoehorning Petey Pirahna into these games. When was his last actual appearance?

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

Blast

986. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

Blast wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

I kinda wish they'd stop shoehorning Petey Pirahna into these games. When was his last actual appearance?

I THINK.... Petey was in either Super Mario Sunshine OR Mario Galaxy. King Boo has been everywhere from Super Mario 3D Land to Luigi's Mansion 3D to Super Mario 3D World.

AuthorMessage

brewsky

987. Posted:

Blast wrote:

I THINK.... Petey was in either Super Mario Sunshine OR Mario Galaxy. King Boo has been everywhere from Super Mario 3D Land to Luigi's Mansion 3D to Super Mario 3D World.

Petey was in Sunshine, and had lookalikes in both Galaxies. More so the first, with Dino Pirahna. But it's not Petey.

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

AuthorMessage

Blast

988. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

Blast wrote:

Petey was in Sunshine, and had lookalikes in both Galaxies. More so the first, with Dino Pirahna. But it's not Petey.

I would still prefer Petey over Bowser Jr. :)

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

989. Posted:

I think the most obvious point is that this still isn't finalized. Character code can still be in the game without them having a roster spot, here, yet. I'd also like to point out that this game doesn't even come close to suffering the same limitations of roster space that Smash might have to deal with. I'm personally very shocked at the lack of DK representation. I'm hoping at the very least that DK and Funky return, though I'd be cool with Funky being dropped to make room for other DK characters. Just so they don't feel so neglected. Keep in mind, they've got... what? 26 gigs of space to work with? And Nintendo's the master of VG compression, so that's a LOT of space for characters. And since this is Mario Kart, and not something with super high hardcore competitive potential, like Smash, balance is hardly even an issue.

I dunno. I could just easily see them going up to the next square of 49, if they wanted to. I think it'd be odd for them not to at least have King Boo, Bowser Jr., Diddy, and Miis in this game, so I'm guessing the first three fill those spots and Miis are tacked on somewhere, when available, like they were in MK Wii.

Also, Petey Piranha's most recent appearance outside of Mario Kart was in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Just wanted to point that out. It doesn't mean anything by any means. But I just wanted to point that out.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

What a horrible night for a curse...

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

990. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Untitled
Glorious!!!

Good lord. That looks frikkin' amazing, possibly the most gorgeous looking toon based racer i've ever seen 10x taco infinity. zoink! Really... I'm sorry, but i don't need a better looking mario kart. Nintendo realises how important 60fps is, unlike the goober heads down at sega who plunked Sega Team racing in 30fps just so they could achieve more detail....

Anyways,this is going to look absolutely amazing on my new 55" 2014 LED(RIP plasma for 2015) i plan on getting in less than a month. If anything, i'm disappointed by the lack of game pad features...

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

991. Posted:

@UGXwolf Well DK is already in and Diddy will very likely be also, seeing as Funky was so popular in MKWii he has a good chance of returning but Cranky or Dixie may get his spot.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Datasun_7

992. Posted:

Birdo and dry bowser are also most likely coming back judging by posters/emblems found

Looking forward to: Far cry 4, infamous first light, bayo 2, sm4sh and Lbp3
Playing: Mario kart 8, infamous second son, tomb raider definitive and MH3U

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

AuthorMessage

jariw

993. Posted:

DreamyViridi wrote:

That picture just reminds me of how far Mario Kart has come and how I feel it evolved in the Mushroom Kingdom. At first it was a fun little hobby/pastime (Super, 64, Super Circuit) for the Mario crew; but then it became something bigger than that, a social event of sorts (Double Dash, DS). Then it became a tradition (Wii, 7), and now it's a full-on sport! (Mario Kart 8)

I love it!

I'd say that MK8 is the first Mario Kart game where the artistic intentions by Nintendo can start to bloom without being so limited by the technology. Using re-recorded music tracks by "live" musicians makes so much sense for this version.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Project CARS, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

994. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Untitled
Glorious!!!

Good lord. That looks frikkin' amazing, possibly the most gorgeous looking toon based racer i've ever seen 10x taco infinity. zoink! Really... I'm sorry, but i don't need a better looking mario kart. Nintendo realises how important 60fps is, unlike the goober heads down at Sumo Digital who plunked Sega Team racing in 30fps just so they could achieve more detail....

Anyways,this is going to look absolutely amazing on my new 55" 2014 LED(RIP plasma for 2015) i plan on getting in less than a month. If anything, i'm disappointed by the lack of game pad features...

Fixed.

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, HASHTAG

I got my 3DS back from repair!!

"Who the hell do you think I am?!"

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Pinnacle of Human Achievement

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

995. Posted:

N64 Toad's Turnpike Wii U and N64 comparison:

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Booboos35

996. Posted:

I'd love them to bring back Bowser Jr. Diddy, Birdo, Dry Bones, Dry Bowser, King Boo, Petey Pirhanna, and Mii.

Booboos35

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

997. Posted:

I can tell Petey Piranha will not be returning.
He was a big thing back in the days of the Sunshine Generation but then he lost that popularity as time flew by.
Rosalina seems to have replaced him as the Generation Spin-Off Character and Metal Mario's making a comeback too.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Dbwesz

998. Posted:

I hope for nabbit :)

Dbwesz

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

999. Posted:

I haven't seen much or any discussion about the battle mode in this game lately. I imagine the battle mode is going to be very good this time. I don't want to be restricted to teams only and I want to have an option instead. I also hope for huge battle courses like what Mario Kart Wii had.

What retro battle courses would you like? I'd like a battle course from Super Mario Kart, N64 Double Decker, GCN Luigi's Mansion, Wii Funky Stadium, and 3DS Wuhu Town.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

brewsky

1,000. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

What retro battle courses would you like? I'd like a battle course from Super Mario Kart, N64 Double Decker, GCN Luigi's Mansion, Wii Funky Stadium, and 3DS Wuhu Town.

SNES Battle Course 2 (the water/beach one)
N64 Double Decker
3DS Wuhu Town

At the very least.

Now playing: