Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 881 to 900 of 3,745

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

881. Posted:

It'd be cool if they add Nabbit.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

882. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I hope someone uses that video as proof that this is a bigger leap in graphics than other game consoles.

yes I am suggesting someone will use N64 to Wii U to try to prove Wii U is better because it's a bigger jump than PS3 to Ps4.

Alternatively you could just point to Mario Kart 8 running at 60fps, HD resolutions, all of the shiny with two player split screen. Then point to the PS4 and its complete lack of any split screen multiplayer games as well as the general trend towards 30fps just to keep the visuals up. Drop the mic, walk away.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

883. Posted:

skywake wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I hope someone uses that video as proof that this is a bigger leap in graphics than other game consoles.

yes I am suggesting someone will use N64 to Wii U to try to prove Wii U is better because it's a bigger jump than PS3 to Ps4.

Alternatively you could just point to Mario Kart 8 running at 60fps, HD resolutions, all of the shiny with two player split screen. Then point to the PS4 and its complete lack of any split screen multiplayer games as well as the general trend towards 30fps just to keep the visuals up. Drop the mic, walk away.

>the joke

>you

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

884. Posted:

Mario Kart is awesome. Dun forget it! Stop complaining about what you don't have. I like Mario Kart

Edited on by Unca_Lz

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AkinaChan

885. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

It'd be cool if they add Nabbit.

This.

It would make sense too cuz Marios always, like, trying to catch up to Nabbit. That would be 20% cooler with cars and bikes involved ;D

My hype for Smash Bros. 4 is Officially OVER 9,000!!!!!! >8D

Though I still got plenty of hype left over for Mario Kart 8, Persona Q, Yarn Yoshi, anddddd Sonic Boom ;D

3DS Friend Code: 1177-7152-3910 | Nintendo Network ID: Mokkori-ChanXYZ

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Squid

886. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Mario Kart is awesome. Dun forget it! Stop complaining about what you don't have. I like Mario Kart

Untitled

;)

Edited on by Squid

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

887. Posted:

which character do you guys plan on selecting first?.... It's wendy all the way for this WaveBurger. ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

888. Posted:

Iggy Koopa all the way!
Untitled

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

jariw

889. Posted:

mystman12 wrote:

Does anyone think Retro will get to design another DK track? The one that did for Mario Kart 7 was great, and a Tropical Freeze track would be (and look!) amazing. Especially if David Wise composed the music for it!

Retro is not involved in the DK 8 development. Resources from Retro were added to the MK 7 team to be ready in time for the 2011 holiday season.

If Tropical Freeze courses would be added to MK8, Nintendo would adapt the visuals and music to the MK 8 style, which would be an interesting mix. Some of the David Wise soundtracks for Tropical Freeze (specially world 2) would sound much better with a live-musician treatment as in MK8. Looking back on the path the Nintendo music department (not counting composers-for-hire-projects like Tropical Freeze) has been following during the past 7 years, I think the main target Nintendo is aiming at right now is a complete Zelda HD game with a full live-symphonic soundtrack.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Project CARS, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SDDMN

890. Posted:

Anyone looking forward to voice chat in MK8 might want to forget about it, it looks like the game won't have it. Just a warning to those wanting voice chat, though I don't know if there really was anyone here who was expecting MK8 to have the feature in the first place.

Anyways, bring on May 30th!

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=225697

SDDMN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

891. Posted:

SDDMN wrote:

Anyone looking forward to voice chat in MK8 might want to forget about it, it looks like the game won't have it. Just a warning to those wanting voice chat, though I don't know if there really was anyone here who was expecting MK8 to have the feature in the first place.

Anyways, bring on May 30th!

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=225697

Thank goodness, I am glad I won't have random people yelling at me online.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DestinyMan

892. Posted:

@mystman12: Since Retro Studios isn't involved in Mario Kart 8, I doubt there will be a Tropical Freeze track, unfortunately. It's not impossible, but it's not likely.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brewsky

893. Posted:

SDDMN wrote:

Anyone looking forward to voice chat in MK8 might want to forget about it, it looks like the game won't have it. Just a warning to those wanting voice chat, though I don't know if there really was anyone here who was expecting MK8 to have the feature in the first place.

Anyways, bring on May 30th!

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=225697

Not really a deal breaker, I end up muting everyone half the time anyways.

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

894. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

which character do you guys plan on selecting first?.... It's wendy all the way for this WaveBurger. ;)

Hopefully Koopa and Paratroopa are coming back cuz I will gladly play as them!
If they aren't in the game....
Just gimme Peach!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DestinyMan

895. Posted:

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

896. Posted:

Starting with Yoshi. I always do.

And what retro track am I missing? I thought we were still short two of them.

And what else am I missing? When was voice chat ever on the table?

Oh, and I would like to point out what GameXplain did in their MK8 discussion. We have no new DK track and no new ice track. This doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot, but It's still worth pointing out.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

What a horrible night for a curse...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DestinyMan

897. Posted:

No new DK track at all? That's too bad. I hope there's a new Wario track, then.

I've noticed that Mario Kart 8 is deviating from the rest of the series in that there's not that many tracks that are specific to a character, such as DK Jungle and Wario's Shipyard from the last game. There's Toad Harbor (which honestly looks like a Peach track to me because of the statue of liberty parody), the standard Mario Circuit, Shy Guy Falls, and the upcoming new Bowser's Castle. What I'm pointing out is that there's more tracks that are not character-based, like Cloudtop Cruise or Sweet Sweet Canyon, if you get what I mean.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

898. Posted:

@DestinyMan They meant /yet/. We still haven't seen a new DK track or a new ice track, so a Tropical Freeze track isn't all that far-fetched. Doesn't mean anything for sure, but it's a valid speculation.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

What a horrible night for a curse...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

899. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

No new DK track at all? That's too bad. I hope there's a new Wario track, then.

I've noticed that Mario Kart 8 is deviating from the rest of the series in that there's not that many tracks that are specific to a character, such as DK Jungle and Wario's Shipyard from the last game. There's Toad Harbor (which honestly looks like a Peach track to me because of the statue of liberty parody), the standard Mario Circuit, Shy Guy Falls, and the upcoming new Bowser's Castle. What I'm pointing out is that there's more tracks that are not character-based, like Cloudtop Cruise or Sweet Sweet Canyon, if you get what I mean.

INTERESTING... There still are some character themed tracks.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

900. Posted:

So my local Gamestop is already filled with some Mario Kart 8 advertising things, so that's cool. The entire window to the right of the entrance essentially a gigantic Wii U ad for everyone to see.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/