Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 861 to 880 of 3,745

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

861. Posted:

that sounds like the same type of idiot that keeps animated shows and movies as automatically perceived as "kiddie" in the year 2014. Which is about as ancient an opinion at this point as thinking the Earth is flat.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

862. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

A friend of mine said MK8's visuals were bland and the game overall looks 'meh'

Compared to what?

Didn't ask. But this is the same guy that said Mario Kart Wii was god awful compared to LittleBigPlant Racing...
He's just hating blindly. I know i can be a bit of a nintendo snob 'these days' but i've owned everything from the genesis, game gear, saturn, dreamcast, PS1(ect) outside of Nintendo throughout the years and i'm now looking to get an Atari 2600 & PS2. it's safe to say that i've given other consoles quite a fair shake up until the XBOX 360 and PS3.

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

863. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

that sounds like the same type of idiot that keeps animated shows and movies as automatically perceived as "kiddie" in the year 2014. Which is about as ancient an opinion at this point as thinking the Earth is flat.

This, i cannot stand. Yet it's pretty common with tweenagers these days. Heck, i've heard the same thing from a couple of my uncles, even my mother at one point. "Grow up, cartoons are for children" LMAO, i've been drawing since i was 3 years old, i'm an artist.....What cartoonist for example doesn't enjoy cartoons? it comes with the bloody territory for crying out loud, otherwise they wouldn't be pursuing that passion & career.lol

My mom's side of the family are old OLD school though and are oblivious to the film and gaming industry. This particular friend of mind however doesn't think this way, he just can't seem to fathom nintendo doing anything good. He's also never played an NES, N64(outside of hating mario 64 and Zelda OOT), GCN, Wii, GB, GBA, DS or 3DS game in his life. He only gushes over his select nostalgia SNES trips, with Super Mario World, Zelda ALTTP and Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts(ect) but he wont even bother playing anything else from these franchises, let alone on the SNES these days. not much of a gamer at all really. He talks more about console sales which i find infuriating....Continuously taking jabs at how poor the Wii U is selling. Now, the gamecube(discounting the dreamcast) sold the least out of it's generation yet i enjoyed it the most because the majority of it's games Vs the other two consoles appealed to me a lot more.

Sales don't determine how much fun i have with a game/system.. The Wii U as of now seems to have a lot of wonderful 1st party offerings and innovative gamepad to back it up, it's doing piss poor in sales but i'd glady take it over the PS4 and XBOX One for the same exact reason i mentioned above about the gamecube.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

864. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Didn't ask. But this is the same guy that said Mario Kart Wii was god awful compared to LittleBigPlant Racing...

Ô_o'

Ask him to point out the game he thinks has the best art direction out of these the next time you see him:
Karting game Comparison

If he answers anything other than Sega & Sonic: ASRT or Mario Kart 8 he is a lost cause :c

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

865. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Ô_o'

Ask him to point out the game he thinks has the best art direction out of these the next time you see him:
Karting game Comparison

If he answers anything other than Sega & Sonic: ASRT or Mario Kart 8 he is a lost cause :c

It wouldn't matter, Ratchet & Clank and LBP Racing are sony exclusives, there for they win. I rarely ever bring up video games whenever we talk because the amount of absurd pixel poop that comes out of his mouth would make any true gamer cringe beyond belief. :P

I was appauled by his Wind Waker HD hating, complaining about how ugly, bland and empty the visuals look. I for one think it looks gorgeous, Nintendo are top class and unparalleled when it comes to sheer art direction. It's a beaut' ;) I shouldn't get too worked up though, this is coming from the same guy who plays nothing but Online Battlefield whenever he has the spare time to game.

Anyways! I'm finally going to play Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS tomorrow, a little late as always and always one massive step behind. But eh, better late than never. :P

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

BusterRed123

866. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Ô_o'

Karting game Comparison

It wouldn't matter, Ratchet & Clank and LBP Racing are sony exclusives, there for they win. I rarely ever bring up video games whenever we talk because the amount of absurd pixel poop that comes out of his mouth would make any true gamer cringe beyond belief. :P

I was appauled by his Wind Waker HD hating, complaining about how ugly, bland and empty the visuals look. I for one think it looks gorgeous, Nintendo are top class and unparalleled when it comes to sheer art direction. It's a beaut' ;) I shouldn't get too worked up though, this is coming from the same guy who plays nothing but Online Battlefield whenever he has the spare time to game.

Anyways! I'm finally going to play Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS tomorrow, a little late as always and always one massive step behind. But eh, better late than never. :P

I don't like it when people say Nintendo Is for kids. It's just like MLP and BRONYS. You can love or like anything. It doesn't matter if their games are marketed for kids. You can still be a Nintendo Fan.

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

867. Posted:

Mario Kart 8 looks so good that it makes me really disappointed about 3D World.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

skywake

868. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

Apparently the local multiplayer looks a bit different in this version. Screens aren't shared horizontally anymore;
Untitled

Well of course, it makes sense. Mario Kart Wii was the last Kart game where it was reasonable to expect that a fair chunk of people would be playing it on 4:3 screens. A vertical split doesn't make sense at 4:3 because that sort of extreme vertical view looks odd. The Wii U bundles with HDMI cables and is build for HD gaming. At this point there's no reason for them to keep 4:3 screen owners happy.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

869. Posted:

I just learned that Toad's Factory wasn't in this game after all. Since the February Direct I always thought it was because of a screenshot that really reminded me of it, but it wasn't it. So there's only one unknown retro track left. I say it's either a retro Bowser's Castle or a fourth 3DS track.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Dupree520

870. Posted:

What are some of the characters left, you would still like to see included? With the character roster already at 27, I think a few inclusions like, Bower Jr, Kamek, Birdo, and Diddy Kong would round out the list nicely.

SSB
New First Party: Captain N The Game Master, Ganon, King Hippo,
Third Party: Simon Belmont, Bomberman,
Returning Characters: Ness, Ice Climbers, Mr Game and Watch, R.O.B,

AuthorMessage

mamp

871. Posted:

So anyone else think of Wreck it Ralph when seeing sweet sweet canyon?

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

872. Posted:

mamp wrote:

So anyone else think of Wreck it Ralph when seeing sweet sweet canyon?

Honestly, who hasn't at this point?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

873. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

I just learned that Toad's Factory wasn't in this game after all. Since the February Direct I always thought it was because of a screenshot that really reminded me of it, but it wasn't it. So there's only one unknown retro track left. I say it's either a retro Bowser's Castle or a fourth 3DS track.

Please don't say a retro Bowser Track. Wario Colosseum is a perfect choice for an anti-gravity track.

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (both)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors
One Piece Unlimited World Red

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

vonboy89

874. Posted:

Dupree520 wrote:

What are some of the characters left, you would still like to see included? With the character roster already at 27, I think a few inclusions like, Bower Jr, Kamek, Birdo, and Diddy Kong would round out the list nicely.

A few more obscure characters wold be great, such as E. Gadd, or Wart.

vonboy89

AuthorMessage

mystman12

875. Posted:

Does anyone think Retro will get to design another DK track? The one that did for Mario Kart 7 was great, and a Tropical Freeze track would be (and look!) amazing. Especially if David Wise composed the music for it!

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage

skywake

876. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

That's assuming we trust GameExplain's reading destinations in Sunshine Airport. And that those are indeed retro tracks.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

877. Posted:

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

878. Posted:

I hope someone uses that video as proof that this is a bigger leap in graphics than other game consoles.

yes I am suggesting someone will use N64 to Wii U to try to prove Wii U is better because it's a bigger jump than PS3 to Ps4.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Dupree520

879. Posted:

vonboy89 wrote:

Dupree520 wrote:

A few more obscure characters wold be great, such as E. Gadd, or Wart.

Wart would actually be a good throwback.

SSB
New First Party: Captain N The Game Master, Ganon, King Hippo,
Third Party: Simon Belmont, Bomberman,
Returning Characters: Ness, Ice Climbers, Mr Game and Watch, R.O.B,

AuthorMessage

Blast

880. Posted:

I want this game..... NOW.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9