Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Posts 841 to 860 of 4,912

Datasun_7

Just pre-ordered that limited edition bundle from Nintendo's UK store, makes no sense getting the limited edition version from anywhere else. What with the couple extras that come with it.
Very excited, the spiney shell can sit next to my figma samus and figma link

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Booboos35

I wish I was in the UK so I could get that blue shell Hopefully they announce some cool prizes for club nintendo MK8 related.

The King Of Strong Style

4cat

Dbwesz wrote:

hopefully they will come with aswell lots of DLC i don't care to pay for it, as long as it is an fair price and a lot of Content >D, i know i dream a lot , im just so so soooo hyped counting days, hours, minutes and even seconds XD

Yep im hoping for dlc as well. Free would be amazing but i would definitely pay for it

4cat

Dbwesz

yep, a cup pro DLC maybe some kartparts and a character or 2 will be nice, pay something like5$ until 10$ , i bet for it please nintentdo !

Dbwesz

2Pac

I bet they will have DLC. Mario Golf will have paid courses...Maybe for Mario Kart too.

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

Booboos35

DLC! I'd love DLC so much. Maybe more players, karts and definitiley courses. Maybe another game mode too, who knows.

The King Of Strong Style

NinjaWaddleDee

I would love some dlc for this game after release to support it! My ideal pricing: $10 - One four course cup. $3- new character. Would be sweet if new courses were available to everyone online so as to not split the community. However, to play them offline you should pay.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

2Pac

10$ is too much. I vote 4$ Course Pack. 2$ Character Pack. And maybe...10$ New Mode.

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

4cat

I think 10 is reasonable for 4 maps, you gotta realize how much work goes into those maps. Plus they would prolly include a new character or kart as well 10 is nothing compared to the 30 you will pay for mgs ground zeroes. (For those that have another console lol). I like the idea of everyone having access to them in online, but it simply wouldnt work because after you beat the single player, most people are only going to play multiplayer so nobody would buy it xD

4cat

BenAV

Please no DLC, unless it's free.
I don't want to pay extra to have everything, I have other games to buy too.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

DefHalan

BenAV wrote:

If they do it right not buying DLC shouldn't negatively affect you

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Yoshi

With consideration to the fact that in a $60 Mario Kart game, there are 8 cups (maybe an extra???), a full blown battle mode, online functionality in place, and the engine already functional, to design a new 4 course cup for the purposes of paid DLC wouldn't be that hard as it seems.

Therefore, with all the features of Mario Kart 8 costing $60, 4 course cup DLC should be no more than $5.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch) | Ever Oasis (3DS) | Stardew Valley (PC)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Blast

The DLC would hafta be free. DLC for Mario Kart 8 isn't the same for Fire Emblem: Awakening's DLC. I don't think most people would even spend more than $3 bucks for a track for Mario Kart 8.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

BenAV

DefHalan wrote:

BenAV wrote:

If they do it right not buying DLC shouldn't negatively affect you

It'll make it feel like my game's not quite complete, like I'm missing out on something.
Unless whatever is added doesn't apply to online multiplayer, then I don't care because it's like why bother?

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

The DLC would hafta be free. DLC for Mario Kart 8 isn't the same for Fire Emblem: Awakening's DLC. I don't think most people would even spend more than $3 bucks for a track for Mario Kart 8.

You've never played a lot of racing games have you? dLC in terms of cars and tracks tend to sell pretty well for those genre.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

The DLC would hafta be free.

pfft

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

UGXwolf

Guys, this is Nintendo we're talking about, here. If they're gonna do DLC, they're gonna do it right. 2 (or 4) full blown cups, 1 (or 2) regular and 1 (or 2) retro, a new kart and a new bike for every size class and at least 4 new characters, and not all of it is unlocked upon buying the DLC, as you have to unlock stuff, possibly excluding the first two cups. It's gonna cost $30, but unlike NSLU, there won't likely be a physical disc for it. And there may even be a special deal to knock down the price a bit for players that have really sunk some serious time into the game, depending on how the Rusty's Baseball thing works out.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Dbwesz

I dont care as long as it is good content, i will pay doesnt matter the price

Dbwesz

SCRAPPER392

So I'm still thinking that Mario Kart 8 will allow 12 players via WLAN. If you go onto the eShop, it says 1-12 players. If you go to other online multiplayer games(i.e. Mass Effect 3, CoD, etc.), it only says how many players can play locally, but not online.

EDIT: Also, WLAN is required in order to play local 4 player CoD.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

UGXwolf

Dbwesz wrote:

I dont care as long as it is good content, i will pay doesnt matter the price

Alright. It's gonna be 8 of the most amazing tracks you've ever seen, and it'll even bring back more items from old games. Not to mention four more battle stages, again split down the middle between new and old.

Buuuuut, that's gonna run you $200.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic