Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 841 to 860 of 4,068

AuthorMessage

BlueBlurIxM

841. Posted:

@DestinyMan
I was trying to embed it, but doesn't really worked.
It seems like this forum doesn't like me. Nothing like this works. :3
Edit: Never mind. I tried it again.. And it worked. I definitely get trolled here. xD
I edited the Video out because it is unnecessary now.

Edited on by BlueBlurIxM

Rings! Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom!

AuthorMessage

Booboos35

842. Posted:

If you've watched that GameXplain video, what do you think that cannon box/speaker like item will do?

Booboos35

AuthorMessage

BlueBlurIxM

843. Posted:

Booboos35 wrote:

If you've watched that GameXplain video, what do you think that cannon box/speaker like item will do?

Probably what he said in the video.
Blowing away items away and/or stun(spinning) other racers that get hit by it.
^^

AuthorMessage

brewsky

844. Posted:

Bambeezie wrote:

I'm curious if you will be able to jump off the left barrier at the beginning of N64 rainbow road for a nice short cut like you used to be able to.

Nope, you stay close to the ground this time.

Also, here's an IGN video comparing the N64's Rainbow Road to Mario Kart 8's retro remake. This give the 60 FPS justice. Be sure to watch in HD for full effect, it is incredible.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NcpK0_f1whs

Now playing:
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) | Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS) | UP NEXT: Fantasy Life (3DS - Out on October 24)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

BlueBlurIxM

845. Posted:

You should watch it on IGN. YT doesn't support 60fps as far as I know. :)
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/mario-kart-8-is-gorgeo...

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

846. Posted:

You know what, I think I like some of the new tracks as well. Particularly Shy Guy Falls and Water Park.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

847. Posted:

Let's have a quick look at retro courses! What do we know?

Shell Cup:
Moo Moo Meadows (Wii)
Cheep Cheep Beach (DS)
Mario Circuit (GBA)
Toad's Turnpike (N64)

Banana Cup:
Dry Dry Desert (GCN)
Donut Plains 3 (SNES)
Royal Raceway (N64)
DK Jungle (3DS)

Leaf Cup: (Here's where things get sticky. We don't have proof of what's in this cup, so I'm just gonna set what I think is here in here, and some of them are unconfirmed, yes.)
Sherbet Land (GCN)
Yoshi Canyon (N64)
Grumble Volcano (Wii)

Lightning Cup:
Melody Motorway (3DS)
Tick Tock Clock (DS)
Rainbow Road (N64)

So, we still have three spots open. A few other numbers:
SNES remakes/total courses: 9/20 (I think we'll see one more of these. I'll list what hasn't been used, later.)
N64 remakes/total courses: 15/16 (Wario Stadium is the only one open, but it's not up for debate, as we already have four N64 courses in this game.)
GBA remakes/total courses: 8/20 (I also think we'll see another one of these. I'll list options below.)
GCN remakes/total courses: 12/16 (I'll list open options below, as per usual, but we may not see another one of these.)
DS remakes/total courses: 10/16 (Ditto)
Wii remakes/total courses: 6/16 (Ditto)

SO! What hasn't been used? What's still available for a retro course? Well, Wario Stadium sure as heck isn't. But what else?

Super Mario Kart: Mario Circuit 4, Donut Plains 2, Ghost Valley 1, Ghost Valley 3, Bowser's Castle 1, Bowser's Castle 2, Bowser's Castle 3, Choco Island 1, Koopa Beach 1, Vanilla Lake 1, Vanilla Lake 2
If you ask me, we're long overdue for a Bowser's Castle from this game. There's three of them and we don't even have one. Throw this bad boy in the Leaf Cup at the end, or something.

Mario Kart: Super Circuit: Riverside Park, Boo Lake, Cheese Land, Snow Land, Ribbon Road, Yoshi Desert, Lakeside Park, Broken Pier, Bowser Castle 4, Rainbow Road, Cheep-Cheep Island, Sunset Wilds
This one has so many courses left, it's practically tearing up at the thought of only having one rep, in this game. I would love to speculate, but honestly, all I can say is that Bowser Castle 4 and Rainbow Road are extremely unlikely. I haven't played this game, so that's really all I can tell you.

Mario Kart Wii: Luigi Circuit, Toad's Factory, Mario Circuit, DK Summit, Wario's Gold Mine, Daisy Circuit, Dry Dry Ruins, Moonview Highway, Bowser's Castle, Rainbow Road
While I don't think we'll see one from this game, it's still worth looking into. I'd like to see a remake of Dry Dry Ruins or Wario's Gold Mine, myself.

Mario Kart DS: Figure-8 Circuit, Shroom Ridge, Mario Circuit, Wario Stadium, Bowser's Castle, Rainbow Road
Again, I don't think this one will get another course, but if it does, it'll probably be the Figure-8 Circuit (and most likely, it'll take the spot of the GBA course that won't be there.)

Mario Kart 7: Toad Circuit, Daisy Hills, Cheep Cheep Cape, Shy Guy Bazaar, Wuhu Loop, Mario Circuit, Alpine Pass, Piranha Plant Pipeway, Wario's Galleon, Koopa City, Wuhu Mountain Loop, Rosalina's Ice World, Bowser Castle, Rainbow Road
I feel like this game could use more rep, but there doesn't appear to be any more room for it, so here it is.

Mario Kart Double Dash: Mushroom City, Wario Colosseum, Bowser's Castle, Rainbow Road
This one's in the same boat as the N64 one. There's so few left, that I can't imagine them blowing any more of it here. Difference is, the N64 game only has one course left, and is in all four cups, already.

Mario Kart 64: Wario Stadium
Yup. Only one left. And it's a Wario stage. I sense we won't be seeing this until Mario Kart 9, but let's not get ahead of ourselves! I have another idea to discuss.

So, what does this lead me to?
Does anyone think we may see 10 cups, soon, rather than the usual 8? Curious question, I'm sure, but think about it: The Wii U has way more disc storage than the previous games were able to get a hold of, and there are becoming more and more and more games to make remake levels off of. Lord knows, many of the games that only got two reps, this time around, could certainly use more, and another Retro cup could fill that spot quite nicely.

Of course, I'm not suggesting this happens now. It might. But it might happen next game, or the game after that. What do you guys think? And do you think both new cups will be retro cups, normal cups, or one of each?

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

mystman12

848. Posted:

I just really, really want Wario Colliseum!

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

849. Posted:

If Wario Colosseum isn't revealed, I'm going to be very upset. It seems like a perfect choice for the anti-gravity mechanic.

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

ZB42

850. Posted:

Man, I want to get this day one, but am conflicted as I have so many others to play. I will get it eventually, though. We'll see if I can withstand the hype.

NNID: Z.Beeblebrox

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

851. Posted:

Made some comparison screens, enjoy:

Screen #1

Screen #2

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

852. Posted:

I love how happy and excited Shy Guy sounds when he's racing. It's adorable.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

camerica1618

853. Posted:

I'm still really hoping that there will be more than the usual 8 cups in this game. The WiiU is obviously capable of it. I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't add them in. I mean didn't Super Circuit have more than 32 tracks? I'll honestly be somewhat disappointed if we don't get more than 8. I think it's about time to add more.

camerica1618

AuthorMessage

Blast

854. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

Screen #1

Screen #2

What a pretty game :D

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

855. Posted:

camerica1618 wrote:

I'm still really hoping that there will be more than the usual 8 cups in this game. The WiiU is obviously capable of it. I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't add them in. I mean didn't Super Circuit have more than 32 tracks? I'll honestly be somewhat disappointed if we don't get more than 8. I think it's about time to add more.

40, IIRC, but half of those were copy-pasted from Super Mario Kart, so there was no real creative process involved. Even so, there may, in fact, be 10 cups, but we do know that Rainbow Road (N64) is going to be in the Lightning Cup, so it doesn't look good for this theory.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

Dinosaurs

856. Posted:

Blast wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Screen #1

Screen #2

MK8 is doing to Wii what MK7 did to DS graphically

What a pretty game :D

Dinosaurs

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

857. Posted:

Apparently the local multiplayer looks a bit different in this version. Screens aren't shared horizontally anymore;
Untitled

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

858. Posted:

A friend of mine(total PS3 western gamer fanboy who plays nothing but interactive movies)and who has only ever owned an SNES outside the PS3) said MK8's visuals were bland and the game overall looks 'meh' good lord is he wrong. game play is the most important thing here, but MK8 is visually breathtaking. :O The same guy is always 'mehing' SM3D World, SSB U, Yoshi's Yarn, Zelda WW(said the visuals look ugly...This i can't wrap my head around), Pikmn 3 and every other Nintendo Wii U hit out there.....I need new gamer friends, sigh* At least some with rational thinking and actually have a proper history of playing video games. :P Who jumps from an SNES and THEN to a PS3?....yup, nice big giant gap inbetween of total missed out 'nothingness' and acts like he knows his pixels and bits.lol

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

859. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

A friend of mine said MK8's visuals were bland and the game overall looks 'meh'

Compared to what?

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

860. Posted:

that sounds like the same type of idiot that keeps animated shows and movies as automatically perceived as "kiddie" in the year 2014. Which is about as ancient an opinion at this point as thinking the Earth is flat.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!