Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 821 to 840 of 3,737

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

821. Posted:

Other quotes from the Konno and Yabuki interview with GameSpot from a GDC round-table last month:

Konno on the game’s visuals…

“We’re working with HD for the first time, and we really wanted to take advantage of that. The last console version was Mario Kart Wii, which was released in 2008, so it was about six years ago. And during those six years, we were able to incorporate a lot of technology in our development process, but especially on the graphics side. So we put a lot of effort into making this a good looking game–it’s a very pretty game.”

“This time with the power of the Wii U we really made an effort to keep that graphic quality high regardless of how many ways we were splitting the TV into.

Yabuki also talking about the game’s graphics…

“We’ve also been able to show movement on the [karts and bikes] that we haven’t seen before. We’re seeing bounding, we’re seeing different parts of the kart move, we’re seeing dirt on the tires, we’re seeing skidmarks left on the course–again I think we've done a good job of utilizing that graphical power.”

“Using the power of the Wii U, we were able to create a Mario Kart title that feels right, and the controls feel like they’re perfect for this game.”

“We were able to harness the power of the Wii U to get a huge polygon count, and we were able to make courses that involved a lot of undulating, moving surfaces. We've also done a lot of work with the character animations. If you look at Mario and the Koopalings and all the characters, you’re seeing a level and range of animation that you've never seen before.”

Konno on how the team went to great lengths to ensure that Mario Kart 8 is a well-balanced game…

“Game balance is also another really important element of Mario Kart that we look very closely at and place a lot of value on. From the time we start working on development, thousands of times, maybe even tens of thousands of times, we adjust that balance when we’re playing. At the end we come up with what we hope and feel is a really good balance. It’s our strong hope that folks would want to play with the items as we have balanced them.”

“We do hear, and a lot of people out there say it, that Mario Kart is all about luck. That if you’re at the front then you’ll get hit with a blue shell, so it’s all about luck. That feature is not random–it doesn’t just happen. There is a lot of adjustment and there is a lot of thought and effort put into that system, and developing it in a way that actually promotes game balance. I would hope people understand that as well.”

Konno on how Nintendo’s ambition for Mario Kart 8 was to create a game that captures the essence of every entry in the beloved series that has come before it…

“We really wanted this game to be a representation of all the games that came before it. We wanted to summarize and bring together all the elements of the series into this title.”

Edited on by DestinyMan

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

822. Posted:

I was hoping for Mushroom City, but Toad's Turnpike blows Mushroom City out of the water!!! I can't contain all my excitement!!! :D

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (both)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors
One Piece Unlimited World Red

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

823. Posted:

If you think the remastered N64 Rainbow Road is grand, the new Rainbow Road might be absolutely epic.

From Mario Kart 8 director Kosuke Yabuki to GameSpot.

“One thing I do want to mention is Rainbow Road, that final course. We really want you to look forward to what we've done to it this time because it’s something else. It’s really spectacular.”

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

BlueBlurIxM

824. Posted:

Dragonfly224 wrote:

Gamexplain does WONDERFUL work.
Can't wait for this game! I really wanted these 3 maps to be in though: Coconut Mall, Wario's Gold Mine & Waluigi Pinball. Oh well, still Day 1 buy for me.
I got my Moo Moo Meadows & I'm very impressed with how they remade it. :)

Except Wario's Gold Mine, they have been used for retrotracks already.
Maybe there will be Wario's Gold Mine? ;D There is 1 Retro Track left to get revealed.
Edit2: Actually I should inform myself before I talk. lol :P There is only one unknown left. =/

Edited on by BlueBlurIxM

Rings! Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom!

AuthorMessage

WiiULoveSquid

825. Posted:

Royal Raceway is really quite breathtaking in comparison as well. Bravo, Konno!

My other console is a next gen

"If we were all trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Caus we'd be trees. "

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

826. Posted:

I love how Mario's moustache and ShyGuy's mantle flop in the wind

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

BlueBlurIxM

827. Posted:

So apparently there are 2 other retro tracks leaked.
In one of GameXplain's MK8 gameplay you can see at Sunshine Airport a sideboard with "GCN Sherbet Land" and "N64 Yoshi Valley" on it.
I didn't see it, because I am blind. lol :P Can someone confirm that?

AuthorMessage

somari

828. Posted:

two rainbow roads, this is going to be the best mario kart game ever.

somari

AuthorMessage

vonboy89

829. Posted:

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

In one of GameXplain's MK8 gameplay you can see at Sunshine Airport a sideboard with "GCN Sherbet Land" and "N64 Yoshi Valley" on it.

I'm really hoping for Yoshi's Valley, myself. Like the GameXplain guys already said, just think of all the crazy possible routes they could come up for that course. And having that one course again where you have no clue who is ahead of who until the end would be chaotic and awesome!

vonboy89

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

830. Posted:

The new tracks don't really impress me yet (maybe I'm not looking at the right ones), but I'm really impressed with the amount of detail they put into some of the retro tracks. Moo Moo Meadows and Royal Raceway look amazing, and N64 Rainbow Road looks like a completely new course. I might actually buy this game.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Booboos35

831. Posted:

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!

If you can't say it without swearing, then please refrain from posting. --Raylax

Edited on by Raylax

Booboos35

AuthorMessage

Emaan

832. Posted:

If you haven't watched the video of this game at 60 FPS yet, do it. It's so amazing. The Youtube videos aren't doing any justice.

I'm so excited for this game! :D
Very happy to hear about the live music recordings for some tracks.

I wonder if the character roster is all done though? Are the Koopalings really the only newcomers?

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Sonicfan11589

833. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

If you haven't watched the video of this game at 60 FPS yet, do it. It's so amazing. The Youtube videos aren't doing any justice.

I'm so excited for this game! :D
Very happy to hear about the live music recordings for some tracks.

I wonder if the character roster is all done though? Are the Koopalings really the only newcomers?

Can u post a link to where i can find videos with 60fps showing?

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage

Booboos35

834. Posted:

N64 is getting some serious love! SO hype!!

Booboos35

AuthorMessage

Bambeezie

835. Posted:

I'm curious if you will be able to jump off the left barrier at the beginning of N64 rainbow road for a nice short cut like you used to be able to.

Bambeezie

AuthorMessage

vonboy89

836. Posted:

I really hope they've fixed that, really. How awful would that be for online?

vonboy89

AuthorMessage

Bambeezie

837. Posted:

Not awful at all. I got quite good at it. ;)

Bambeezie

AuthorMessage

BlueBlurIxM

838. Posted:

It was some time ago, but if I remember correctly they said they have implemented a mechanic/system (or something like that), that prevent people to do such shortcuts. I think it has something to do with Lakitu's recovery thing. I think it was something that he pulls you back to the main track were you have been, if you get to unusual places, even if you didn't fall into a pit or something. :)
Not totally sure tho.

Edited on by BlueBlurIxM

AuthorMessage

UTXGamer

839. Posted:

SO MUCH HYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!!!!!!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

AuthorMessage

BlueBlurIxM

840. Posted:

vonboy89 wrote:

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

I'm really hoping for Yoshi's Valley, myself. Like the GameXplain guys already said, just think of all the crazy possible routes they could come up for that course. And having that one course again where you have no clue who is ahead of who until the end would be chaotic and awesome!

So yea.. It is indeed Yoshi Valley and Sherbet Land.
Look @3:05 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s84ADC9smzY

Yeah! Can't wait to see Yoshi Valley! :P

Edited on by BlueBlurIxM