Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 701 to 720 of 4,398

AuthorMessage

BenAV

701. Posted:

That'd be nice for local multiplayer, but considering I'm mostly playing online I wouldn't make much use of it... just gotta hope that there aren't any really annoying items this time around. :P

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

SG9000

702. Posted:

@BenAV The Blue Shell, Bullet Bill, Lightning Bolt and Blooper have all been revealed (although the Blooper is only annoying because of how useless it is)

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

AuthorMessage

BenAV

703. Posted:

@SG9000 I'm actually okay with all of those being in there.
Blooper could afford to go, but it's not a big deal.

It's when you start adding in annoying items on top of those.
I'm fine with the Mario Kart 7 items, even if the tail can be a bit annoying, so if it's relatively similar to that I'd be happy enough.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

704. Posted:

SG9000 wrote:

@DestinyMan True, but how could they do it for online mode? All I can imagine is "Without Items" and "With Items"

Maybe with a 'vote' system?

Or like different modes? 'classic mode' ' Insane mode'

Edited on by Spanjard

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

Adam

705. Posted:

Double Dash, Wii, and 7 all had item options, though many never realized it. MK7 even allowed you to use these options online via Communities.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

706. Posted:

Spanjard wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

@DestinyMan True, but how could they do it for online mode? All I can imagine is "Without Items" and "With Items"

Maybe with a 'vote' system?

Or like different modes? 'classic mode' ' Insane mode'

Insane mode is Classic mode.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

Mii Name: Shirma

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

SG9000

707. Posted:

@Rosalina So true.......

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

708. Posted:

I don't care if they have items in multiplayer because the only thing at stake is your ranking. But in single player? It's highly annoying when your ability to complete the game and unlock things based more on AI hax than actual racing skill.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

709. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I don't care if they have items in multiplayer because the only thing at stake is your ranking. But in single player? It's highly annoying when your ability to complete the game and unlock things based more on AI hax than actual racing skill.

It's not really about the AI in my opinion, it's really about how they handle the items. For once, I'd like it if the Bullet Bill didn't run out right before a jump, or for Red Shells to avoid hitting curves (walls & tight corners are acceptable), or for Blue Shells to not appear when some people are near the 1st place racer.

Issue is the way items are handled, not the AI. If there are 3 racers or more near the 1st place racer, the Blue Shell should not come as it disturbs the current play between the racers. If Nintendo could make the game analyze how many racers are near the 1st place racer, MK8 will be much more balanced (I guess).
The Blue Shells' goal is to slow down 1st place so others can catch up, not flip the tables on 1st place. That was the main purpose of it.

Also, funny video :P

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7

SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

710. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

It's not really about the AI in my opinion, it's really about how they handle the items. For once, I'd like it if the Bullet Bill didn't run out right before a jump, or for Red Shells to avoid hitting curves (walls & tight corners are acceptable), or for Blue Shells to not appear when some people are near the 1st place racer.

Issue is the way items are handled, not the AI. If there are 3 racers or more near the 1st place racer, the Blue Shell should not come as it disturbs the current play between the racers. If Nintendo could make the game analyze how many racers are near the 1st place racer, MK8 will be much more balanced (I guess).
The Blue Shells' goal is to slow down 1st place so others can catch up, not flip the tables on 1st place. That was the main purpose of it.

Those seem to be more multiplayer issues. Again, I don't really care as much on multiplayer (particularly local when ranking doesn't matter), it's single player where it's an issue. Blue Shell doesn't really have much of a point in single player because it's a matter of outmatching the computer, having an equalizer item isn't really fair in that case.

Rosalina wrote:

Also, funny video :P

LMAO. So true.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

711. Posted:

@Bolt_Strike Well the only AI issue I tend to see is that they never target each other, only the player, which sucks.

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7

SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

AuthorMessage

JustAnotherUser

712. Posted:

Save £10 on Mario Kart 8 or Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition when bought with the Black Wii U Mario and Luigi Premium Pack in the same transaction at GAME.
Should be a good deal for those looking to buy a Wii U and Mario Kart 8. (UK ONLY)
I just thought I should post this.
http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/mario-kart-8
or
http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/mario-kart-8/?cm_sp=deals--banner--mariokart8WBW

Edited on by JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

713. Posted:

Sunshine Airport
Untitled

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

714. Posted:

Is it wrong to hope that there's a glitch that lets you go out of bounds and explore Sunshine Airport? Kinda like the Coconut Mall glitch. I just really wanna explore these tracks.

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7

SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

715. Posted:

@DestinyMan just...wow

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

ZyroXZ2

716. Posted:

I'm not sure if it's already been posted somewhere in this 36 page thread, but the Mario Kart 8 red Gamepad case is something I TOTALLY want! :D

Check out my talk show on YouTube, the Wii U "Five"!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2

AuthorMessage

Nintendo6400

717. Posted:

I hope customizable emblems return!

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

AuthorMessage

Mine01

718. Posted:

Hi guys, i dont know where should i post this so i'll just give a little bump here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=105604361&post...

Some people are getting emails from amazon saying that they will get mario kart between april 16 and 19, the amazon page say's the game was realesed march 10th go so maybe its just a wrong date, but who knows, hype!.

Mine01

3DS Friend Code: 5000-3484-9808 | Nintendo Network ID: soakedmine

AuthorMessage

Blast

719. Posted:

Mine01 wrote:

Hi guys, i dont know where should i post this so i'll just give a little bump here.

Some people are getting emails from amazon saying that they will get mario kart between april 16 and 19, the amazon page say's the game was realesed march 10th go so maybe its just a wrong date, but who knows, hype!.

I hope this is true. I don't want Mario Kart 8 to be released just 3 days AFTER Watch Dogs.
If this is really true... then NINTENDO NEEDS TO START ADVERTISING LIKE CRAZY IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

720. Posted:

Mine01 wrote:

Dang, should have pre-ordered lol

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan