Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 601 to 620 of 4,852

Jazzer94

Dark-Luigi wrote:

@Jazzer94 Har, I love that, I wish to have that in the game too! God I love Wii.

Imagine a 12 player online race where every one turns around just watching 12 Lakitus being crushed (yes I'm weird like that).

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

BABBLE

i hope they do something about the shortcut glitches.

BABBLE

cookiex

DragonEaterMe wrote:

i hope they do something about the shortcut glitches.

They fixed major exploits in MK7 so they'll probably do the same if anything turns up here.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Booboos35

DestinyMan wrote:

I really hope they don't bring back the lightning cloud. I dislike that thing more than I ever did the spiny shell.

Agreed, I hope the tanooki tail doesn't return as well.

The King Of Strong Style

SG9000

Dark-Luigi wrote:

@Booboos35 Seconed. POW block aside I personally thought the Tanooki Tail was the worst MK power up ever made.

3'd!!! Nuy Nintendo is unpredictable, espescially with that game! The only power-ups revealed so far are the classic (and the Blooper, unfortunately)

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

DreamyViridi

Ugh! The Tanooki Tail was useful at times but many more times have I been on the receiving end of a racer trolling me by slowing down to hit me with the tail... It's like a slap in the face. The Blooper should get a slight buff if it's returning. Cover more of the screen to justify its worth.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Adam

In your case, the tail actually was a slap in the face.

I hate the tail. It lasts slightly longer than the time it takes to get to the next set of blocks, so you have to drive slower (the opposite of what you are supposed to do in racing games, by the way) so that it goes away in time or not get an item. Not having an item always means getting red shelled, so it is an even worse option.

Blooper would be fun if it covered more of the screen and gradually washed off. As is, it is useless.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Shirma_Akayaku

Dark-Luigi wrote:

@Booboos35 Seconed. POW block aside I personally thought the Tanooki Tail was the worst MK power up ever made.

Actually, I kinda liked the POW Block, but if it were to return, it's attack should be remade/reinvented. Instead of hitting all players in front of you, it should be like this...
Untitled

• The POW Block creates a shockwave when used.
  • It has a small radius at first.
  • The shockwave makes players spin out (& maybe lose their items)
  • It can be used 3 times, with each shockwave being bigger than the last.
  • Since players can now see items in other players hands, on the last use of the POW Block, it's colored red to indicate the biggest radius blast.
    Untitled

Thoughts?

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

2Pac

Hm...Good Idea...

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

Bolt_Strike

Okay, if they revert the item system back to the way it was in Wii, I'm not even touching this game. Wii had tons and tons of annoying items that made the game just plain not fun.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Blast

I got a feeling the item system will be incredibly similar to MK: Double Dash's item system...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

BenAV

Adam wrote:

I hate the tail. It lasts slightly longer than the time it takes to get to the next set of blocks, so you have to drive slower (the opposite of what you are supposed to do in racing games, by the way) so that it goes away in time or not get an item. Not having an item always means getting red shelled, so it is an even worse option.

This.
So many times in Mario Kart 7 when I get the tail I find myself just holding onto it for the remainder of the race or until I get attacked, just because I don't want to leave myself with no item.

Worst item ever is definitely the Lightning Cloud though, please let that never return.
Nothing worse when you're sitting in second or third and trying to catch up and then you get one of those.
It's especially bad online, where lag can be an issue.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

Blast wrote:

I got a feeling the item system will be incredibly similar to MK: Double Dash's item system...

Double Dash? With everyone having their own special item? I don't think that would work in a game with single racers, there's far too many characters for that.

I just hope that they don't add any more super destructive items, having Starman, Blue Shell, Bullet Bill, POW Block, Mega Mushroom, Lightning, and Lightning Cloud was way overboard.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

JoyBoy

Mind you I haven't played mk for wii and 3ds. Isn't there a way to switch off certain items?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

SG9000

@Spanjard I know there was a way to change the odds of certain power-ups or remove them completly in MKWii. But I never played MK7, but I guess the limitations of this portable system did not allow it.....

SG9000

SG9000

@DestinyMan True, but how could they do it for online mode? All I can imagine is "Without Items" and "With Items"

Edited on by SG9000

SG9000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic