Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 561 to 580 of 4,068

AuthorMessage

cookiex

561. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Track editor sounds like a stretch seeing as we've got anti-gravity and air/water scenes. Seems like it would get a bit too technical to use.

If it was anti-gravity only I could see it work similarly to the track editor in the N64DD expansion of F-Zero X.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

KKBB

562. Posted:

Blast wrote:

LOL am I the only guy who wants GCN's Baby Park back????
ITS AWESOME!!! PURE MAYHEM!

I'm with you all the way on that one. Baby Park is awesome. Offers something different.

KKBB

AuthorMessage

SG9000

563. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

If it was anti-gravity only I could see it work similarly to the track editor in the N64DD expansion of F-Zero X.

So, you're one of those guys?

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

564. Posted:

KKBB wrote:

Blast wrote:

LOL am I the only guy who wants GCN's Baby Park back????
ITS AWESOME!!! PURE MAYHEM!

I'm with you all the way on that one. Baby Park is awesome. Offers something different.

Well considering Nintendo doesn't reuse Retro Tracks (Baby Park was in the DS version), I doubt they'd bring it back.

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

SG9000

565. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

UTXGamer wrote:

New rumor that there is a track editor in the game. If it ends up being true my hype for this game will reach unhealthy levels.

I love doing my own level design but I kinda hope this isn't true. I don't want to be stuck playing on people's custom tracks when I go online

What if they gave you the option to not play custom tracks online?

Anyone who chose that option would be playing together

I would still worry that in a few months people would move on to other games leaving on custom tracks playable. It is just a fear of mine. Really it won't matter, the game will still be awesome no matter what

So true! MK FTW!!!

SG9000

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

566. Posted:

A character I'd like to see is White Mage from Mario Hoops: 3 on 3/Mario Sports Mix.
She's also (surprisingly) Shirma A.K.A Shiroma. I know this due to the fact her files in Mario Sports Mix have this name.
Untitled
IS ALSO THIS
Untitled
I know it won't happen though.

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

567. Posted:

Wouldn't they have to go get help from Square Enix for that? I know it's not unheard of, but I can't imagine Mario Kart pulling from so far outside of the Mario universe.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

BusterRed123

568. Posted:

Anyone realise that the Newegg product page matches the description of the Nintendo Fannon Wiki 's (Fantendo) "Mario Kart Wii U 8"Game?

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage

cookiex

569. Posted:

SG9000 wrote:

cookiex wrote:

So, you're one of those guys?

Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

SG9000

570. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

Wouldn't they have to go get help from Square Enix for that? I know it's not unheard of, but I can't imagine Mario Kart pulling from so far outside of the Mario universe.

Well, they did put R.O.B. in Mario Kart DS

SG9000

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

571. Posted:

SG9000 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

So? R.O.B (as far as I know anyway) is a Nintendo character whereas White Mage is not.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

SG9000

572. Posted:

DreamyViridi wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

So? R.O.B (as far as I know anyway) is a Nintendo character whereas White Mage is not.

Technically, R.O.B. is a NES periphiral, not a character. He's not even appeared in any game!! (except MKDS and Brawl)

Edited on by SG9000

SG9000

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

573. Posted:

SG9000 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Technically, R.O.B. is a NES periphiral, not a character. He's not even appeared in any game!! (except MKDS and Brawl)

If he's shown up as a playable character, then he can be considered a character. Although yes, he was an NES peripheral first. My point is he's Nintendo 'property' which is why he was easily able to make a cameo appearance in MKDS. White Mage meanwhile is Square Enix property and therefore has little-to-no chances appearing here unless Square Enix help out with the game in some way.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

SG9000

574. Posted:

DreamyViridi wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

If he's shown up as a playable character, then he can be considered a character. Although yes, he was an NES peripheral first. My point is he's Nintendo 'property' which is why he was easily able to make a cameo appearance in MKDS. White Mage meanwhile is Square Enix property and therefore has little-to-no chances appearing here unless Square Enix help out with the game in some way.

Yeah, but with the Mario-Final Fantasy crossovers that were released recently, it would be no surprise.....

BTW, is anyone thinking about PAC-MAN in MK8? Just saying......

SG9000

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

575. Posted:

SG9000 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

He had a cameo in Kirby's Dream Land 3 if that counts. :)

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

SG9000

576. Posted:

KingDunsparce wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

SG9000 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

He had a cameo in Kirby's Dream Land 3 if that counts. :)

We're talking about playable appearances, so it does not count.....

SG9000

AuthorMessage

CrazyOtto

577. Posted:

SG9000 wrote:

CrazyOtto wrote:

Here's my current retro course predictions

SHELL CUP
GBA Mario Circuit
GCN Dry Dry Desert
Wii Toad's Factory
3DS Music Park

BANANA CUP
Wii DK Summit
3DS Piranha Plant Slide
NDS Shroom Ridge
SNES Bowser Castle 1

LEAF CUP
N64 Royal Raceway
NDS Tick Tock Clock
GBA Ribbon Road
3DS Neo Bowser City

LIGHTNING CUP
3DS DK Jungle
GCN Wario Collesium
Wii Grumble Volcano
N64 Rainbow Road

4 3DS tracks seems a lot.........and only ONE SNES track? Come on!! I know it's only your opinion, but I believe you really have to be incredibly lucky to have ALL of them confirmed.

Otherwise, you have good thinking, N64 Rainbow Road, GCN Wario Colosseum, GBA Ribbon Road and Wii Toad's Factory are all on my wishlist (and many other gamers' too)

It's not a wishlist, it's a guess, my wish list would have Cheese Land

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

578. Posted:

Look, only Mario games that are developed by Square Enix features Final Fantasy & Dragon Quest characters.

Such as:

Mario Hoops 3-on-3
Fortune Street
Mario Sports Mix

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

ClassicJetterz

579. Posted:

SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED.

Finally, a reason to turn on my Wii U.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

AuthorMessage

SG9000

580. Posted:

ClassicJetterz wrote:

SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED.

Finally, a reason to turn on my Wii U.

Two things:

1)What about SSB4?

2)What do you mean by "a reason to turn on my Wii U"? There is already a few great games while waiting (SM3D World, DKCTF, etc.)

SG9000