Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Posts 481 to 500 of 4,912

Romeo

hey.. i've got a quick question

i know both online and local multiplayer will be available, but will it also be possible for 2 (or more) people (playing on the same console) to join an online multiplayer game together?

oh and also: the game will run at 60fps (720p), correct? what about online multiplayer when playing with 12 people? did they already confirm the fps for such a scenario?

Romeo

cookiex

Last I heard it was 1080p 60 FPS, and Mario Kart Wii managed 60 FPS online (albeit with only one player locally).

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Romeo

1080p would be even better, but i don't really care about graphics
but i care about FPS and whether or not it'd be possible to join an online multiplayer game (with 2 or more people playing on the same console)

1080p and 60fps in a 12 player online game would be impressive, but i'm not sure if 60fps would be possible with that many players

• it's not like i have 4+ people over at my house every single day.. so it'd be really cool if you could join an online game (while playing on your console) with your friends or girlfriend etc.
    kinda boring to only play locally with 2 players and 10comps

Romeo

Shirma_Akayaku

Romeo wrote:

but i care about FPS and whether or not it'd be possible to join an online multiplayer game (with 2 or more people playing on the same console)

1080p and 60fps in a 12 player online game would be impressive, but i'm not sure if 60fps would be possible with that many players

• it's not like i have 4+ people over at my house every single day.. so it'd be really cool if you could join an online game (while playing on your console) with your friends or girlfriend etc.

If they are able to have the game running at 60 FPS in 4-Player multiplayer + 8 AI racers, then I think they won't have too much trouble running those sames settings online. Also, does anyone think that based on the trailers, the whole thing was made using Mario Kart TV? If it were, that would show how amazing that feature is. After all, Miiverse is preparing an update so players can post videos.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
Hyrule Warriors Legends

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

vini64

The work they're doing on the retro tracks is really amazing. God, GCN Dry Dry Desert is nearly unrecognizable.

vini64

2Pac

Rosalina wrote:

Romeo wrote:

If they are able to have the game running at 60 FPS in 4-Player multiplayer + 8 AI racers, then I think they won't have too much trouble running those sames settings online. Also, does anyone think that based on the trailers, the whole thing was made using Mario Kart TV? If it were, that would show how amazing that feature is. After all, Miiverse is preparing an update so players can post videos.

Probobly.

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

SG9000

MKTV would be an awesome feature show how good (or bad) you are in that game and show your knowledge right at the Miiverse community just like that, without the need of a YouTube account.

Of course, anti-gravity is obviously the ONE thing that makes this game amazing for most of us, but MKTV will be a nice touch from Nintendo.

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

CrazyOtto

Here's my current retro course predictions

SHELL CUP
GBA Mario Circuit
GCN Dry Dry Desert
Wii Toad's Factory
3DS Music Park

BANANA CUP
Wii DK Summit
3DS Piranha Plant Slide
NDS Shroom Ridge
SNES Bowser Castle 1

LEAF CUP
N64 Royal Raceway
NDS Tick Tock Clock
GBA Ribbon Road
3DS Neo Bowser City

LIGHTNING CUP
3DS DK Jungle
GCN Wario Collesium
Wii Grumble Volcano
N64 Rainbow Road

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

kyuubikid213

Pretty pumped for this game. It'd be pretty crazy if this game turned around Wii U sales like the SM3DL and MK7 combo turned around the 3DS.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

DudeSean

@kyuubikid213 Yeah, I guess Mario Kart has had a tradition of boosting system sales. It may not bring Wii U up to number 1, but we are at least likely to see another spike in sales similar to Super Mario 3D World.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Blast

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Pretty pumped for this game. It'd be pretty crazy if this game turned around Wii U sales like the SM3DL and MK7 combo turned around the 3DS.

Mario Kart 8 is pretty much destined to be a huge Wii U seller. The second biggest U seller will prolly be the official Zelda game for Wii U THEN Super Smash Bros U. X and SMT X FE will prolly sell really well, too... hopefully

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

Blast wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Mario Kart 8 is pretty much destined to be a huge Wii U seller. The second biggest U seller will prolly be the official Zelda game for Wii U THEN Super Smash Bros U. X and SMT X FE will prolly sell really well, too... hopefully

I know a lot of people think that the 3DS version will cause a lot of people to just not get the Wii U version. However, you should not underestimate the power of a standard controller. I imagine Smash will be the number 1 seller of Wii U units, regardless of the 3DS version.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CThrash13

UGXwolf wrote:

I know a lot of people think that the 3DS version will cause a lot of people to just not get the Wii U version. However, you should not underestimate the power of a standard controller. I imagine Smash will be the number 1 seller of Wii U units, regardless of the 3DS version.

And we'll be able to play it on a big screen in beautiful High Definition! It's the first HD Mario Kart, and that alone makes it a must have for me. I've loved all the others, so I can't imagine not loving this one as well. It's going to get a lot of hours from my family!

CThrash13

Twitter:

Blast

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@UGXwolf Yeah and I'm pretty sure the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. will come out BEFORE the 3DS version. Nintendo won't release them on the same day. U version will be first.... I HOPE

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Miss_Dark wrote:

Blast wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@UGXwolf Yeah and I'm pretty sure the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. will come out BEFORE the 3DS version. Nintendo won't release them on the same day. U version will be first.... I HOPE

that would be a smart move (not sure nintendo is that smart)

@Miss_Dark Lol yeah. Its the same situation Microsoft is in with Titanfall. Titanfall is a huge game and Microsoft wants it to push alotta Xbox One units so the 360 version is releasing AFTER the Xbox One version. The PC version is prolly releasing the same day as the One version.

Master of the Hype Train

retropunky

I wonder if up to five people will be able to play in local multiplayer this time around, that would be interesting.

Three months to go...

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109 | Nintendo Network ID: PK_Ness

SG9000

CrazyOtto wrote:

Here's my current retro course predictions

SHELL CUP
GBA Mario Circuit
GCN Dry Dry Desert
Wii Toad's Factory
3DS Music Park

BANANA CUP
Wii DK Summit
3DS Piranha Plant Slide
NDS Shroom Ridge
SNES Bowser Castle 1

LEAF CUP
N64 Royal Raceway
NDS Tick Tock Clock
GBA Ribbon Road
3DS Neo Bowser City

LIGHTNING CUP
3DS DK Jungle
GCN Wario Collesium
Wii Grumble Volcano
N64 Rainbow Road

4 3DS tracks seems a lot.........and only ONE SNES track? Come on!! I know it's only your opinion, but I believe you really have to be incredibly lucky to have ALL of them confirmed.

Otherwise, you have good thinking, N64 Rainbow Road, GCN Wario Colosseum, GBA Ribbon Road and Wii Toad's Factory are all on my wishlist (and many other gamers' too)

Edited on by SG9000

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

UTXGamer

New rumor that there is a track editor in the game. If it ends up being true my hype for this game will reach unhealthy levels.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic