Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 461 to 480 of 4,103

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

461. Posted:

I flipped out when I saw Grumble Volcano as well, but not in a good way. I have painful memories of that track from the Wii version. Getting hit by a Blue Shell on the last lap and losing will do that to you.

I am excited for Tick-Tock Clock though. It was one of my favorites from DS, and I can't wait to see what they do with it.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BusterRed123

462. Posted:

Hey, Everyone! What was your favorite new track from the trailer? Mine was the Amusment Park one that might be called "Sub-Coster".

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WitchSugoi

463. Posted:

@BlueBlurlxM @MrWalkieTalkie Thanks guys! Can't believe I missed that. This game just gets me more and more pumped! :)

@NintendoXtreme1 Definitely Super Marine World. :)

@DestinyMan I'll likely be playing with Ludwig, Wendy, and Roy. Peach will still be my main.

Current playlist: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call, Siesta Fiesta, Kirby: Triple Deluxe

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nathan_Wv10

464. Posted:

Iggy will be my favourite choice of Koopaling

Nathan_Wv10

Twitter: Nathplaydirty

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BusterRed123

465. Posted:

PrincessSugoi wrote:

@BlueBlurlxM @MrWalkieTalkie Thanks guys! Can't believe I missed that. This game just gets me more and more pumped! :)

@NintendoXtreme1 Definitely Super Marine World. :)

@DestinyMan I'll likely be playing with Ludwig, Wendy, and Roy. Peach will still be my main.

What's Super Marine World? You mean Dolphin Shoals?

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

466. Posted:

Mario Kart 8 = the biggest Wii U seller.
That's my prediction.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BusterRed123

467. Posted:

Blast wrote:

Mario Kart 8 = the biggest Wii U seller.
That's my prediction.

Yes Please.

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WitchSugoi

468. Posted:

NintendoXtreme1 wrote:

What's Super Marine World? You mean Dolphin Shoals?

Probably. Didn't really know the name but I saw another user call it that. :P

Current playlist: Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call, Siesta Fiesta, Kirby: Triple Deluxe

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Booboos35

469. Posted:

I dont even care, Koopalings are awesome, trailer was GOD TIER, and so far all I want in the roster is Dry Bones, Bowser Jr., Magikoopa, Dry Bowser, maybe some Kongs (Diddy,Dixie,Cranky), Shy Guy, Toadsworth, Boo/King Boo, Pete Pirhanna, R.O.B., Para-Koopa, Birdo, and Hammer Bro/Fire/Ice,Boomerang.

Booboos35

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Toad160

470. Posted:

I want to go through all of the characters that have appeared in previous games (but not the Arcade series) and have not yet been confirmed for MK8 and just discuss their likeliness. I don't know if we will see any more newcomers (possibly one or two) after that massive Koopaling drop.

Birdo: Of course she is going to be in the game, the only reason why I think we haven't heard from Birdo yet is because it is very likely that she will be unlockable, or maybe they only have so many slots in the trailers and she's always the odd one out. But I think it's more likely that she's unlockable, as for any likely character that hasn't been announced up to this point.

Bowser Jr.:: I have seen some concern for his inclusion just based on the Koopaling addition, but I don't think this harms him at all. If not, it strengthens him since they were all in the last slew of games together. Another unlockable or just unmentioned character.

Diddy Kong: With Tropical Freeze, how could you not include him?

Wiggler: This is a character who was just in the last installment alone, so I don't know if that was just a one time occurrence or what exactly. This character is more of a toss up, but the odds are definitely against him. I see the roster already being massive, and I just don't know if there is room for the guy. But I could very well be wrong.

Shy Guy: Almost verbatim Wiggler, although Shy Guy does have a bit more of a prerequisite and a bit more of fan base.

Mii: I would be surprised if they didn't have a Mii option. With a game that is going to be as groundbreaking as MK8, the inclusion of Miis seems necessary for the home console.

Metal Mario: This is a character that I personally would love to see go, just because I think he is a waste a good character spot, but you never know. Only being in the last installment puts him in the same boat as Wiggler, however, he isn't as unique as Wiggler and I think a we would be better off using someone else.

Honey Queen: On the flip side of things, this is someone who I would LOVE to see return. How unexpected, and cooky, and unique of a character to put into Mario Kart she is, and she isn't necessarily that awful of a racer. I usually have a bias towards veterans returning anyway, and she definitely would be amazing to play as in HD on the Wii U -drools-. I just don't know her probability of returning, which to me is basically the same boat as Wiggler.

Dry Bones: Much like Birdo, he was in the Wii installment but dropped for the 3DS. I could see him returning for the big screen just because it is a home console, but then again, I could see reasons for cutting him. Personally, I am pretty apathetic, but the more the merrier I suppose.

Dry Bowser: Just read Dry Bones, but add extra pizazz to the reasoning he should come back.

R.O.B.: Hailing back to the good ole DS version, I do not see him making a comeback. Like at all. For Brawl, I hope that's a different story (but that's an entirely different topic).

Petey Piranha: This character has only been in one installment, and that was back in Double Dash. Honestly, I would love to see a comeback, and I even think it is kind of possible, it's just I think that the odds are against her after not being in the Wii version.

Paratroopa: His only purpose was to give Koopa a partner in Double Dash. I don't see this character returning.

Funky Kong: Yeah, I think he's going to be replaced by someone (or two someones) much more relevant.

King Boo: He's been there since Double Dash for home console Mario Karts, so what is stopping him from this one? I think he could be dropped and no one would notice all that much, I just don't think he will be for sheer repetitiveness.

Lakitu: Being in the last installment really does help his chances, but I think he should stick to waving the flag or pulling me out of water.

Donkey Kong Jr.: Can I just say, how awesome would this be? Hailing all the way back to the SNES would be an awesome tribute. And yes, I know all about the growing up into the current DK and the "Multiple Kong Theory." And I know he was replaced permanently by Donkey Kong for all future games (obviously). But just think of the nostalgia. Bringing back a character that hasn't been there since the SNES. Pheeeew.

Also, there are two Kongs in particular that have a fair shot into getting into MK8

Dixie Kong: With Tropical Freeze being set to release soon, I could see her being an unlockable character very easily. With the new importance of Dixie (and again, her hopeful inclusion to Smash), I feel she has an equal shot into getting into this installment as most people I have listed above.

Cranky Kong: Totally Epic. This is all this is. Could you imagine? Just imagine.

So there are my thoughts on racers past, and a couple possible newcomers to the series. If you disagree with anything that has been said or want to comment on it I would love to discuss it, because I just kind of eyeballed my predictions! (^_^)

Edited on by Toad160

Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon X, Percy's Predicament, NES Remix
Instagram: thegreatmerlon
3DS FC: 0173-1806-9449

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

471. Posted:

Toad160 wrote:

I want to go through all of the characters that have appeared in previous games (but not the Arcade series) and have not yet been confirmed for MK8 and just discuss their likeliness. I don't know if we will see any more newcomers (possibly one or two) after that massive Koopaling drop.

Birdo: Of course she is going to be in the game, the only reason why I think we haven't heard from Birdo yet is because it is very likely that she will be unlockable, or maybe they only have so many slots in the trailers and she's always the odd one out. But I think it's more likely that she's unlockable, as for any likely character that hasn't been announced up to this point.

Bowser Jr.:: I have seen some concern for his inclusion just based on the Koopaling addition, but I don't think this harms him at all. If not, it strengthens him since they were all in the last slew of games together. Another unlockable or just unmentioned character.

Diddy Kong: With Tropical Freeze, how could you not include him?

Wiggler: This is a character who was just in the last installment alone, so I don't know if that was just a one time occurrence or what exactly. This character is more of a toss up, but the odds are definitely against him. I see the roster already being massive, and I just don't know if there is room for the guy. But I could very well be wrong.

Shy Guy: Almost verbatim Wiggler, although Shy Guy does have a bit more of a prerequisite and a bit more of fan base.

Mii: I would be surprised if they didn't have a Mii option. With a game that is going to be as groundbreaking as MK8, the inclusion of Miis seems necessary for the home console.

Metal Mario: This is a character that I personally would love to see go, just because I think he is a waste a good character spot, but you never know. Only being in the last installment puts him in the same boat as Wiggler, however, he isn't as unique as Wiggler and I think a we would be better off using someone else.

Honey Queen: On the flip side of things, this is someone who I would LOVE to see return. How unexpected, and cooky, and unique of a character to put into Mario Kart she is, and she isn't necessarily that awful of a racer. I usually have a bias towards veterans returning anyway, and she definitely would be amazing to play as in HD on the Wii U -drools-. I just don't know her probability of returning, which to me is basically the same boat as Wiggler.

Dry Bones: Much like Birdo, he was in the Wii installment but dropped for the 3DS. I could see him returning for the big screen just because it is a home console, but then again, I could see reasons for cutting him. Personally, I am pretty apathetic, but the more the merrier I suppose.

Dry Bowser: Just read Dry Bones, but add extra pizazz to the reasoning he should come back.

R.O.B.: Hailing back to the good ole DS version, I do not see him making a comeback. Like at all. For Brawl, I hope that's a different story (but that's an entirely different topic).

Petey Piranha: This character has only been in one installment, and that was back in Double Dash. Honestly, I would love to see a comeback, and I even think it is kind of possible, it's just I think that the odds are against her after not being in the Wii version.

Paratroopa: His only purpose was to give Koopa a partner in Double Dash. I don't see this character returning.

Funky Kong: Yeah, I think he's going to be replaced by someone (or two someones) much more relevant.

King Boo: He's been there since Double Dash for home console Mario Karts, so what is stopping him from this one? I think he could be dropped and no one would notice all that much, I just don't think he will be for sheer repetitiveness.

Donkey Kong Jr.: Can I just say, how awesome would this be? Hailing all the way back to the SNES would be an awesome tribute. And yes, I know all about the growing up into the current DK and the "Multiple Kong Theory." And I know he was replaced permanently by Donkey Kong for all future games (obviously). But just think of the nostalgia. Bringing back a character that hasn't been there since the SNES. Pheeeew.

Also, there are two Kongs in particular that have a fair shot into getting into MK8

Dixie Kong: With Tropical Freeze being set to release soon, I could see her being an unlockable character very easily. With the new importance of Dixie (and again, her hopeful inclusion to Smash), I feel she has an equal shot into getting into this installment as most people I have listed above.

Cranky Kong: Totally Epic. This is all this is. Could you imagine? Just imagine.

So there are my thoughts on racers past, and a couple possible newcomers to the series. If you disagree with anything that has been said or want to comment on it I would love to discuss it, because I just kind of eyeballed my predictions! (^_^)

Agreed fully.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

472. Posted:

Toad160 wrote:

I want to go through all of the characters that have appeared in previous games (but not the Arcade series) and have not yet been confirmed for MK8 and just discuss their likeliness. I don't know if we will see any more newcomers (possibly one or two) after that massive Koopaling drop.

Birdo: Of course she is going to be in the game, the only reason why I think we haven't heard from Birdo yet is because it is very likely that she will be unlockable, or maybe they only have so many slots in the trailers and she's always the odd one out. But I think it's more likely that she's unlockable, as for any likely character that hasn't been announced up to this point.

Bowser Jr.:: I have seen some concern for his inclusion just based on the Koopaling addition, but I don't think this harms him at all. If not, it strengthens him since they were all in the last slew of games together. Another unlockable or just unmentioned character.

Diddy Kong: With Tropical Freeze, how could you not include him?

Wiggler: This is a character who was just in the last installment alone, so I don't know if that was just a one time occurrence or what exactly. This character is more of a toss up, but the odds are definitely against him. I see the roster already being massive, and I just don't know if there is room for the guy. But I could very well be wrong.

Shy Guy: Almost verbatim Wiggler, although Shy Guy does have a bit more of a prerequisite and a bit more of fan base.

Mii: I would be surprised if they didn't have a Mii option. With a game that is going to be as groundbreaking as MK8, the inclusion of Miis seems necessary for the home console.

Metal Mario: This is a character that I personally would love to see go, just because I think he is a waste a good character spot, but you never know. Only being in the last installment puts him in the same boat as Wiggler, however, he isn't as unique as Wiggler and I think a we would be better off using someone else.

Honey Queen: On the flip side of things, this is someone who I would LOVE to see return. How unexpected, and cooky, and unique of a character to put into Mario Kart she is, and she isn't necessarily that awful of a racer. I usually have a bias towards veterans returning anyway, and she definitely would be amazing to play as in HD on the Wii U -drools-. I just don't know her probability of returning, which to me is basically the same boat as Wiggler.

Dry Bones: Much like Birdo, he was in the Wii installment but dropped for the 3DS. I could see him returning for the big screen just because it is a home console, but then again, I could see reasons for cutting him. Personally, I am pretty apathetic, but the more the merrier I suppose.

Dry Bowser: Just read Dry Bones, but add extra pizazz to the reasoning he should come back.

R.O.B.: Hailing back to the good ole DS version, I do not see him making a comeback. Like at all. For Brawl, I hope that's a different story (but that's an entirely different topic).

Petey Piranha: This character has only been in one installment, and that was back in Double Dash. Honestly, I would love to see a comeback, and I even think it is kind of possible, it's just I think that the odds are against her after not being in the Wii version.

Paratroopa: His only purpose was to give Koopa a partner in Double Dash. I don't see this character returning.

Funky Kong: Yeah, I think he's going to be replaced by someone (or two someones) much more relevant.

King Boo: He's been there since Double Dash for home console Mario Karts, so what is stopping him from this one? I think he could be dropped and no one would notice all that much, I just don't think he will be for sheer repetitiveness.

Donkey Kong Jr.: Can I just say, how awesome would this be? Hailing all the way back to the SNES would be an awesome tribute. And yes, I know all about the growing up into the current DK and the "Multiple Kong Theory." And I know he was replaced permanently by Donkey Kong for all future games (obviously). But just think of the nostalgia. Bringing back a character that hasn't been there since the SNES. Pheeeew.

Also, there are two Kongs in particular that have a fair shot into getting into MK8

Dixie Kong: With Tropical Freeze being set to release soon, I could see her being an unlockable character very easily. With the new importance of Dixie (and again, her hopeful inclusion to Smash), I feel she has an equal shot into getting into this installment as most people I have listed above.

Cranky Kong: Totally Epic. This is all this is. Could you imagine? Just imagine.

So there are my thoughts on racers past, and a couple possible newcomers to the series. If you disagree with anything that has been said or want to comment on it I would love to discuss it, because I just kind of eyeballed my predictions! (^_^)

Agreed fully.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

473. Posted:

The Koopalings aren't going to fill up the roster as much as some think, because this game is almost certain to have a huge roster, as I've stated numerous times before.

Newcomers I would like to see:

Kamek- he was originally planned to be in Mario Kart 64 and he would go nicely with the Koopalings and Bowser. Jr. as one of Bowser's top henchmen.

Nabbit- considering his role in New Super Mario Bros. U and his playable role in New Super Luigi U, Nabbit seems likely.

Hammer Bro.- he was originally planned to be in Mario Kart Wii and he would be a nice addition to the list of playable Mario enemies.

Goomba- a quirky choice I would like just for laughs. He can play baseball, so why not?

Dixie Kong- I think there will be a third Donkey Kong character after DK and Diddy to replace Funky from Mario Kart Wii, and Dixie Kong would be a good choice in light of Tropical Freeze.

Cranky Kong- same reason as Dixie, though I'm not sure if there will only be three Donkey Kong characters like in Mario Kart Wii or not. It would be great if they could make all four of the playable characters in Tropical Freeze playable in Mario Kart 8.

Veterans I would like to see:

Diddy Kong- very likely to return because of Tropical Freeze and this game being on a home console with a huge roster.

Petey Piranha- a cool, heavy character; his chances might not be great, but he was originally planned to be in Mario Kart Wii.

Shy Guy- I'd like to see him playable in a home console Mario Kart.

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

474. Posted:

Don't forget King Boo! He was awesome in Mario Kart Wii, not to mention the recent Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.

Also, there's a perfect track that's practically made for him:

Untitled

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

475. Posted:

How is Funky Kong not relevant? He's totally relevant. He still runs the Item Shop, after all, and a Racing game still seems to be just his style. I think he has a better chance of returning than you give him credit for.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bolt_Strike

476. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

The Koopalings aren't going to fill up the roster as much as some think, because this game is almost certain to have a huge roster, as I've stated numerous times before.

Newcomers I would like to see:

Kamek- he was originally planned to be in Mario Kart 64 and he would go nicely with the Koopalings and Bowser. Jr. as one of Bowser's top henchmen.

Nabbit- considering his role in New Super Mario Bros. U and his playable role in New Super Luigi U, Nabbit seems likely.

Hammer Bro.- he was originally planned to be in Mario Kart Wii and he would be a nice addition to the list of playable Mario enemies.

Goomba- a quirky choice I would like just for laughs. He can play baseball, so why not?

Dixie Kong- I think there will be a third Donkey Kong character after DK and Diddy to replace Funky from Mario Kart Wii, and Dixie Kong would be a good choice in light of Tropical Freeze.

Cranky Kong- same reason as Dixie, though I'm not sure if there will only be three Donkey Kong characters like in Mario Kart Wii or not. It would be great if they could make all four of the playable characters in Tropical Freeze playable in Mario Kart 8.

Veterans I would like to see:

Diddy Kong- very likely to return because of Tropical Freeze and this game being on a home console with a huge roster.

Petey Piranha- a cool, heavy character; his chances might not be great, but he was originally planned to be in Mario Kart Wii.

Shy Guy- I'd like to see him playable in a home console Mario Kart.

When was the last time Kamek appeared? Yoshi's Island DS? If there's any character that isn't relevant, it's him.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JonnyKong

477. Posted:

I'd love for Shy Guy to be playable again. The noises those guys make are freaking adorable.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

478. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

The Koopalings aren't going to fill up the roster as much as some think, because this game is almost certain to have a huge roster, as I've stated numerous times before.

Newcomers I would like to see:

Kamek- he was originally planned to be in Mario Kart 64 and he would go nicely with the Koopalings and Bowser. Jr. as one of Bowser's top henchmen.

Nabbit- considering his role in New Super Mario Bros. U and his playable role in New Super Luigi U, Nabbit seems likely.

Hammer Bro.- he was originally planned to be in Mario Kart Wii and he would be a nice addition to the list of playable Mario enemies.

Goomba- a quirky choice I would like just for laughs. He can play baseball, so why not?

Dixie Kong- I think there will be a third Donkey Kong character after DK and Diddy to replace Funky from Mario Kart Wii, and Dixie Kong would be a good choice in light of Tropical Freeze.

Cranky Kong- same reason as Dixie, though I'm not sure if there will only be three Donkey Kong characters like in Mario Kart Wii or not. It would be great if they could make all four of the playable characters in Tropical Freeze playable in Mario Kart 8.

Veterans I would like to see:

Diddy Kong- very likely to return because of Tropical Freeze and this game being on a home console with a huge roster.

Petey Piranha- a cool, heavy character; his chances might not be great, but he was originally planned to be in Mario Kart Wii.

Shy Guy- I'd like to see him playable in a home console Mario Kart.

When was the last time Kamek appeared? Yoshi's Island DS? If there's any character that isn't relevant, it's him.

Actually, Kamek will most likely be in Yoshi's New Island, there were Megikoopa enemies in Super Mario 3D World, and Magikoopas didn't ever leave the Paper Mario series, either. Kamek is certainly not irrelevant, though it may make more sense to name the character Magikoopa, anyways.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintyMan

479. Posted:

@Bolt_Stirke: Kamek has appeared in several games recently on 3DS

  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  • Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
  • Mario Party: Island Tour
  • Yoshi's New Island
    He's absolutely still relevant.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BusterRed123

480. Posted:

PrincessSugoi wrote:

NintendoXtreme1 wrote:

What's Super Marine World? You mean Dolphin Shoals?

Probably. Didn't really know the name but I saw another user call it that. :P

Oh.

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003