Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 4,221 to 4,240 of 4,852

Dbwesz

Dipper723 wrote:

Woah! This is probably only works in 200cc.

No even on 100cc its possible ( TT is 100cc ) i was able to do it as many other

Dbwesz

Dbwesz

Im so happy that they didnt patch out firehopping even in 200cc is effective! ( not that vissable but still efective )

Dbwesz

jariw

Operative wrote:

200cc seems fun, but I worry about its inclusion. Many of the course were simply not designed to handle such speeds. Kind of makes me imagine Nintendo just threw it in rather than putting much thought behind it. Oh well, it's free to I can't complain

Of course you can complain, but to say that Nintendo just threw it in is not true. It's obvious that the courses were designed for 200cc from the start, such as at the end of Piranha Plant Slide/Piranha Plant Pipeway. I've read many user comments from players who already have adapted the new playing style of 200cc. And earlier today, I was watching a twitch stream earlier today:

Only 9000+ VR players. They had no apparent issues with the high speed, but some seemed unfamiliar with the new DLC courses.

jariw

Zerodactyl

Dbwesz wrote:

Im so happy that they didnt patch out firehopping even in 200cc is effective! ( not that vissable but still efective )

The thing is that I can NEVER firehop in 200cc because it goes so filppin' fast!

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

Barely_able

Squid wrote:

The 200cc is a lot easier in my opinion if you focus your vehicle on very good handling and/or off-road. Basically you can either curve around the turns normally, or just run right over them if they're too sharp.

I just did the mushroom cup in 200cc and it was a breeze. I am sure on tougher tracks it is harder, but I hardly needed to break at all. The one issue I do have is that you fly for so long after some jumps that you have to avoid objects a little differently. Still seems pretty fun though.

Barely_able

Zerodactyl

Barely_Able wrote:

Squid wrote:

The 200cc is a lot easier in my opinion if you focus your vehicle on very good handling and/or off-road. Basically you can either curve around the turns normally, or just run right over them if they're too sharp.

I just did the mushroom cup in 200cc and it was a breeze. I am sure on tougher tracks it is harder, but I hardly needed to break at all. The one issue I do have is that you fly for so long after some jumps that you have to avoid objects a little differently. Still seems pretty fun though.

I played Mushroom Cup in 200cc just now and it was, like you said, a breeze. A lot easier than the new tracks!

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

Zerodactyl

Guitardude7 wrote:

Do you unlock anything if you beat 200cc mode in Grand Prix with three stars?

Not that I know of, know , although it will probably give you a great feeling of accomplishment.

WiiWareWave

Zerodactyl wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Not that I know of, know , although it will probably give you a great feeling of accomplishment.

Actually there is I believe! I just saw someone with three stars above their username online, so I assume that you earn that by earning three stars in every cup including the DLC...it also likely means that we won't be getting any more courses, however I still think that there'll be two more packs with battle arenas.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Zerodactyl

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

Zerodactyl wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Actually there is I believe! I just saw someone with three stars above their username online, so I assume that you earn that by earning three stars in every cup including the DLC...it also likely means that we won't be getting any more courses, however I still think that there'll be two more packs with battle arenas.

I didn't even think of that! This is awesome!

DoomTurtle

Due to the lack of Donkey Kong themed courses (only a single retro course), I think a cool idea for the next set of downloads would be the Mario Kart x Donkey Kong pack.

The characters could include Diddy Kong, Funky Kong (both previous selectable characters), and Dixie Kong.
The carts could be a mix of new and previous DK type carts like the barrel train from Double Dash.
The 8 tracks for the 2 new cups would be all retro tracks, but hear me out on this.

3 of the tracks would be the N64 DK's Jungle Parkway, GCN DK Mountain, and Wii DK Summit (unfortunately, all 3 of these tracks were in MKWii which makes this unlikely). The other 5 tracks would be a track from each of the 5 worlds in Diddy Kong Racing. I don't know which tracks would work best, but obviously not the ones built mainly for the planes. Tracks that work the best with cars and hovercrafts (which would be changed to anti-gravity) would be ideal.

Then to make up for using all retro tracks, the other DLC pack would be Mario Kart in Space and have all newly designed tracks.

The characters would be Fox McCloud, Samus Aran, and Captain Falcon, and all the new karts and tracks would be themed around their three games (maybe 3 Star Fox, 3 Metroid, and 2 more F-Zero).

Anyway, just some ideas I had rolling around, while i wait for work to end so I can get home and play the new tracks.

Edited on by DoomTurtle

DoomTurtle

Budda

Little fun question..
What language is the announcement on Super Bell Subway?
I thought it is German. I don't understand much because of other noices.
I undestand something with: Achtung! something, something Bahnsteig 6.
Translated: Attention! ** station platform 6.
Not sure tho. But the weird thing is, a frend told me the same thing. We heared it independently of each other. I told him nothing!

Would be weird if so.
(Btw. My Game is set to english.. So, should be the same for everyone anyway.)

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

blaisedinsd

They need to let us button map....I don't like trying to press the b button to brake in 200 cc

I want to use X for the brake

SW-7087-5868-6390

DefHalan

How have inside drifting bikes been handling in 200cc? I don't want to brake lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

larry_koopa

Gotta say - not a fan of 200cc mode. These tracks weren't designed for you to be driving so fast on them, and it all really comes off as being unfinished and unpolished on certain tracks. Perfect example: the final stretch of Sub Coaster. You can clip right through the Ferris Wheel, but your character bump into the Mario Kart sign above the finish line, bringing you to a halt. There's other tracks where I've noticed this, too. Objects that before you could never reach: some you'll fly right through, while others are solid.

Also, you DO NOT need to constantly be using the brakes in 200cc, as Nintendo has been saying. I've simply been adapting how I drift/power slide and haven't had any moments when I've needed to slam on the brakes.

The 8 new DLC tracks are all incredible, but in my opinion at least 200cc is a bit of a disappointment.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

KB90

Has it arrived in the UK yet and does it download automatically?

KB90

KB90

It's downloading!!! OMG I'm so excited I could crush a grape

KB90

Allx360

Am I the only one who would love to see Ness as DLC? He could fit very well in Mario kart and we could get Onett Circuit!

PK Hype!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic