Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 4,021 to 4,040 of 4,852

Grumblevolcano

Rexcalibr wrote:

I'm excited to see what the new tracks will look like more so than the new characters in the May DLC.

I would have much rather seen Diddy Kong, Birdo, Bowser Jr., Nabbit, and maybe even Kirby over some of the character choices. Honestly really surprised Bowser Jr. didn't make the cut and the Koopalings did. Especially with how Nintendo is so high on Bowser Jr. and their favoritism on him over the Koopa Kids.

Yeah, all we know is some unknown forest course and the animal crossing one. Really hoping this DLC pack has a slight bias on retro tracks (e.g. 5 given that pack 1 had 3), more GCN and Wii courses would be perfect!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Pimmen

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Yeah, all we know is some unknown forest course and the animal crossing one. Really hoping this DLC pack has a slight bias on retro tracks (e.g. 5 given that pack 1 had 3), more GCN and Wii courses would be perfect!

I totally agree. I'm really hoping for Baby Park and DK Mountain.

Pimmen

3DS Friend Code: 4398-9830-3316 | Nintendo Network ID: Kejsarn

jariw

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

I'm excited to see what the new tracks will look like more so than the new characters in the May DLC.

I would have much rather seen Diddy Kong, Birdo, Bowser Jr., Nabbit, and maybe even Kirby over some of the character choices. Honestly really surprised Bowser Jr. didn't make the cut and the Koopalings did. Especially with how Nintendo is so high on Bowser Jr. and their favoritism on him over the Koopa Kids.

Since the non-retro track were the best in the DLC1, I disagree.

jariw

Mikes

@Neko_Rukiafan I'd love to join!

Pimen wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

That'd be awesome. I've always been hoping for Choco Mountain, but that was already in the DS game.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

Grumblevolcano

StaticWind wrote:

Pimen wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

That'd be awesome. I've always been hoping for Choco Mountain, but that was already in the DS game.

So was GCN Yoshi Circuit (and SNES Rainbow Road was in Mario Kart 7), DLC pack 1 opened up the opportunity of pretty much any track not already in MK8 being a possible choice for the 2nd pack.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Mikes

Grumblevolcano wrote:

StaticWind wrote:

Pimen wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

So was GCN Yoshi Circuit (and SNES Rainbow Road was in Mario Kart 7), DLC pack 1 opened up the opportunity of pretty much any track not already in MK8 being a possible choice for the 2nd pack.

Oh, that's right! I forgot about them. Time to go back to hoping the track makes a return!

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

Blast

I will say that Mario Kart 8 is a great example of Nintendo's high quality production of games. Mario Kart 8 is still very fun. I go back to it every now and then whenever I want to. I am very glad I have it. I'm actually even glad its getting more DLC. I'm looking forward to playing seeing what else Nintendo can do with DLC. I hope I can say the same when Splatoon comes out.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Henmii

I finally had the time to try the DLC out. My favorite track of the bunch may be the Excitebike track. I love those ramps!

I also love the Triforcer. You can make some very sharp turns with it, so sharp that I had to get used to it. I guess if you are really good, then you can make fantastic times with it. So far I used it mostly with Waluigi. I have yet to try it out properly with Link (only used him 1 or 2 times so far). Needless to say I love the DLC and look also forward to the next pack.

Henmii

DreamyViridi

Well, it's offical. Now there's only two true speeds.
Fast... and WAY TOO FAST!!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

crimsoncavalier

DreamyViridi wrote:

Well, it's offical. Now there's only two true speeds.
Fast... and WAY TOO FAST!!

They're saying you're gonna have to be good on the breaks, so that is kind of excited for me! Strangely enough, the whole MK8 bit was one of my favorite parts of the Direct!

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Budda

Can anyone tell if there are any pile of leaves on other courses?
The Autumn version of the Animal Crossing course got it.

I can't imagine they implement that "feature" just for one course?
Maple Treeway retro course incoming?

Yea, a little far fetched... But IF... I said it first!

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

cookiex

NintyMan wrote:

Too bad they didn't reveal any other tracks or the other new karts. I guess that will have to come in regular news over the next couple of weeks.

I actually don't mind that they didn't spoil all the tracks like they did last time. It would be nice if they kept some of them as a surprise.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

CaviarMeths

If 200cc is supposed to make me feel better about F-Zero being dead, it's not working.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jacob717

I think we'll get Maple Treeway, since they already have assets for autum leaves.

@BlueBlurIxM, beat me to it.

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

Budda

Dipper723 wrote:

I think we'll get Maple Treeway, since they already have assets for autum leaves.

@BlueBlurIxM, beat me to it.

Ha!
As long as they remove those giant Wiggler I'll be fine with it I guess.
Wasn't a big fan of it in MK Wii.
But MK8 made every retro course more playable than before(like Wario's Gold Mine..Originally very hectic).. Maybe it can change my mind.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Cheesehead302

200 CC is hype, that's gonna be so awesome!

Cheesehead302

luisesteban

NintyMan wrote:

I'm happy that it's possible to use third-party character amiibo in this game.

Well I'm dreaming with a Mega Man track.

luisesteban

MasterWario

I'm really excited for 200cc! I was getting to that point in Mario Kart where getting better meant trying to be prefect (e.g. never hit edges ever, knowing tracks inside and out), which is really boring. Now it'll be difficult while also being interesting!

Also those jumps you can do...lolololol I'm excited!

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

jariw

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Can anyone tell if there are any pile of leaves on other courses?
The Autumn version of the Animal Crossing course got it.

I can't imagine they implement that "feature" just for one course?
Maple Treeway retro course incoming?

Yea, a little far fetched... But IF... I said it first!

If they have gone through the trouble of arranging and recording 4 different pieces of live music just for the Animal Crossing track in the DLC, why would it not be possible to only have the asset with the leaves at one place in the DLC?

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic