Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 4,001 to 4,020 of 4,852

MegaMari0

I love the F-zero stage for the awesome and epic soundtrack. Gawd never get tired of it.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

e-love

I really hope we get a a battle mode DLC at some point (throw Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr in there too)
I do think after the May DLC they're done with that type of scale (two cups worth of tracks) though.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Grumblevolcano

Rexcalibr wrote:

I really hate the Rainbow Road courses and there are three of them. The only one I think is ok is the old school one where thwomps hit the ground and cause waves. Everyone online seems to love them and the F-Zero stage because they always pick them.

You can't really blame them about Mute City given the F-Zero franchise has pretty much been RIP for the past 10 years outside of Captain Falcon's inclusion in Smash though.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bezerker99

WaveBoy wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

If only Nintendo would fix Battle Mode......that would make MK8 pretty much perfect.

And if they threw in this stage as DLC, along with Mouser being a playable character.

Woah! Thanks for sharing that video, dude. I haven't seen what the Mario Kart GP arcade game looked or sounded like! That was pretty gnarly and that announcer is was something else, lol.

I also long await the return of Mouser in a Mario game. Think he'll ever make another appearance? SMB2 is still one of my favorite 2D Mario games. Most people can't appreciate it because it's a Doki Doki Panic clone, but not I.

Edited on by bezerker99

Sportsfan1712

For costumes I would like to add (when spring dlc comes out)
Mega Man
Sonic
Pac man
Meta Knight
D3
Wario
Rosaluma
Ness

Sup

Rexcalibr

WaveBoy wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

If only Nintendo would fix Battle Mode......that would make MK8 pretty much perfect.

And if they threw in this stage as DLC, along with Mouser being a playable character.

Woah! Thanks for sharing that video, dude. I haven't seen what the Mario Kart GP arcade game looked or sounded like! That was pretty gnarly and that announcer is was something else, lol.

I also long await the return of Mouser in a Mario game. Think he'll ever make another appearance? SMB2 is still one of my favorite 2D Mario games. Most people can't appreciate it because it's a Doki Doki Panic clone, but not I.

SMB2 is my favorite game of all time. it's what defined it all for me back in 89' as far as gaming goes. That was one bloody magical experience for moizy! Also, that MK GP DX stage above looks amazing! Why can't the stages in MK8 be that colorful and charming? The courses in MK8 half the time seem to be aiming for a more realistic look which I don't like, with drabber color schemes. The prime example is sunshine air port which doesn't even look like it belongs in the Marioverse....it's too realistic, same deal with moo moo meadows!

I love Sunshine Airport and Moo Moo Meadows. Moo Moo Meadows is actually my favorite stage in the entire game not really because it's a great track but because I love the farm environment and the music. Sunshine Airport is also a fun stage.

For me, the courses I dislike are any ones set in an outer space theme. I just for some reason don't like them. They seem so bleak. I prefer outdoor race tracks. I also love Dry Dry Desert and the Volcano stage because of the amazing middle eastern type music in them.

The Donkey Kong Jungle stage is also pretty fun.

On the Mario Kart arcade.. I've always wanted to play them and that video is my first look into it. I will say, the graphics are amazing but the gameplay looks slightly different and much more basic/simplified than the console games. I also think the announcer is very annoying and something that would get old really quick.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Grumblevolcano

Rexcalibr wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

SMB2 is my favorite game of all time. it's what defined it all for me back in 89' as far as gaming goes. That was one bloody magical experience for moizy! Also, that MK GP DX stage above looks amazing! Why can't the stages in MK8 be that colorful and charming? The courses in MK8 half the time seem to be aiming for a more realistic look which I don't like, with drabber color schemes. The prime example is sunshine air port which doesn't even look like it belongs in the Marioverse....it's too realistic, same deal with moo moo meadows!

I love Sunshine Airport and Moo Moo Meadows. Moo Moo Meadows is actually my favorite stage in the entire game not really because it's a great track but because I love the farm environment and the music. Sunshine Airport is also a fun stage.

For me, the courses I dislike are any ones set in an outer space theme. I just for some reason don't like them. They seem so bleak. I prefer outdoor race tracks. I also love Dry Dry Desert and the Volcano stage because of the amazing middle eastern type music in them.

The Donkey Kong Jungle stage is also pretty fun.

On the Mario Kart arcade.. I've always wanted to play them and that video is my first look into it. I will say, the graphics are amazing but the gameplay looks slightly different and much more basic/simplified than the console games. I also think the announcer is very annoying and something that would get old really quick.

Yeah, announcers in general are very annoying. Really all I'd want from the remaining DLC is:

• GCN Baby Park with 7 laps to be included as that would see the return of the weekly GameXplain tournaments
  • At least 1 more Wii and GCN track
  • No more N64 content outside of if there's battle arenas in a future pack
  • A few more tracks outside of the Mario universe not including the confirmed Animal Crossing one (e.g. Star Fox, Kirby Air Ride)

Lastly and most important:

• No more amiibo suits (i.e. I don't want to support amiibo anymore because of the scalping situation and not being able to reinstate my Lucina and Robin preorders)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Rexcalibr

So it's been confirmed that more DLC will be released after the Animal Crossing pack in May? If so, that's great news. I really hope Birdo and Bowser Jr. join the gang. I also think since Link is in this game they may as well throw Kirby and hell… maybe even Pikachu in the mix, but I know if I play online EVERYONE who bought the DLC will pick Pikachu and it's annoying playing a race with 12 people and five or six of them are using the same character.

Rexcalibr

Grumblevolcano

Rexcalibr wrote:

So it's been confirmed that more DLC will be released after the Animal Crossing pack in May? If so, that's great news. I really hope Birdo and Bowser Jr. join the gang. I also think since Link is in this game they may as well throw Kirby and hell… maybe even Pikachu in the mix, but I know if I play online EVERYONE who bought the DLC will pick Pikachu and it's annoying playing a race with 12 people and five or six of them are using the same character.

No it hasn't, for all we know the May pack could be it just like Mewtwo could be the end of Smash DLC.

Grumblevolcano

e-love

Where was this confirmed though <___<

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Grumblevolcano

I found a new combo I'm very good with. If only I tried this out during the summer with those tournaments nearing. Oh well, maybe there'll be some more tournaments this summer.

Grumblevolcano

NinjaWaddleDee

I love the online in this game! It's pretty much my go-to relaxing game. I boot it up, play a couple races, then turn it off. So far it's my favorite mario kart, and I've owned every single one excluding super circuit. I really hope we get some more dlc, even if Nintendo doesn't want to release tracks. I'd still buy more characters and kart parts.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Grumblevolcano

Tiny Luigi squishes normal sized Wario in this highlight reel I uploaded (I'm the Luigi).

Grumblevolcano

WiiWareWave

Does anyone want to join my upcoming NL vs. WWW MK8 tournament? I'll post details regarding this multi-community league in my signature and will share the tournament time and password in this thread tomorrow.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Neko_Rukiafan I'm up for it.

I was just playing online there and I finished 2nd but it then placed me 4th,never thought much of it as it was a pretty tight finish anyway but then I won the next race by a fair old distance and it placed me 2nd.It wasn't letting me stop the item wheel from spinning either,I had to wait until it stopped itself with one race being all triple mushrooms and the next one only giving out coins.It's not the first time I've that problem with the items but I don't think I've ever lost places like that before so it's a little concerning.Lets hope this doesn't become an issue like it was on the Wii.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Grumblevolcano

@OorWullie Not being able to stop the item wheel is solely lag related, so is the placing in 2nd when being far ahead of everyone. You also have to take into account that there was maintenance earlier on for all games with online play but unlike previous maintenances, this one didn't boot everyone from online and instead just caused extra lag.

Grumblevolcano

Rexcalibr

I'm excited to see what the new tracks will look like more so than the new characters in the May DLC.

I would have much rather seen Diddy Kong, Birdo, Bowser Jr., Nabbit, and maybe even Kirby over some of the character choices. Honestly really surprised Bowser Jr. didn't make the cut and the Koopalings did. Especially with how Nintendo is so high on Bowser Jr. and their favoritism on him over the Koopa Kids.

Rexcalibr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic