Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 3,961 to 3,980 of 4,852

jariw

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

King Boo and Sonic should be added as playable characters! someone call Nintendo!

Sonic isn't part of the Mario universe, and it's not even a Nintendo character.

jariw

WiiUseeker2

jariw wrote:

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

King Boo and Sonic should be added as playable characters! someone call Nintendo!

super smash bros has sonic in it, as well as mario. I don't see why sonic shouldn't be added to mario kart as a racer. boo not being in mario cart shocks me though.

WiiUseeker2

Randomname19

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

If you don't own it already,buy this:[youtube:6lqn92SV1pQ]
I think it's better than Mario Kart(I do have Mario Kart 8).

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

WiiUseeker2

Randomname19 wrote:

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

If you don't own it already,buy this:[youtube:6lqn92SV1pQ]
I think it's better than Mario Kart(I do have Mario Kart 8).

I know about this game, but Mario Kart 8 is simply a better game. I rather let sonic race in Mario Kart 8.

WiiUseeker2

Grumblevolcano

Tingle should be playable in Mario Kart 8!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LuigiTheGreenFire

Yellowtails wrote:

The characters from Mario Kart Double Dash and Wii that aren't in 8 should be playable.

I agree with this for the most part. The only one that should not come back is Funky Kong. He was a weird choice, but not as weird as some of the babies and metal colorings.

Edited on by LuigiTheGreenFire

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

WiiUseeker2

Yellowtails wrote:

The characters from Mario Kart Double Dash and Wii that aren't in 8 should be playable.

I agree. once they add certain characters, they should stick with them to the best of their ability. they should have never ever removed them.

WiiUseeker2

Insect_Prince

I can't wait til May. I need more MK8 in my life. Best MK, best Wii U game, best racing game ever? Amazing graphics. Great music. I WANT MORE!!!!

The Adventure Club (4 Scottish idiots playing videogames).
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoCg7Hoo8_rCwEEv_RfR5QA

Nintendo Network ID: Insect_Prince | Twitter:

Blast

Okay... Looking back on it... Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Pink Gold Peach, and the onslaught of Koopalings shouldn't even be taking up valuable characters slots. Metal Mario is also incredibly dumb but I'll let it pass.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Insect_Prince

Blast wrote:

Okay... Looking back on it... Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Pink Gold Peach, and the onslaught of Koopalings shouldn't even be taking up valuable characters slots. Metal Mario is also incredibly dumb but I'll let it pass.

I fully agree with this. I'm not a fan of those characters. This is why they need to use more characters like Link and not just rely on Mario characters even though its called Mario Kart. Nintendo Kart!

The Adventure Club (4 Scottish idiots playing videogames).
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoCg7Hoo8_rCwEEv_RfR5QA

Nintendo Network ID: Insect_Prince | Twitter:

WiiUseeker2

Blast wrote:

agreed...

WiiUseeker2

WiiUseeker2

Yellowtails wrote:

Blast wrote:

I like the Koopalings, they're some of the characters I actually wanted to be playable in a future Mario Kart and other spinoff games, but I still can't get over Pink Gold Peach. At least Metal Mario has some sort of history in the main games. I think Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach should have just been a costume, instead of a whole new character.

this...

WiiUseeker2

AlliMeadow

The metal versions and baby versions are obvious. Peach and Mario are perhaps the two most popular characters for their respective genders, and being able to play them with different stats is nice. I know people who would like to play Peach, but felt she wasn't good enough, but now with PGP they have a character they enjoy who is good in their eyes.

I also find it weird to talk about character slots as something finite from the get go. Sure, it is improbable to have 100+ characters in a game like Mario Kart, but that doesn't mean one characters inclusion hindered another character.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Grumblevolcano

Yellowtails wrote:

Blast wrote:

I like the Koopalings, they're some of the characters I actually wanted to be playable in a future Mario Kart and other spinoff games, but I still can't get over Pink Gold Peach. At least Metal Mario has some sort of history in the main games. I think Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach should have just been a costume, instead of a whole new character.

Maybe Pink Gold Peach is playable in the first 3D Mario game for Wii UU

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WiiUseeker2

AlliMeadow wrote:

The metal versions and baby versions are obvious. Peach and Mario are perhaps the two most popular characters for their respective genders, and being able to play them with different stats is nice. I know people who would like to play Peach, but felt she wasn't good enough, but now with PGP they have a character they enjoy who is good in their eyes.

I also find it weird to talk about character slots as something finite from the get go. Sure, it is improbable to have 100+ characters in a game like Mario Kart, but that doesn't mean one characters inclusion hindered another character.

I can relate to what you mean.

I believe all the characters should have some alternate slots that open up underneath them when you select them. selecting mario could drop down a few tabs giving the option of mario, animal mario, metal mario, doctor mario, and so on. the initial character list should be larger than it is now, but when going to select a character players would find many more options within that.

that would make many different nintendo games much much improved.

Edited on by WiiUseeker2

WiiUseeker2

Inkling

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

Blast wrote:

Maybe Pink Gold Peach is playable in the first 3D Mario game for Wii UU

Don't you mean the New Wii U?

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

jariw

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

I believe all the characters should have some alternate slots that open up underneath them when you select them. selecting mario could drop down a few tabs giving the option of mario, animal mario, metal mario, doctor mario, and so on. the initial character list should be larger than it is now, but when going to select a character players would find many more options within that.

Nothing would be improved. First, Mario Kart isn't Smash. Mario Kart is supposed to be fast to play in a party-style manner, while still be ok for those who want to be more competitive. And a costume change in Smash does nothing for the stats, which is an easy-to-understand concept. In Mario Kart 8, costume changes often means different stats, which would be confusing to have connected to a single character. But OTOH, 99% about the complaints about the Mario Kart roster seem to be about the non-familiarity with the characters rather a complaint (or even understanding) of the stats/balance.

jariw

WiiUseeker2

jariw wrote:

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

Nothing would be improved. First, Mario Kart isn't Smash. Mario Kart is supposed to be fast to play in a party-style manner, while still be ok for those who want to be more competitive. And a costume change in Smash does nothing for the stats, which is an easy-to-understand concept. In Mario Kart 8, costume changes often means different stats, which would be confusing to have connected to a single character. But OTOH, 99% about the complaints about the Mario Kart roster seem to be about the non-familiarity with the characters rather a complaint (or even understanding) of the stats/balance.

hey I'm just saying It would be nice to race as boo/ splatoon squidgirl/ midna.

WiiUseeker2

ViolaBouquet

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

hey I'm just saying It would be nice to race as boo/ splatoon squidgirl/ midna.

And Birdo of course

Day Job:
Private violin/viola teacher
Freelance musician for weddings & other events

ViolaBouquet

jariw wrote:

WiiUseeker2 wrote:

Neither is Zelda, or the Animal Crossing characters. The game seems to be turning into Nintendo Kart.

Day Job:
Private violin/viola teacher
Freelance musician for weddings & other events

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic