Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 4,852

jariw

The DLC 1 is available on Metacritic. Kind of strange in a way, since the main game is required to run the DLC. But it has one of the funniest user reviews I've seen (giving the DLC1 the score 0/10):
http://www.metacritic.com/user/Luanzer

"This downloadable content is pretty bad because it adds zero content and it costs 120 dollars, twice the price of the original game, you should not buy it, Nintendo just thinks their fans are cash machines ready to buy any thing they throw at them no matter how bad it is."

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Inkling

jariw wrote:

The DLC 1 is available on Metacritic. Kind of strange in a way, since the main game is required to run the DLC. But it has one of the funniest user reviews I've seen (giving the DLC1 the score 0/10):
http://www.metacritic.com/user/Luanzer

"This downloadable content is pretty bad because it adds zero content and it costs 120 dollars, twice the price of the original game, you should not buy it, Nintendo just thinks their fans are cash machines ready to buy any thing they throw at them no matter how bad it is."

What did I just read

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

jariw

Apparently, the 3.0.0 update also modified the light players. They are not pushed off the tracks (during collisions with heavier characters) as easily as they were before.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

crimsoncavalier

Oubie wrote:

Favorite 5

• Thwomp Ruins
  • Shy Guy Falls
  • Mount Wario
  • Bone-Dry Dunes
  • Hyrule Circuit

Disappointing 5

• Mario Kart Stadium
  • Mario Circuit
  • Sunshine Airport
  • Rainbow Road
  • Excitebike Arena

The airport is actually my favorite track. I go back and forth, but definitely it's up there. I also like Excitebike, simply for the mayhem.

On the other hand, I hate Hyrule Circuit and Dry Bones Dunes. Hyrule was disappointing because I'm such a huge Zelda fan ... I do like that it's rupees instead of coins, and Deku Babas instead of Piranha Plants, but the track is just "meh" ...

As far as the DLC, Mute City is my favorite. I suck at it, but it's just fun.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Tasuki

I have to say out of the original tracks my favorite is Mount Wario.

My least favorite is the Dolphin one and the Candy one which there names elude me right now.

Out of the DLC my favorites are the Hyrule course and the Excite Bike one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

NintendovMarvel

I hope they bring a couple ds tracks in for dlc 2 like Figure 8 Circuit, and DK Pass

NintendovMarvel

KB90

crimsoncavalier wrote:

As far as the DLC, Mute City is my favorite. I suck at it, but it's just fun.

Ditto lol

KB90

sadegh93

I want to play mk8 online but I receive online communication error occurred , and even not an error code ? ,
I have setup a DMZ for my wii u and also give that an ip address and I have also config DNS (google's dns)

thanks

Nintendo Switch Lite Review (2023):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMSdHb511zc

Twitter:

KB90

gp993 wrote:

I want to play mk8 online but I receive online communication error occurred , and even not an error code ? ,
I have setup a DMZ for my wii u and also give that an ip address and I have also config DNS (google's dns)

thanks

I know this was a problem a few months back have you got the latest updates for your Wii u? If you have it might be worth contacting Nintendo.
Do your other games work online?

KB90

NintendovMarvel

what is your least favourite track in the game?

Mine would have to be Mario Circuit...honestly its not a bad track, all the tracks are very fun but Mario Circuit is very generic and is not as fun as every other track

NintendovMarvel

KB90

NintendovMarvel wrote:

Mine would have to be Mario Circuit...honestly its not a bad track, all the tracks are very fun but Mario Circuit is very generic and is not as fun as every other track

Music park

KB90

Captain_Toad

NintendovMarvel wrote:

Ice ice outpost

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Yoshi_Prime

NintendovMarvel wrote:

Donut Plains 3. It continues to be a frustrating track.

Yoshi_Prime

Inkling

NintendovMarvel wrote:

Dolphin Shoals. I literally groan when it's picked online.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

cookiex

I swear Donut Plains 3 shows up more than any other course online. And there's always a good number of people that vote for it.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Tasuki

Inkling wrote:

NintendovMarvel wrote:

Dolphin Shoals. I literally groan when it's picked online.

You aint the only one.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Grumblevolcano

After the Mercedes update I fell from 9999VR to around 8000VR but thanks to the DLC update fixing the VR problem I'm now back where I belong, namely above 9999VR (currenty at 10008VR).

My next goal is 99999VR!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

KB90

How do I know if my Mii is a light, medium or heavy and does wearing an Amibbo suit change the weight?

KB90

jariw

KB90 wrote:

How do I know if my Mii is a light, medium or heavy and does wearing an Amibbo suit change the weight?

Compare the stats of the Mii to Mario. If it's the same, it's a medium Wii. If the stats are the same as Baby Mario, it's a light Mii. If the stats are the same as Bowser, it's a heavy Mii.

The Mii weight is based on the length set in Mii maker. Unless you play Wii Fit U, since Wii Fit U edits the Mii data.

The costumes are just cosmetic.

jariw

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

KB90 wrote:

Compare the stats of the Mii to Mario. If it's the same, it's a medium Wii. If the stats are the same as Baby Mario, it's a light Mii. If the stats are the same as Bowser, it's a heavy Mii.

The Mii weight is based on the length set in Mii maker. Unless you play Wii Fit U, since Wii Fit U edits the Mii data.

The costumes are just cosmetic.

So Wii Fit U makes your Mii weight in every game equivalent to what it measures you? If so I'm glad I don't play Wii Fit U!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic