Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 3,881 to 3,900 of 4,852

Grumblevolcano

The first Ice Ice Outpost shortcut is glitched, view at 15 seconds in with 0.25 speed. You can clearly see I made it but fell through the ice.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Yoshi_Prime

So, my friends and I checked out the DLC on Saturday, and triple starred everything by Sunday. Fun times were had. I was not a big fan of the harsh turns of the Yoshi course and Ice Ice Outpost, or the everything of the Hyrule course (could never win on that one). Buuut, Mute City could be a contender for my favorite course in any Mario Kart. It was a nice, faithful recreation and was a ton of fun to play on, particularly the beginning boosters.

Yoshi_Prime

UGXwolf

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The first Ice Ice Outpost shortcut is glitched, view at 15 seconds in with 0.25 speed. You can clearly see I made it but fell through the ice.

I saw you land on the second portion and then your back wheel slid off the side. Yeah, your front wheel clipped through the ice, but this doesn't look like a big glitch. just a minor clipping issue. Now let's talk about that awful camera angle!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I saw you land on the second portion and then your back wheel slid off the side. Yeah, your front wheel clipped through the ice, but this doesn't look like a big glitch. just a minor clipping issue. Now let's talk about that awful camera angle!

Yeah, changing the camera angle is a feature I wish was on MKTV. As I doubt it'll be updated, hopefully if there's an equivalent to MKTV in Smash that there ends up being much more freedom with videos.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

That's actually pretty cool.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

vio

Shy_Guy wrote:

I notice the Bullet Bill item shows up more often than before online or is it just me?

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I also noticed with the Version 3.0 update that the VR point system has been adjusted again. It doesn't seem punish you as severely for doing poorly in a race now. It's sort of a partial revert to the original system before the 2.0 update happened.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Yoshi

NintyMan wrote:

I found this on Miiverse. Did anyone here know that the Daisy Cruiser can be seen at GCN Yoshi Circuit?
Untitled

Daisy Circuit confirmed for DLC Pack 2.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Atariboy

The Daisy Cruiser was there off the coast of that track on Double Dash as well. So I wouldn't count on it being a hint.

Untitled

But with the original Rainbow Road having surprisingly been remade for the 2nd game in a row, I guess you can't rule this one out.

Edited on by Atariboy

Atariboy

Grumblevolcano

GoneFishin wrote:

The Daisy Cruiser was there off the coast of that track on Double Dash as well. So I wouldn't count on it being a hint.

Untitled

But with the original Rainbow Road having surprisingly been remade for the 2nd game in a row, I guess you can't rule this one out.

It would be cool to have Daisy Cruiser on MK8 though if that ends up being a hint then N64 Koopa Troopa Beach would likely be coming at the same time (You can see the course off in the distance when at the downward glider section of Sunshine Airport) which I really don't want (no more N64 courses, please!).

Grumblevolcano

UGXwolf

Grumblevolcano wrote:

GoneFishin wrote:

Untitled

The completionist in me is crying out for Wario Stadium.

It would be cool to have Daisy Cruiser on MK8 though if that ends up being a hint then N64 Koopa Troopa Beach would likely be coming at the same time (You can see the course off in the distance when at the downward glider section of Sunshine Airport) which I really don't want (no more N64 courses, please!).

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

crimsoncavalier

If they are going to do more remix courses, then I think we should get one that hasn't been remixed already. Just for variety's sake. I can think of very few courses in the history of Mario Kart that I actually HATE, but there are a few. However, playing the same courses on three different versions of Mario Kart is a bit of a waste, IMO.

I don't dislike the Rainbow Road in the DLC, because I think it's a great track, but why not bring something different? That's literally three different games in which that track appears. Why not do some other Rainbow Road, or just a track that hasn't been remixed yet?

Although I do think there should be more new tracks than remixed ones. They don't need to remix all of them.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

OneBagTravel

I want to see more 1 lap tracks like Mount Wario. Maybe a rally course through mud or a hill climb through Chocolate Mountain.

On another note, I've been playing a lot of online Mario Kart and find it to be some of the best online gaming I've done in a while.

Edited on by OneBagTravel

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

crimsoncavalier

OneBagTravel wrote:

I want to see more 1 lap tracks like Mount Wario. Maybe a rally course through mud or a hill climb through Chocolate Mountain.

I loved the one-lap sprint tracks in MK7. They need to do more, I agree.

I love playing online, but I find that sometimes the item generation is extremely unbalanced. To me, the blue shells appear way too often, and it's stupid that the person in first place gets a coin, second place gets red shells, and third place is getting bananas. That's a broken system, in my opinion.

And don't tell me it doesn't happen! I have video evidence of it.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

OneBagTravel

crimsoncavalier wrote:

I love playing online, but I find that sometimes the item generation is extremely unbalanced. To me, the blue shells appear way too often, and it's stupid that the person in first place gets a coin, second place gets red shells, and third place is getting bananas. That's a broken system, in my opinion.

And don't tell me it doesn't happen! I have video evidence of it.

Blue shell is just something you have to live with. Either get far enough ahead that you can spare a hit or stay close to 2nd so you can take out people around you. The game is fair enough to help you back if you drop back to 4th or lower. The worst case scenario is when you get a blue shell on the last lap. But that's just bad RNG.

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

Atariboy

crimsoncavalier wrote:

I don't dislike the Rainbow Road in the DLC, because I think it's a great track, but why not bring something different? That's literally three different games in which that track appears.

Four since it's also in Super Circuit.

Atariboy

Mk_II

QUestion... anyone else notice some strange finish line shenanigans? Today i beat this guy in three races but each time he showed up as the winner in the results. VERY strange. And no, he did not sneak past me at the last moment; there was a considerable distance between us.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Grumblevolcano

Mk_II wrote:

QUestion... anyone else notice some strange finish line shenanigans? Today i beat this guy in three races but each time he showed up as the winner in the results. VERY strange. And no, he did not sneak past me at the last moment; there was a considerable distance between us.

Lag, I've noticed there's been a lot of lag and disconnects with the new DLC but I guess it's likely due to the return of a huge influx of people playing.

Grumblevolcano

Spoony_Tech

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Mk_II wrote:

Lag, I've noticed there's been a lot of lag and disconnects with the new DLC but I guess it's likely due to the return of a huge influx of people playing.

It's always been there and in some cases like yours it's really bad. If I were you if it happens Even once back out and join another room other wise you will keep getting false finishes and you won't know where the other player really is.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MrWalkieTalkie

For non Mario DLC, I'd love to see:

Olimar playable
Bulborb kart
Pikmin racetrack

Kirby playable
Dedede playable
Warpstar kart
Dreamland racetrack

Ness playable
Mr. Saturn kart
Onett racetrack

The last being the least likely, but it'd still be really cool to see happen!

For Mario DLC characters, what I want most is:

Nabbit
Wiggler
King Boo

Also, characters from WarioWare or Diddy Kong Racing would be pretty rad but I doubt that'll ever happen...

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic