Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 3,801 to 3,820 of 4,852

WiiWareWave

brewsky wrote:

I did the same and I got Mario Kart Stadium. Then I exited out and did it again and I got Sweet Sweet Canyon.

Although, there should be an option to race 40 races total, because now, 8 courses will always be missing.

Okay! Thanks for letting me know, I'll delete the software update data and dlc and will download them again to see if it's just a faulty download that's at fault.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Faruko

Pahvi wrote:

Huh. I'm hardly all that into racing games of any sort, but I thought that of the Egg Cup only Yoshi Circuit was interesting. The best part of Mute City was that it reminded me a bit of Speed Racer (the game). Dragon Driftway and Excitebike Arena felt bland of the "corridor racing" variety - the latter actually less so. The tracks in this cup didn't even really swap between antigrav and not - it was all either-or. Of the Triforce Cup, Rainbow Road was for me the utterly forgettable one. Ice Ice Outpost and Hyrule Circuit were to me the most interesting tracks in this bundle.

Note that my "interesting" is very different from your "fun". I also did just one 100cc cup run on both and I rarely care to look into shortcuts. Maybe for a non-drop-in MK player the tracks are more interesting. For me - not so much.

You played only 1 track of Excite bike? theres your problem

try it again

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

DreamyViridi

I've never played an Excitebike game but I love the music for its race track. Probably my favourite of the 8 DLC track so far in terms of music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQk8Apc-l_4

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

OneBagTravel

DreamyViridi wrote:

I've never played an Excitebike game but I love the music for its race track. Probably my favourite of the 8 DLC track so far in terms of music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQk8Apc-l_4

Thanks for making me feel old lol.

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

DreamyViridi wrote:

You'll get your chance to try out Excitebike (NES) when you get Smash Wii U

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

I definitely agree that Ice Ice Outpost is easily one of the most interesting tracks design-wise. And Hyrule Circuit is one of the most interesting thematically. I think Mute City and Excitebike Arena tie for most interesting concept, while Dragon Driftway is IMO the most fun track to play, since I absolutely love drifting. Wario's Gold Mine is the most improved returnee, Yoshi's Circuit is awesome even with having the same track layout as before, and SNES Rainbow Road has the... Best... Improvement on a previously ear-bleeds soundtrack?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Mk_II

The ExciteBike track is excellent for multi-player mayhem and the random placement of hazards keeps it fresh. And Mute City proves we really need a new F Zero game.

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Budda

Did anyone noticed that Cat Peach says "'cat'astrophic!" when she looses a race?
Really a predictable pun if you ask me. lol

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Yoshi

UGXwolf wrote:

...and SNES Rainbow Road has the... Best... Improvement on a previously ear-bleeds soundtrack?

Most colorful.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

retropunky

Anticipation is kicking in... I can't wait to get home and boot this up!

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Yoshi

Eh...Ice Ice Outpost is not that great. The two path routes seem interesting in concept, but they're not unique enough. Imagine this on a track like, say Dragon Driftway. That would be neat.

And the name of the track begs the question: What is with Nintendo and double adjectives in their names?

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

SparkOfSpirit

I think all 8 are great tracks. I really have to applaud Nintendo for this DLC. They did really well with it.

Now, can we have some Battle Mode DLC? Pleeeease?

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Yoshi

To be fair, Ice Ice Outpost is not bad. There have been much worse tracks. It just pales in comparison to the others.

Now playing:

retropunky

They could have at least called it Icy Ice Post

Even if they don't fix battle mode, they should at least add battle arenas as an option.

I just can't get into the current battle format.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

jariw

brewsky wrote:

To be fair, Ice Ice Outpost is not bad. There have been much worse tracks. It just pales in comparison to the others.

You're right, it's hard to compete in the company of all the DLC tracks. What I personally appreciate the most about the DLC is that they don't just add new tracks, but try add new things that aren't "allowed" in the standard MK8 design. In all the non-remade tracks, the designers really try to do new things with the MK8 gameplay concept. If they can be as creative and innovative in the May DLC update, it's quite a feat.

jariw

Inkling

I think items are broken. My items do no damage, and randomly disappear after a bit

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

jariw

Inkling wrote:

I think items are broken. My items do no damage, and randomly disappear after a bit

Is it online? If so, sounds like connection issues at some end.

jariw

Spoony_Tech

The ice course wouldn't be that bad if they actually added ICE to the road somewhere!? O.o

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic