Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Posts 381 to 400 of 5,225

Yoshi

That box art is very eye-catching and appealing. No doubt people, more so children, will be drawn to it. The problem is that this is not the US box art, and Nintendo of America botches the box art far too frequently (I'm looking at you Zelda and your always gold box art). Here's hoping for some great box art in the West!

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Super Mario Maker (Wii U) | Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U) | The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (3DS)
Try this Super Mario Maker course: DCAB-0000-004E-34EA

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

PloXyZeRO

ntabruzzo wrote:

That box art is very eye-catching and appealing. No doubt people, more so children, will be drawn to it. The problem is that this is not the US box art, and Nintendo of America botches the box art far too frequently (I'm looking at you Zelda and your always gold box art). Here's hoping for some great box art in the West!

I'm not quite sure since I've only downloaded Wii U games so far, but haven't the box art for games been pretty much the same between regions lately?

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

Yoshi

PloXyZeRO wrote:

ntabruzzo wrote:

That box art is very eye-catching and appealing. No doubt people, more so children, will be drawn to it. The problem is that this is not the US box art, and Nintendo of America botches the box art far too frequently (I'm looking at you Zelda and your always gold box art). Here's hoping for some great box art in the West!

I'm not quite sure since I've only downloaded Wii U games so far, but haven't the box art for games been pretty much the same between regions lately?

I think the Wii U has had fairly similar box art across the regions. The 3DS is a different story. I know that varies quite a bit. I was just a bit frustrated at the Zelda box art in North America. Three Zelda games in a row (SS, WWHD, LBW), Nintendo of America has opted for a gold box art instead of the more natural, and more gorgeous in my opinion, box art seen in the other regions.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Super Mario Maker (Wii U) | Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U) | The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (3DS)
Try this Super Mario Maker course: DCAB-0000-004E-34EA

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

SparkOfSpirit

Finally, new characters that people want!

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Miss_Dark

looks like the best mario kart yet

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

19Robb92

Koopalings are a great addition!

The real star of the game seem to be the track designs though. The new tracks looks outstanding!

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Romeo

new characters... (super excited).. and then it's all those koopalings?
sigh...

Romeo

Booboos35

That new trailer, I just doggeyoopsied my pants.

Watch the language -Lz

Edited on by Lzeon

The King Of Strong Style

WingedSnagret

Sigh. I was honestly expecting Kirby based on Iwata's hint and Rosalina's Smash trailer from before.

Oh well, the Koopalings are cool anyway.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

PleaseUnderstan

I love Koopalings but where is Cootie Pie?

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

SparkOfSpirit

Romeo wrote:

new characters... (super excited).. and then it's all those koopalings?
sigh...

I was expecting Baby Wario and Baby Waluigi before getting an actual new Mario character never mind a whole set of them.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

cookiex

At least now we know exactly when it's coming out, but May 30th is pretty late. :/

The game looks amazing though.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

JonnyKong

Trailer is amazing,

But yeah, the gap between DK and this is horrendous. This console just isn't going to get a sales momentum going..

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

citizenerased

I hope the koopalings are boss characters in the game, and there being an insane mission mode. The DS iteration is awesome, I want more of that.

EDIT: Also when they made a big deal of there being new characters, for a while I was praying for Link / Samus / etc. I want Nintendo Kart.

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

NintyFan

A round-up of the stages shown:

  • A roller-coaster track with a roller-coaster named "Sub Coaster"
  • A neon track with neon lights with a sign named "Larry Lights" with an image of Larry Koopa
  • A desert track with a canyon and stream
  • 3DS DK Jungle
  • Wii Grumble Volcano
  • GBA Mario Circuit
  • Wii Toad's Factory

Happy 35th anniversary, Donkey Kong!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic