Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 3,761 to 3,780 of 4,852

jariw

Spanjard wrote:

I'm all updated, that's the thing.

And you started MK8 from the Wii U menu (not from the quick start)? When I did that, I first got a MK8 3.0.0 update, then I got a question if I wanted to download the DLC.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

JoyBoy

jariw wrote:

Spanjard wrote:

I'm all updated, that's the thing.

And you started MK8 from the Wii U menu (not from the quick start)? When I did that, I first got a MK8 3.0.0 update, then I got a question if I wanted to download the DLC.

So it's fixed now But no, I never got that question... Here's what happened if anyone has the same problem:

The first time I started Mk8 from the wii menu, It started to update, but that somehow didn't work? Because I couldn't play any new stages. I restarted the wii u and Mk8 several times but nothing happened. TILL I tried to find an online match and told me I couldn't because update was needed, told me to restart mk8 again, which I did, and it worked out! YEAH

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Dave24

Excitebike track is awesome! But the best feature of this DLC is... Playing Link in Mercedes

Dave24

UGXwolf

Oh God, these courses... Oh God, this music... Oh God! I love it all! Starting with Retro tracks:

Yoshi's Circuit is as amazing as ever. I still miss that old shortcut, but it's a fun track, regardless, and the graphical updates are great.

Wario's Gold Mine just got a lot more fun. The changes are minimal, for the most part, but the minecarts being anti-grav is a saving grace! Also, this track now really feels like a roller coaster.

SNES Rainbow Road no longer has ear bleedy music! I didn't hear it in MK7, but I can only assume this is an improvement. The track is also more fun than I remembered.

Next the inspired tracks:

Excitebike Arena is a rather bland course, but all the jumps make me not care. Can't wait to mindlove people with the randomized course.

Mute City has amazing music, and I love the fact that there are no coins.

Hyrule Circuit is just crazy. That hidden trick ramp? The music? The Rupees? Did anyone notice that the sound of the item roulette is now the jingle for opening a chest sped up? Or that the sound for getting an item is not the jingle for opening a chest? There are so many little nods in here, I can't nail them all down in one pass.

And the new tracks:

Dragon Driftway is as hard as I'd hoped it would be, but the AI seemed a bit confused on this course. The music is a tad underwhelming, but this is an amazing course just for its use of anti-gravity.

Ice Ice Outpost is easily the hardest of this set, and Time Trials on this track are gonna be really fun.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

KB90

I paid for it ages ago, where do I find it to DL it or will it auto DL?

KB90

Dave24

KB90 wrote:

As soon as you will turn on the game, it will update the game and then download dlc.

The only tracks I don't like are Wario Gold Mine, Dragon Driftway (the music is painfully boring and unmemorable) - Rainbow Road is tolerable, not the best, but not the worst either. Same with Ice Ice Outpost. The rest however is totally worth the asking price.

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

Jazzer94

Loving all the new tracks but if I had to pick my least favourite it would be Hyrule Circuit.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

KB90

Dave24 wrote:

KB90 wrote:

As soon as you will turn on the game, it will update the game and then download dlc.

The only tracks I don't like are Wario Gold Mine, Dragon Driftway (the music is painfully boring and unmemorable) - Rainbow Road is tolerable, not the best, but not the worst either. Same with Ice Ice Outpost. The rest however is totally worth the asking price.

Thank you..It's DL as I type...kid at Christmas

KB90

Faruko

Holy crap this DLC IS GREAT !!!

love everything, the only thing i dont like is the new Yoshi Circuit... it feels weird

FZero and Excite Bike tracks are godlike, best tracks in Mario Kart EVER

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Faruko

Do we have tournaments ? Maybe a non-DLC Frantic/Normal and a DLC Frantic/Normal ?

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

JoyBoy

They really nailed the fzero track. It feels a lot faster than other courses. Now I just need a C.Falcon Amiibo. And I'll be driving round Mute City with style ^^

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Grumblevolcano

Top 3 for me are easily:
Mute City
Wii Wario's Gold Mine
GCN Yoshi Circuit

The one I dislike the most is SNES Rainbow Road.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

Best tracks are Mute City and SNES Rainbow Road. By quite a margin even over all the other tracks in the game or indeed over any track in any Mario Kart I've played.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Taceus

Yeah, Mute City all the way. Don't think I'll tire of it.
I like the Excitebike track more than I thought I would.
SNES Rainbow Road surprised me, pleasantly.

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

Whopper744

Mute City is fantastic, though I've only played the Egg cup so far. My wife and I at 5:30 this morning before work. Good, coffee fueled times! http://youtu.be/it3nQ64eItc

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

jariw

Has anyone played Ice Ice Outpost a lot? I only did one quick play through, but I noticed that I could switch to the adjacent lane, when the other lane was below my own track.

For those who have played this track more than me: how do the read and blue shells behave? Do they hunt you across lanes, or is it possible to dodge shells by switching lanes?

jariw

Spoony_Tech

jariw wrote:

Has anyone played Ice Ice Outpost a lot? I only did one quick play through, but I noticed that I could switch to the adjacent lane, when the other lane was below my own track.

For those who have played this track more than me: how do the read and blue shells behave? Do they hunt you across lanes, or is it possible to dodge shells by switching lanes?

I had a red shell follow me across but it was already pretty close to me. I would imagine going up helps to shake the red shells more so then going down.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dave24

Sometimes red shell misses, sometimes it appears out of blue... As always.

If they will make more patches, I want them to make proper online selection of tracks - not 3 + 1 random, I would like a whole list and choose whatever track I want. Yeah, it still could be the one that is not selected, but at least I have an option to vote for whatever I want with a chance of enjoying this track. Because as far as I played... there are not that many people wanting to play DLC, and the game random selection of 3 tracks doesn't like them also

Dave24

Randomname19

Faruko wrote:

Holy crap this DLC IS GREAT !!!

love everything, the only thing i dont like is the new Yoshi Circuit... it feels weird

Same here.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

NinjaWaddleDee

These new tracks are wonderful! However, I would have to say that Rainbow Road (SNES) is now my least favorite track in the whole game. I'm also not really a fan of Link. He looks well... kind of creepy. They should have went with Toon Link

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic